PDA

View Full Version : Cheat Codes automatically turn off

cheaterdragon1
2nd March 2015, 09:26 PM
Hi, I'm having a small problem with cheating in Project 64 Version 2.1 and haven't found a solution anywhere.

http://s20.postimg.org/cs7qf6bj1/pj64.png

I add whatever cheat codes I want, I checkmark the ones I want to be turned on, then when I click the X in the corner the cheat codes don't work. I open up the cheats Menu to see what happened and they all are turned off. No matter what I do I can't get the codes to stay on because as soon as I close the menu they are all off again. There isn't an "Apply" button or something like that to click first so I assume you just click the X but that doesn't do anything. What am I doing wrong?

HatCat
2nd March 2015, 10:43 PM
You enable checkbox for the cheat, close cheat window, re-open cheat window, it's still un-checked...

I think it sounds like a file permissions issue. Maybe it's locked by another process or maybe you should try running the exe with Administrator credentials. Or maybe it's just a single case of bad luck and re-launching Project64 will no longer have the issue.

cheaterdragon1
3rd March 2015, 01:30 AM
Yeah that's exactly what's happening.

I did try your suggestions of running as Administrator, as well as just closing and trying again in hopes of it being a fluke, but no luck there.

I just noticed I also can't change the Expansion Pak. I change it from 4 MB to 8 MB, click apply, then click ok, nothing changes, I open up settings again and the change has gone back to default.

Any ideas at all?

zilmar
3rd March 2015, 02:04 AM
try deleting the project64 config file

Dax
29th September 2017, 07:35 AM
Yeah that's exactly what's happening.

I did try your suggestions of running as Administrator, as well as just closing and trying again in hopes of it being a fluke, but no luck there.

I just noticed I also can't change the Expansion Pak. I change it from 4 MB to 8 MB, click apply, then click ok, nothing changes, I open up settings again and the change has gone back to default.

Any ideas at all?
Did you ever solve the problem? Im having the same issue. Please help

retroben
29th September 2017, 07:35 PM
PJ64 allegedly enables write access to its main folder and all of its contained folders.

Aside from that,its better to create a new folder in C:/ as a place to store stuff like emulators so you can always have unrestricted access to it.

PJ64 has a bad habit of leaving a ghost process that breaks write access,and its a trifle to dealt with by requiring the user to enter Task Manager and end its process/es in order to eliminate the ghosting so write access can return.