PDA

View Full Version : how to get real fullscreen?

Naddel81
7th December 2014, 05:54 PM
Hi @ all,

even if I set 1080p (which is my native resolution) I get this:

http:// abload.de/img/dk64fullscreenooujb.png (remove empty space )

how to get real fullscreen without the borders?

thanks in advance! great emu!

V1del
7th December 2014, 06:12 PM
Set aspect-ratio to stretch (or force 16:9 but that doesn't work some times) you may have to disable "hide advanced settings" in PJ64 options if you are using the included "Glide64 for PJ64" in order to see the tab in which you can set the aspect ratio

Naddel81
7th December 2014, 06:22 PM
thanks! already tried that. but it didn't make difference.
guess I have to live with it.

but do you know what this here is? this icon is annoying:

attachment!

V1del
7th December 2014, 06:43 PM
Yeah there are cases where it doesn't work, depends on how the game reports its dimensions I guess. Never seen that icon though, maybe you have some software installed that creates some kind of overlay over opengl/directx windows?

Naddel81
7th December 2014, 06:44 PM
Yeah there are cases where it doesn't work, haven't pinpointed to what exactly yet. Never seen that icon though, maybe you have some software installed that creates some kind of overlay over opengl/directx windows?

yes, it was mumble! strange!

thank you for helping me.

V1del
7th December 2014, 06:50 PM
ah yeah that makes sense, mumble provides that functionality so you can see who's speaking and stuff wthout having the window open

dsx_
8th December 2014, 07:13 AM
i think youre seeing the overscan border, i don't think there is a way to get rid of it

LegoManIAm94
21st September 2015, 07:05 PM
Hi @ all,

even if I set 1080p (which is my native resolution) I get this:

http:// abload.de/img/dk64fullscreenooujb.png (remove empty space )

how to get real fullscreen without the borders?

thanks in advance! great emu!

Do you mean that thin strip of black along the border of the screen. I get that too and I don't think theres a way to fix that. Some games have it works like DK 64 I find

Marcelo_20xx
24th September 2015, 06:07 AM
There is a way, I already did it for many games, you force the final output with custom x and y offsets so it eliminates the black bars on any game. I know how to do this for the Glide64Final plugin since it is opensource in case you want...

retroben
24th September 2015, 08:07 PM
If you go through the procedure to get Jabo 1.6.1 and go to the "Rom Settings" tab,you can set the resolution to oddly 320x220 to make it fill the window completely,but the sun lighting corona is boxed weirdly.