PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a video plugin...

TheSchaf
1st February 2009, 06:07 PM
... that supports screen flipping (like left to right)... NOT rotation...

I have a arcade machine which has a mirror between the screen and the user, the screen is mounted so that you need to flip the screen left to right to get a right picture.

Any ideas how i could do that with pj64? I thought there might be a video plugin with support for screen flipping...

HatCat
1st February 2009, 07:14 PM
No since this would require coordinate inversification or maybe rasterization to frame buffer and then bitmap flipping would cut it...but the N64 hardware never used this? So it's not "emulated".

There is software to rotate light on monitor screens, so you could play it like that in fullscreen mode. Or just leave it in windowed mode rotated along with everything else outside both the emulated screen and Project64's interface.

squall_leonhart
4th February 2009, 08:29 PM
Certain video drivers are available that do this.

TheSchaf
11th February 2009, 06:27 AM
Certain video drivers are available that do this.

I wonder how. I use a Nvidia Geforce 440 mx and all I can find is Nvidia Keystone but it only works for windowed Applications. I wasn't able to check if it works for DD or D3D accelerated applications at all, maybt it just works for GDI(+). So I guess I have to try windowed mode and if it doesn't work no 64 on my arcade cabinet :(