PDA

View Full Version : really strange error in project 64 gui

careta
27th January 2009, 04:33 AM
Hi. I'm a new user of project 64 and i'm loving it, seriously considering donating to get v1.7.

Anyway, there is a problem preventing me from fully enjoying pj64.
I installed v1.6 and everything works fine, except for a few strange errors in the gui. It seems that on some screens the fonts are larger than in the rest of the application, and this prevents me from accessing a few options - namely in the input plugin :( - and i can't make the window any larger.

This is ankward to explain, a picture is better than 1000 words, 3 pictures are better than a million!

Mdkcheatz
27th January 2009, 09:29 AM
I see what you mean, that looks like a real bugger. I launched my version of PJ64 v1.6 and I do not have the same issue. Even if I did, v1.6 is unsupported, only v1.7 beta. So you do not have any hope in fixing that for v1.6. Now as far as helping you solve the issue, I'm thinking it has something to due with your computer rather than the emulator. Please provide some details in regards to what kind of system you are launching that version of the emulator under. Meanwhile, see if its possible to launch the emulator under a different computer (windows xp) and see if you still have the same issue.

Mdkcheatz
27th January 2009, 09:36 AM
Here is an image of what I see.

squall_leonhart
27th January 2009, 10:04 AM
set the screen dpi to 96 rather then 120.

careta
27th January 2009, 05:41 PM
set the screen dpi to 96 rather then 120.

It's already set to 96 dpi. I tried setting to 72 dpi, everything got smaller, except those dialogs!!

It may be a problem with my OS. I'm using Windows for Legacy pc's, which is a less resource consuming version of XP. Most things work fine, including drivers, but some very specific things don't work (for example, 3G internet modems). It may be related to that, but installing XP just to configure Pj64 is a pain in the ass...

Does anyone have a configuration file at hand for NRage plugin using a Logitech Rumblepad 2 controller?

Mdkcheatz
27th January 2009, 07:30 PM
Can't you just put the emulator and all it's components onto a flash drive then launch it on someone elses windows xp and save your own couple of configurations? (local library or school maybe)

careta
27th January 2009, 07:39 PM
wow.. how can i be so stupid and not remember something like that?

thanks pal!