PDA

View Full Version : USB Converter for N64. need help!

n8dawg412
31st January 2009, 08:51 PM
Ok so I just bought a USB Converter for my Laptop which runs XP and the converter is by a company named Sumoto. My problem is that when I plugged the usb converter to my PC it recognized that I had it plugged in and said that it was ready to use. However in the instruction guide that came with the hardware (which was on a CD) it reads that I need to plug it up to my computer and when it asks if I want to install the driver myself I should click yes and then the CD that comes with the software has the drivers loaded on the disk.

My question is how can I install the driver that comes on the mini disk and I am using project64 as my emulator. When I go to the options menu and click configure controller plugin I try and set up the buttons but every time I click on the boxes to try and change the input it says "sorry the input selection made is already in use"

Please Help!

UPDATE!!
Looks like everything is installed right but when I go to set up the buttons on the controller... it keeps automatically setting my controls for me when using the N-Rage Direct-Input8 V2 1.80a controller plugin. I click on the configure controller plugin and then when trying to click the box to input a button it automatically selects and option for me... like GamePad: Y-Axis -, GamePad: Z-Axis -... ect.

Another thing to add is that when I try go under control panel, then game controllers I see my controller that is plugged in "4 axis 16 button joystick". When I click properties and it brings up the test the X Axis/ Y Axis box has the crosshair's moving around rapidly and not centered in the middle like it should be... even after calibration it still does this.

POSsumoto
10th April 2009, 11:07 AM
^ I'm having the same problems.

Anyone find a solution?

magmarock64
16th April 2009, 09:39 AM
I've never herd of Sumoto but I bought a PSX + N64 converter for $20 new from EBAY, and I never had to use the disc that came with it, they were so good I bought more. Anyway my suggestions are, that you could try a different controller plugin or converter or even a different controller. It's well worth getting more then one converter especially for multiplayer. I hope these suggestions help you. Well that's all I can do for now

chrisieallen
22nd May 2009, 04:45 PM
Which converter is working for you?

cool2289
22nd May 2009, 09:24 PM
I agree with magmarock64, The usb adapters found on ebay seem to work fine especially the"N64/Playstation 2 PS2 USB Cable PC Adapter" All of the drivers come pre-installed with windows xp and should work when plugged in. As far as the Issue you are having with your current adapter, it could be a driver issue. Try unplugging the adapter restarting your computer and plugging it back in after windows loads, if you are still having trouble when you run the configuration, under control panel, I would check the manufacturer's site (if they have one) for the latest driver. hope this helps.