PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with game controls. Please help!!

TroodsMcD
11th January 2009, 06:13 AM
Hello,

I've had Project 64 for awhile, but I've been using a lot more games lately. I've noticed that there are a handful of games that all have the same problem for me: In some games, all the buttons work fine except for up, down, left, and right. That's a problem... lol Even if I enter other controller buttons or even computer keyboard buttons to control the directions, it won't work. What do I do?? It doesn't sound like it matters what kind of controller I have, but just incase, it's just a PC gamepad called a Nyko Airflo. Do I need a plugin or update or something? It seems to be a software problem, since it won't even work when I configure the directions to be controlled by the computer keyboard. But maybe I'm wrong. Suggestions? ....

Thanks!

Thunder
14th January 2009, 07:10 PM
Hello,

I've had Project 64 for awhile, but I've been using a lot more games lately. I've noticed that there are a handful of games that all have the same problem for me: In some games, all the buttons work fine except for up, down, left, and right. That's a problem... lol Even if I enter other controller buttons or even computer keyboard buttons to control the directions, it won't work. What do I do?? It doesn't sound like it matters what kind of controller I have, but just incase, it's just a PC gamepad called a Nyko Airflo. Do I need a plugin or update or something? It seems to be a software problem, since it won't even work when I configure the directions to be controlled by the computer keyboard. But maybe I'm wrong. Suggestions? ....

Thanks!

It can maybe the gamepad drivers or hardware arenīt compatible with jaboīs controller plugin. Did you tried the n-rage plugin included?

CA5
14th January 2009, 07:28 PM
It can maybe the gamepad drivers or hardware arenīt compatible with jaboīs controller plugin. Did you tried the n-rage plugin included?

Try the N-Rage plugin, make sure you have the correct drivers installed, and stupid as it sounds... make sure the game you're playing is controlled with the joystick. I remember the first time I played Kirby64... I thought my keyboard was broke... then I found out it was played with the D-Pad :D