PDA

View Full Version : Stuck with Ocarina of Time cheat

LuckyDaemon
12th March 2014, 01:22 AM
Hey, I cheated and it seems to have backfired badly as I wasn't keeping track of everything while native saving.

Basically, I used the "Always have wallet size" cheat (8011A672 0067 and later 57). This gives you the wallet size specified, but it also puts a scale in the wrong slot and gives you the broken giant's knife in the bottom slot where the scale should be. This causes a problem diving where you can only dive for one second.

I figured out a way to remove the bad scale and replace it with the either the silver or gold scale in the proper slot. Just disable the wallet size cheat and enable the item modifier 1 cheat with the proper scale. BUT, doing this automatically causes the wallet to go back to kid size.

I tried using the 1st cheat to get the proper wallet, doing a native save, and loading that save. I had the proper wallet size, no cheats, but the scale in the wrong spot and the broken knife. I then used to item modifier cheat to fix that (8011A672 0002 and later 8011A672 0004)--and the wallet size changed back into a kid size!

These two attributes are linked, you can either have the adult or giant wallet, or you can have a working scale, but not both, once you use the wallet size cheat.

To top it all off, I did all of this after collecting on the skulltullas, so all the people have the curse lifted so there is no way to get the larger wallets in the game now.

To top THAT off...even with no cheats enabled I can't use my slingshot or deku sticks/nuts as a child because they are stuck at 0, even when I collect replacements. I don't know which cheat did that, but those were the only two I used.

Am I stuck like this? Is my only option to find an uncorrupted save state?

RPGMaster
12th March 2014, 06:11 AM
Your best bet is to compare memory with other save files. If you have windows 7, you could restore the save file to a previous date. My suggestion is to always have backup save file incase bad things happen. I wish I could help you, but I didn't write down much data for OOT.

Which version of Ocarina are you playing? If you really need help, upload the save file, and i can play around with it this week.

LuckyDaemon
16th March 2014, 06:38 PM
Okay, please disregard all the previous posts. I managed to restore previous versions and I have the Adult wallet and the scales are working normally. I won't be able to get the giant wallet but I can live with that!

Now the only problem I have is the Deku seeds and Deku nuts. They remain at zero. When I collect new seeds and nuts, they stay at zero. Probably the same for sticks too.

The infinite cheats work but I would rather play without cheats. Does this problem sound fixable? I've attached the the native save and the PJ file to this post as zip. Or let me know what I can do to troubleshoot a glitch like that if there is a way.

Thank you again for reading!

retroben
16th March 2014, 08:01 PM
Edit:You will need to have debugger enabled to access the memory viewer.

Go to 0x8011A670 in the memory viewer to see your upgrades status.

Tell me what four numbers are in that location for you.

I have 00 12 40 00 and 00 12 80 00 before and after only the seed upgrade in the start of the game when getting the slingshot ASAP.

When I changed the 40/80 to 20,it messed up my slingshot ammo and changed my wallet size.

It must be one of those 1,2,4,8,10,20,40,80 code-types.

Edit:I added 20 to my 80 to make A0,and I ended up with a larger wallet with the upgraded slingshot ammo intact.

All after saving,exiting and opening it back up...
My wallet change can max out to 500,but the item is not on the pause menu visually.
I got the golden scale with 8 diving depth when I added 4 to my value.

retroben
16th March 2014, 09:33 PM
Just tell me your values and then tell me what you need to have.

RPGMaster
16th March 2014, 11:37 PM
Now the only problem I have is the Deku seeds and Deku nuts. They remain at zero. When I collect new seeds and nuts, they stay at zero. Probably the same for sticks too.

The infinite cheats work but I would rather play without cheats. Does this problem sound fixable? I've attached the the native save and the PJ file to this post as zip. Or let me know what I can do to troubleshoot a glitch like that if there is a way.
If you're patient, I can map out some data this week. If you'd rather do it yourself, then what you have to do is compare data between a legit save file, and a hacked one. I know that those "have x item" codes are buggy, because it's incomplete. I know that there's an area in memory that tells the game what the max item limit is for things like deku seeds, deku stick, deku nuts, bombs, etc. Are you playing on version 1.0?

Also are you saying that the wallet code caused deku stick and nuts to be glitchy?

LuckyDaemon
23rd March 2014, 01:55 AM
Just tell me your values and then tell me what you need to have.
I'm really sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do I enable the debugger? I'm not using the beta version yet...I just realized I should have posted this in the other subforum for 1.6. I'm so sorry, I just saw "cheats" and assumed it would go here. Should I upgrade?

If you're patient, I can map out some data this week. If you'd rather do it yourself, then what you have to do is compare data between a legit save file, and a hacked one. I know that those "have x item" codes are buggy, because it's incomplete. I know that there's an area in memory that tells the game what the max item limit is for things like deku seeds, deku stick, deku nuts, bombs, etc. Are you playing on version 1.0?

Also are you saying that the wallet code caused deku stick and nuts to be glitchy?
I'm not quite sure which version of OoT I'm playing.
The wallet code caused the deku nuts, deku seeds, deku sticks and the arrows too to all be glitchy. They stay at zero even if I collect items. That's with no cheats enabled. Using an infinite cheat is the only way I can use these things.
Thank you both for your help. I really appreciate it.

RPGMaster
23rd March 2014, 02:15 AM
Now that you mention that you don't even know what version you are playing on. That might explain the glitches. I play on 1.0 and have not encountered such problems.

You'll need to find out what version, if you want more help from us. I'm pretty sure the rom name itself would say what version it is. If not, you could at least post the crc of the rom itself.

retroben
23rd March 2014, 02:41 AM
I checked and he is using the 1.0 version according to the code.
It is an incorrect value possibly caused by the original code creator's stupidity.

When I get the chance to,
I can easily check the memory viewer with a 100% complete save file to see what the value of the equipment code is.

HatCat
23rd March 2014, 03:33 AM
If you open the ROM in a hex editor, and the 64th byte from the top (0x00 .. 0x3F, last byte of the 64-byte ROM header) is 0x00, then it is indeed the 1.0 ROM.