PDA

View Full Version : help! please??

codynw42
23rd January 2009, 11:42 PM
i just downloaded the 1.6 public version and the first time i open it, it says
"Graphics Error. Direct3D failed to initialize. Error Code 8876086A. D3DERR_NOT AVAILABLE."

what do i do to fix this???

then when i click "ok" another one pops up and says
"Error. The default or selected video plugin is missing or invalid. Check that you have at least one compatible plugin file in your plugin folder.

keep in mind, this is the very first time i opened pj64 so i havent messed with anything,

MasterPhW
24th January 2009, 12:05 PM
Probably you have an outdated version of DirectX 9.0... download the webinstaller (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en) and update it.

squall_leonhart
25th January 2009, 06:08 PM
highly doubt that.

Mdkcheatz
27th January 2009, 09:52 AM
i just downloaded the 1.6 public version and the first time i open it, it says
"Graphics Error. Direct3D failed to initialize. Error Code 8876086A. D3DERR_NOT AVAILABLE."

what do i do to fix this???

then when i click "ok" another one pops up and says
"Error. The default or selected video plugin is missing or invalid. Check that you have at least one compatible plugin file in your plugin folder.

keep in mind, this is the very first time i opened pj64 so i havent messed with anything,

Check and see if "Jabo's Direct 3D8 1.6" or "Jabo's Direct 3D8 1.5.2" under settings>plugins. If yes, choose the one that is not selected, if no, then you can search for it by going into Settings>directories.... images for guidence are below, let me know how it works out for you! ;)