PDA

View Full Version : Force 4 Players Mode ([PAL] Mystical Ninja 2 - Starring Goemon)

STUVash
3rd January 2014, 08:00 PM
(This might work on any version but I used Project 64 v1.6)

Hi, I happenned to play Mystical Ninja 2 recently and I was very pleased to finish it. But I was even more pleased to see that there was a 4 players mode after the game is finished.

You just have to press C-Right + Start on the 3rd player controller and 4th player controller to add a new player.

Unfortunately you can't play in the castles levels after you finished the game. And they are the funniest moments you could find in the game. Full of traps and monsters with great great music :3

So I wanted to force the 4 players mode to be enabled right from the start of a game. I did some research and test with cheat engine on Project 64 and calculated the true N64 addresses. Here's what I got but you'll also need to have 44 Pass.

These are the 4 players Mode

81088F72 8000
81088F82 0101
81363480 0000

And this one is to have at least 44 Pass (this number will increase on with the stages you'll be clearing during the game)

81088ECB 002C

This one is to unlock all characters

80088E61 0004

You can use them all in one cheat file.

81088F72 8000
81088F82 0101
81363480 0000
81088ECB 002C
80088E61 0004

Just run your game. Open a save file. Get on the world map or in a level. Activate the cheat. Go back in the game. At this point you can disable the cheat if you want or let it on, it doesn't matter.

If you save your game after using this cheat, whenever you'll load your game the 4 players mode will be activated and you'll have 44 Pass (or more) and all characters enabled.

Note : You can't add a player in a house or on the map. The 3rd and 4th player have 3 lives and infinite Continues.

Note 2 :The 3rd and 4th players disappear when you enter a new place, like a room in a dungeon or a house, or anything with a small loading time. (screen goes black for a moment y'know)
So you won't have any problem with the water levels (as long as Player 1 and 2 are Yae and Sasuke) but you'll have to add a player for each room you enter (it's a bit annoying but it's fine if it's to play with 4 players :3)

Note 3 : There was a moment I couldn't add a 4th player but after I entered a new zone I could do it ... Dunno why but it's very rare (also this game has a lot of bugs so I'm not that surprised)

I look forward to play with my family on this game again. I'm sure a lot of fun is waiting me again. Happy New Year and I wish you all a lot of fun :rolleyes: