PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer with xbox 360 controller

KKUAT
29th January 2009, 07:10 PM
I had a problem when I wanted to play project64 with 2 xbox 360 controllers.
I set the configuration for first player and it works but when I set the configuration for second player the first controller can move both characters.

I dont know why it happens, I think project64 detects both controllers as the same controller.
Somebody know how to fix it??? :confused:

squall_leonhart
4th February 2009, 08:38 PM
don't use microsofts crappy drivers.

KKUAT
5th February 2009, 12:45 AM
Thanks for the reply.
Could you please recommend me some good driver?

squall_leonhart
5th February 2009, 04:01 AM
the Japanese Wireless controllers, for the wireless control, or the XBCD drivesr for the wired control.

Thomas
6th February 2009, 02:09 PM
If you have no luck with XBCD there is a old version Nrage input plugin modified to use the stock MS Xinput drivers.

squall_leonhart
6th February 2009, 09:08 PM
Its shit, it was based off a broken version of the plugin which causes memory exceptions and the TPak support is broken.

Thomas
7th February 2009, 08:46 AM
For me it works a lot better than XBCD. This is why I said “If you have no luck with XBCD”. If XBCD does not work form him the old modified Nrage plugin is worth a try. The only really problem is if the controller is a sleep when you try and run PJ64 it causes said memory exception. Remember to turn it on and I have had no problems.

squall_leonhart
7th February 2009, 01:52 PM
XBCD works on all computers and works on all Xbox and Xbox 360 wired controllers. Only a mininal bunch of braindeads have issues with the installation, especially now that the first page of the installer lists an app to force it to work on Vista SP1.

XBCD + XBox 360 wrapper > all.

Microsoft suck in the fact they didn't just make the wireless reciever a standard wireless usb hub.

KKUAT
9th February 2009, 10:26 PM
I have two wireless controllers and I use the wireless reciever.
Does the XBCD driver works with these controllers?

squall_leonhart
10th February 2009, 06:58 AM
I have two wireless controllers and I use the wireless reciever.
Does the XBCD driver works with these controllers?

No, the japanese controller does however, only supports 1 control at a time though.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en-GB&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.katch.ne.jp%2F~morii%2F

KKUAT
13th February 2009, 06:53 PM
:( bad news. I'd like to find some driver that supports two wireless controllers. Anyway thanks.

fullygully
19th March 2009, 04:08 AM
For me it works. Yesterday i bought a wireless 360 joystick with the usb pc device. (since ms don't sell them seperately anymore over here)
Worked perfect after install with project64 and other emu's.
Just now, i tried to connect a second xbox 360 jstick to my pc. ( one that was registered to my xbox360).
Pc (and or adapter) didn't recognise the second jstick at first, but after selecting the ms xbox accesessories tab, it did .
I saw this post after buying the adapter and jstick and was obviously worried that i wouldn't be able to play multi player games this way. So i was pleased it was untrue and so by fact being a software problem for peeps 'not working'
I did not install any alternate ms drivers or pj64 controller plugins, it was as plug in and play.

Will try mario kart on pj64 with 4 xbox360 joysticks tomorrow. Just played it with 2 and worked perfect.

ps i had to take out the powercord of my xbox 360 before i could register the joystick to my pc adapter. When its registered, it stays registered to the device until you, your self, change it otherwise.

greetz fullygully

horustineo
20th October 2014, 01:37 AM
For me it works. Yesterday i bought a wireless 360 joystick with the usb pc device. (since ms don't sell them seperately anymore over here)
Worked perfect after install with project64 and other emu's.
Just now, i tried to connect a second xbox 360 jstick to my pc. ( one that was registered to my xbox360).
Pc (and or adapter) didn't recognise the second jstick at first, but after selecting the ms xbox accesessories tab, it did .
I saw this post after buying the adapter and jstick and was obviously worried that i wouldn't be able to play multi player games this way. So i was pleased it was untrue and so by fact being a software problem for peeps 'not working'
I did not install any alternate ms drivers or pj64 controller plugins, it was as plug in and play.

Will try mario kart on pj64 with 4 xbox360 joysticks tomorrow. Just played it with 2 and worked perfect.

ps i had to take out the powercord of my xbox 360 before i could register the joystick to my pc adapter. When its registered, it stays registered to the device until you, your self, change it otherwise.

greetz fullygully

Maybe it's a little late for this but make sure you connect all controllers before launching PJ64, then make sure each player has each controller in "Game Device" selection (this is while setting up the controllers) and finally make sure "Controller is plugged in" is checked. At least it worked for me, I have 2.1.0.1 and 2 controllers with official driver

Egg90
12th September 2016, 08:11 PM
Hi all. Thought I'd necro this thread rather than make a fresh one as I'm having the same issue with an updated version.

I'm on P64 v2.3 using N-Rage Input v2.4 and trying to use 2 wireless Xbox 360 controllers connected to 1 receiver.

Windows detects both controllers and names them the same thing (Xbox 360 Wireless Controller), I can calibrate them independently. Now from what I have read, previously with N-Rage and other plugins there was a drop down menu for each controller named Input Device or similar. This would have 2 Xbox options and I would just select different ones for each controller and it would work.
However this version of N-Rage doesn't have any device selection option and so controller 1 ends up controlling both players 1 & 2.

How do I get round this please?

I've searched for other plugins. Jabo's is a patch for P64 v1.6, Shunyuan's is a .cpp file not .dll which I put in Plugin/Input folder anyway but didn't work, and another said "file removed, just use N-Rage". I can't find an older version of N-Rage to try either.

Please help, thanks :)

Frank74
12th September 2016, 11:39 PM
I've searched for other plugins. Jabo's is a patch for P64 v1.6, Shunyuan's is a .cpp file not .dll which I put in Plugin/Input folder anyway but didn't work, and another said "file removed, just use N-Rage". I can't find an older version of N-Rage to try either.

Please help, thanks :)

Here's N-Rage 2.3b.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9498358/n64/NRage_Input_V2.3b.zip

2.3c introduced some bugs with mempaks and no improvements.

Bonus with 2.3b is, sometimes, you'll get blue water in Frigate on Goldeneye. Haven't a clue how this can happen, but using 2.3b, you will occasionally have the correct colour water in Goldeneye on Frigate level. Something to do with the pif I suppose?

HatCat
13th September 2016, 02:19 PM
PIF points pretty deep into the memory map, but if N-Rage 2.3 has buffer underrun (maybe overrun, too) it is possible for RDRAM to be modified in a way that fixes the skies on accident.

If you think that's the case I would suggest compiling N-Rage with empty ControllerCommand() and ReadController() functions with no code in it, as that's the only function that receives any access to RDRAM. Maybe your controller will stop working as well...hmm...tough. :) Learn to use keyboards.

HatCat
13th September 2016, 02:22 PM
Shunyuan's is a .cpp file not .dll which I put in Plugin/Input folder anyway but didn't work,

I'm tempted to file an issue with Project64 saying it needs to recognize .cpp files as plugins in the plugin dir, instead of just Win32 DLLs.

Project64 needs to implement its own C language parser and interpreter so it can support plugins in .C and .CPP format.

Egg90
13th September 2016, 06:14 PM
Awesome, thanks Frank that worked a treat! Even though it seemed that exactly the same options were available so I wasn't too hopeful. I don't know maybe I did something wrong in the configuration of N-Rage 2.4, or maybe they broke something in the new update. If it's the latter and others have the same issue I hope they find this thread. :)

theboy181
14th September 2016, 12:48 AM
https://github.com/KrossX/Pokopom

Frank74
14th September 2016, 07:20 PM
Awesome, thanks Frank that worked a treat! Even though it seemed that exactly the same options were available so I wasn't too hopeful. I don't know maybe I did something wrong in the configuration of N-Rage 2.4, or maybe they broke something in the new update. If it's the latter and others have the same issue I hope they find this thread. :)

Project64's N-Rage was forked from 2.3c. No new bugs are in PJ64's N-Rage, some were fixed. But 2.3c (PJ64 N-Rage) has other bugs like this one.