PDA

View Full Version : Blog Categories

zilmar
24th February 2007, 10:53 PM
I am in the process of upgrading the pj64.net site, not just with a new look but upgrading the underlying infrastructure. One of the main reasons of upgrading is to make it easier to blog what is going on, to have a better dialog of what we are doing/planning/trying to achieve. So at the moment I am looking at the categories the blogs posts would fall in to.
Here is a rough idea of what I am thinking, what does everyone else think?

Development
Graphics emulation
CPU emulation
Features
Games
Site
Miscellaneous pj64 information
Non pj64 related

Anonymous
25th February 2007, 02:33 AM
Project64 need
-Turbo buttons
-Configure buttons for game, or all games
-Configure same button for same key
-Suport for vibration joystiks
-Transfer pokemon, to gameboy emu, to project64 pokemon stadium

Jabo
25th February 2007, 05:30 AM
I don't think we were asking for what we needed here at least.

Anyway I think this sounds like a fantastic idea, giving PJ a more blog feel to it would make it look less emu-ey

HatCat
25th February 2007, 08:23 AM
The list you suggested kinda seems rather unbalanced. For example, there is one category on graphics emulation, but none on sound and input. Now, obviously, a blog on sound and input emulation would not have a lot of news in it, especially compared to graphics, but that's why I think the categories should not be divided into individual plugin performance and emulation. Also, 'features', regarding news of added features, would kind of fall under development in a way.

I think it would be hard to have a proper organization of all considered categories. Who knows; you might end up adding categories later on, but I think just having a single page containing all news topics as it is now is simple enough. You probably could manage a good organization of categories, but I don't see the point in it. Yes, it organizes the news posts, but it doesn't really make things easier or harder overall for the viewer. Although, actually, if you're doing to starting making a lot of updates soon, at least weekly, maybe even daily, then organization of the updates into categories would be useful.

I'll still try to come up with a list, either way. Perhaps, five topics, all regarding the five areas of development of Project64? If you just put Development down, then there isn't much left to organize that doesn't fall under that, so...

Compatibility
Stability
Features
Speed
Website

These five terms could have the world 'development' after them for clarification.

yes, some people prefer to look into plugin developement over core development news and vice versa, but all of these people are sure to have one interest in common when viewing the site news: The development of Project64, being the purpose of this whole website, being why I chose five development sections instead of various categories tht are unequal in worth and contrast each other.

Anonymous
26th February 2007, 06:42 AM
No offense, but I don't see the need of making categories for sorting the articles.
There aren't that much posts anyway.

zilmar
26th February 2007, 07:57 AM
Your right, with how much content there is at the moment it is not worth it. One of the main reasons of the site redesign is that we can create a lot more content to help tell people what we are doing.

Anonymous
27th February 2007, 06:30 PM
I'm think ing of a cheat blog. might not be a good idea, but if u discover any cheats for any game, u could put it in

Anonymous
28th February 2007, 01:51 AM
Hey i downloaded the emulator for super mario 64.. and the get the flying wing cap thing you need to be able to change mario's camera view with a "c" button... but there's no configuration for the "c" button.. so like.... how do i get the cap???

HatCat
28th February 2007, 10:58 AM
By stomping on the switch. :P

You honestly don't ever need to use the C-buttons at any point in the game, though they do help in a number of situations. I have my own preferences, but if you really want the C-buttons to function so badly, configure them in your input plugin.

Project64 > Options menu > Configure Controller Plugin...

Still, you don't need it. Now if you're going to ask more questions, may I suggest replying with something on-topic to this 'thread' at the same time?

Anonymous
3rd March 2007, 03:43 PM
i cant open arom becuse of the graphic plug in. How do i fix it?

Anonymous
5th March 2007, 10:43 AM
hey i downloaded Project64 v1.6 and some games but when i open it it says attempt to open file failed what sould i do

Anonymous
10th March 2007, 04:03 PM
Project64 need
-VIBRATION FORCEBACK
-Turbo buttons
-Configure buttons for game, or all games
-Configure same button for same key
-Suport for vibration joystiks
-Transfer pokemon, to gameboy emulator, to project64 pokemon stadium N64

Anonymous
11th March 2007, 04:51 AM
-Mouse support in game!!! ;D

Anonymous
16th March 2007, 01:32 AM
yea if you added online play it would be great playing my buddies on mario kart 64, goldeneye, diddy kong racing and all those other classics. Mouse would be great for games like goldeneye for people used to playing first person shooters on the computer. Also when online should be able to have pj64 online lobby to organize games and be able to talk to your friends your playing with via text, but good luck with pj64 1.7.

Anonymous
16th March 2007, 01:33 AM
I would be even happy to pay at $10 bucks a month for that online service.

Anonymous
18th March 2007, 06:27 PM
er sorry just stumbled across this when searching.can somone tell me if there is a plug in for the project64 emu witch allows u to use ur mouse?example paning around using the mouse rather then keys.it is pritty hard to play perfect dark and games were u need to look around.

Anonymous
24th March 2007, 07:45 PM
How the fuck do you put the fucken graphics!!!!!! >:(

zilmar
24th March 2007, 07:50 PM
I have no idea what you talking about, please post more info to the forum

Anonymous
25th March 2007, 06:50 AM
I need more info on how to put in the games

Anonymous
15th June 2007, 11:53 AM
march rom hustlers ur friend theyt have a good amounti must warn u dont dwonload puyo puyo 4 puyo puyo party

Anonymous
6th September 2007, 03:04 PM
I want download a game i dont dont know how!!!!!!!! Please help me!!!!!

Anonymous
13th September 2007, 10:27 PM
When i try to play a game, 'Error: Attempt to open file failed' comes up
What do i do and how do i fix it!!!!??????? :'(

Anonymous
30th July 2008, 11:18 AM
damn. i get the same error message

Anonymous
30th July 2008, 11:21 AM
oh holy crap, i figured out to get rid of that gay error. re-choose the rom directory and refresh rom list. damn. it was simple :D