PDA

View Full Version : Possible 16x9 codes without much change.

Wally123
30th June 2014, 01:58 PM
So I was playing Twilight Princess and Windwaker for GameCube...Both have 16x9 Action Replay codes that allow for 16x9 widescreen without distortion of textures...or any type of corruption.

This is the decoded AR code for Wind Waker:

043FA998 3FE38E39

This is the decoded AR code for Twilight Princess:

0445391C 3FE38E39

retroben, I have a hunch that the first string identifies the game, but the second merely sets the FOV as they are exactly the same...If you can figure this out for Ocarina of Time version 1.1...we won't have to worry about geometry hacks screwing up enhanced textures using the Glide Plugin...

retroben
1st July 2014, 12:26 AM
Can you get the original values of one of those codes?

The only feasable way to do that is through Dolphin and cheat search/cheat engine.

I guess you could tamper with the value (maybe 3FE38E39 and 3FD08E39) and repeatedly search for said values by placing two copies of the code with different values and switching between enabling one and the other.
The value will be different even if the visuals don't update.

Wait,I think a certain version of Jabo's D3D has a forced 16:9 hack in the settings.
Try that and tell me if it works well enough for you.

Edit:Found a camera distance code on gamehacking org.

Code for REV0 by: J.Lint, Hack Master

Camera Far
8010A711 0099

Edit:I have an improvement to the Zelda Ocarina 60fps code. (not mine?)

I quickly ported the gravity modifier from 1.2 to 1.0 and found the sweet spot for all but jump slash.

ZOOT 60fps+JumpFix
801C6F2D 00D8
801C6FA1 0001
It lowers the gravity just enough so you can make ledge jumps.

Edit:Too bad the animation cycle makes Deku Sticks burn out too fast.
We just need a very skilled hacker to make a romhack that fixes all of the issues while using the 60fps code.
It could also have a model hack like that Sonic model,but instead,just Link with extra frames implemented for smoother animation.
Who knows?,maybe somebody can get the 3DS version's models,universalize them,and port them into the N64 version.

Edit:Now with crawl fix for when you would get stuck with the code enabled.
It is a dirty hack-around,but it works.

Zelda 60fps+JumpFix+CrawlFix
D11C8680 0000
801C6F2D 009C
D11C8680 0000
801C6FA1 0003
D31C8680 0000
801C6F2D 00D8
D31C8680 0000
801C6FA1 0001

Wally123
1st July 2014, 10:47 AM
I think this may have to be a joint project retroben. Jabo's does something to hack the FOV to correct the geometry. The only way to figure that out is searching for the hexidecimal bytecode changes while running Jabo's Direct 3D from PJ64 under the forced 16x9 ratio. Jabo's is a pain to set up high res textures with...

The goal is simply finding that bitcode I think...I'm a tad less knowledgeable in that department, so I was wondering if maybe I could put you to task on making one while I test what code you might find.

retroben
1st July 2014, 09:52 PM
I did not think about this until now!
I should just open memory viewer near the camera code in 8010A000 and look for 3F80 based values and test each one I find.

Wally123
3rd July 2014, 03:27 PM
The second sets of numbers are floating point values...I don't know if that helps or not...

hellbringer616
3rd July 2014, 06:36 PM
I doubt the models from the 3ds version can be ported to OoT.
Loving the above codes in Dolphin though, before i wasn't sure if i wanted the Wii Twilight Princess or the GC one, the above patch took care of that!

On topic of the Rom Hacking (which i should probably make my own thread for) where abouts could i find the tools and documentation to start hacking OoT to run at 60fps? (or hell i'll even take 30!) mostly the rom hacking, i understand that there is probably no documentation on OoT's internal structure

Wally123
3rd July 2014, 11:22 PM
Why bother with those when all this is, is an FOV change?

Wally123
3rd July 2014, 11:30 PM
I doubt the models from the 3ds version can be ported to OoT.
Loving the above codes in Dolphin though, before i wasn't sure if i wanted the Wii Twilight Princess or the GC one, the above patch took care of that!

On topic of the Rom Hacking (which i should probably make my own thread for) where abouts could i find the tools and documentation to start hacking OoT to run at 60fps? (or hell i'll even take 30!) mostly the rom hacking, i understand that there is probably no documentation on OoT's internal structure

All of OoT's animations both 2D and 3D are capped at 30FPS....its camera runs at 60FPS for NTSC and 50FPS for PAL.

We are not porting the models from the 3DS version as there are various high resolution texture packs available for the N64 version..which is what I'm hoping to uncover with these patches.

As for the GC version of Twilight Princess...turn on Fast Depth Calculator and edit the game INI file to delete the line pertaining to the fast depth calculator.

hellbringer616
4th July 2014, 12:18 AM
RetroBen was working on a 60fps hack, and mentioned it in this thread. And no, it's capped at 20FPS not 30, it's eye straining to be honest haha.

Also RetroBen mentioned the model importing.

The new hack in twilight princess speeds it up, and is enabled by default for it so all I'll need to worry about is Hyrule Field, Which sadly even my 3570k at 4.5ghz can't do at full speed :( someone tested a 4690k at 4.7 or 4.8ghz and got 23 at the lowest, and 28 at the highest haha (out of 30)

RPGMaster
4th July 2014, 01:17 AM
On topic of the Rom Hacking (which i should probably make my own thread for) where abouts could i find the tools and documentation to start hacking OoT to run at 60fps? (or hell i'll even take 30!) mostly the rom hacking, i understand that there is probably no documentation on OoT's internal structureYou'd pretty much have to rewrite a significant portion of the game. The game was designed for 20fps so you'd have to change all variables related to speed. You'd also have to fix the audio.

hellbringer616
4th July 2014, 03:08 PM
I know nothing of coding and rom hacking, but to be honest i've been saying i need to contribute to a project of some sorts. So hey, could be fun, small, and though not a big contribution, But it's a stepping stonge :D or maybe this is too big to do.
But you RPGmaster, i've been following your posts and you went from what appears to be a guy who knows nothing, to a guy who is on his way to contributing. And you inspired me to give something a whirl.

Wally123
4th July 2014, 03:14 PM
RetroBen was working on a 60fps hack, and mentioned it in this thread. And no, it's capped at 20FPS not 30, it's eye straining to be honest haha.

Also RetroBen mentioned the model importing.

The new hack in twilight princess speeds it up, and is enabled by default for it so all I'll need to worry about is Hyrule Field, Which sadly even my 3570k at 4.5ghz can't do at full speed :( someone tested a 4690k at 4.7 or 4.8ghz and got 23 at the lowest, and 28 at the highest haha (out of 30)

I'm playing the game on my TV set hooked up to my desktop...

Dolphin settings: As for the issues in Hyrule Field...turn on Fast Depth Calculation and use OpenGL as the backend renderer for Dolphin

Right click on the game then on Properties...

Click on "Show Default Settings"

Search for FastDepthCalc and delete that line and turn it on as the default graphics setting in OpenGL mode through Dolphin's graphics settings..

Set the internal resolution to 2x or 2.5x do not use Antialiasing and set the anisotropic filter to 16x...use the Auto resolution setting and turn on VSync.

As for the audio configuration, use Direct Sound and set the timer to Auto...

RPGMaster
5th July 2014, 02:22 AM
I know nothing of coding and rom hacking, but to be honest i've been saying i need to contribute to a project of some sorts. So hey, could be fun, small, and though not a big contribution, But it's a stepping stonge :D or maybe this is too big to do.
But you RPGmaster, i've been following your posts and you went from what appears to be a guy who knows nothing, to a guy who is on his way to contributing. And you inspired me to give something a whirl.I am truly honored :D .

To be quite honest, it is too big to do. I'm not sure if I'm even capable of doing something like this. It would literally take countless hours. I guess step 1 would be to figure out how to fix the audio once you increase the fps limit. You could maybe study the difference in games between PAL and US versions.

My advice is, start small and work your way up. Build on what you know.

Idk how much of the game is documented. I attempted to add to the documentation for save file data, but I kinda gave up xD. More like I lost interest, but it was fun while it lasted.

If this goal of yours means so much to you, then I say go for it. You'll just have to be patient and do a little at a time. Fortunately since it's a fairly popular game, other people may take interest and help you out.

hellbringer616
11th July 2014, 09:58 PM
So i was looking for widescreen hacks for Ocarina of time, and found a video where the hud doesn't stretch, reportedly they are using Project64 1.6 with a builtin widescreen hack, Is it possible to replicate that in PJ64 2.0? the first post mentioned it messing with texture packs, would someone care to elaborate on that?

retroben
12th July 2014, 09:37 PM
The widescreen hack is available in a certain JaboD3D Plugin version.

The option is called force override aspect.

Wally123
22nd July 2014, 03:22 PM
The widescreen hack is available in a certain JaboD3D Plugin version.

The option is called force override aspect.

The only issue is that high resolution textures are a pain to set up using Jabo's Direct3D...Rareware games often used built in 16x9 so it makes me wonder if any of those are part of a byte code hack used in Jabo's.

Marcelo_20xx
23rd August 2015, 04:19 PM
You know...there is no point in making or finding any more widescreen values, because apart from Mario Kart 64 I had found that almost all games have a viewport culling that messes ups the game and generate pop-ups when you change the aspect ratio. Castlevania Legacy of Darkness has the 3FAAAAAB value that has Mario Kart but the 3D geometry get clipped at the edges of the screen.

Unless you pair your aspect ratio code with another code that removes the culling there is no point. Another approach could be messing with the Glide64Final plugin and porting the new widescreen hack that Glide64N has, the code is fairly similar so it could be a more rewarding task...

I could make it but I got lost very quickly when trying to implement the new viewport function. I know for a fact that is something in the Changesize() and Viewport() that enables the widescreen in the plugin...

@retroben
I also tried your no Frameskip code for Banjo Tooie but sadly it speeds up the Gameplay speed like any other 60FPS code. It doesn't maintain the original internal speed...the only practical use is for removing the framekip by setting the code to a 0000 value so the game doesn't constant change the default 30FPS on demanding areas and make the FPS more steadily...

I am trying to make a speedrun of this game so, since your are the authority here on RARE ware games, I must ask: have you finished the game without freezing or hanging? I read people has trouble emulating this game because it randomly freezes. I dint played past the intro so far, I am mentally preparing for the speedrun but I want to know if I will have emulations problems beforehand.

So far I am using PJ64 1.6+Glide64Final+Hatcat's RSP and selfmod code at "Check Memory Advance", "Register Cache" and CF=1...

retroben
23rd August 2015, 06:43 PM
Edit: Current Banjo-Tooie code...

Sixty Frames Hack 2.0
8003F4F2 000D
8007913F 0001
D0081084 0008
8003F4F2 0002
Press D-pad up during a problematic cutscene to finish it and regain control. {end of edit}

It will take a bit before I can check my settings.
It never freezes or hangs aside from the washing machine crash risk.
The issue with the code on Banjo-Tooie is this,and a few cutscenes getting stuck on Counter Factor 1 or with the lagfix code.
I remedy this with suggesting CF=2 and pressing D-pad up to switch back into default lag for making the cutscene resume functioning and end successfully despite visual oddities. (this bypasses the normal minor-softlock issues)
Minor meaning it doesn't freeze or hang the actual game,and can be escaped by the code's D-pad up activator.

If you are using 1964,then that is likely the cause of your too fast issue.
This is a known issue on that emulator without using my code.
PJ64 runs fine,but not on 1.6,the 1.6 version oddly crashes even though other versions of PJ64 and Mupen never does. (at least not on file select like 1.6)
(Mupen is more accurate and likelier to freeze/crash in more situations with GS codes,Mupen64Plus is more up to date but lacks a decent GUI on Windows)
Not sure about Bizhawk's Mupen results.

The thing to invalidate a legit speedrun is the fact you can go really fast when performing crouch slides in rapid succession and the Washing machine goes crazy when moving and shooting,going out of bounds and sometimes causing a crash error.
Thanks!,I can add an optional activator handler to make the entire Washing machine usage run at 30fps to prevent the crazy glitch/crash.

The lag fix by itself makes levels load much faster and prevents framedropping.

SGDQ did a speedrun (clean actual console as usual) exploiting the cutscene watching glitch where you wrong-warp directly to the final HAG1 match.
Though this one is deemed unfair for the standard speedrun since it is not a "clean slate" start.
I am actually super curious how an XBLA speedrun would turn out.

Marcelo_20xx
23rd August 2015, 07:58 PM
Ok, thanks for all the info. I am using PJ64 exclusively for N64 emulation at the moment and for obvious reasons I wont use any GS codes to prevent invalidating the speedrun. Its that I usually make 4 to 5 complete run-throughs to the game before actually record the speedrun or speedruns attempts...

About your 60FPS code, it turns out I was only watching the intro and that's why I thought the gameplay speed was faster, on regular gameplay it actually runs at the correct speed. Also could you make a code for bypassing the jigsaw puzzle entirely and the no shadows code like the one you made for Conquer's BFD?

What do you mean by "the game crashes on file select"? I don't seem to have this issue on PJ64 1.6...

Thanks again...

retroben
23rd August 2015, 08:39 PM
Yeah,forgot to mention the demo runs too fast.

The no frameskip code always toggled a crash on me for some reason.
In the "Recompliler" menu on "edit game settings" (right click the game) I only have "Register Caching" and "Start Changed" enabled.

Sorry about the codes,I am focusing on Banjo-Kazooie right now.
I can only provide the washing machine fix for now.

Sixty Frames and Washer Fix
8003F4F2 000D
D0081084 0008
8003F4F2 0002
D0127096 0007
8007913F 0002
D2127096 0007
8007913F 0001
Fixes washing machine form by switching to 30fps.

Marcelo_20xx
24th August 2015, 01:15 AM
The no frameskip code always toggled a crash on me for some reason.
In the "Recompliler" menu on "edit game settings" (right click the game) I only have "Register Caching" and "Start Changed" enabled.

Are you sure you are using PJ64 1.6? because "Start Changed" is a 2.X option

Sorry about the codes,I am focusing on Banjo-Kazooie right now.

No problem...

retroben
24th August 2015, 01:22 AM
That was for newer versions,should have spaced that sentence out.
That's my settings on the 1.7 leaked b23 build.