PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario 64

samscud
10th February 2009, 02:13 PM
Noticed a quirk in SM64:

In Course 7: Lethal Lava Land, the "conveyor belts" aren't working. Mario can stand motionless on top of them.

Could this be a bad dump I have, or is it a known issue?

Thanks

HatCat
10th February 2009, 11:25 PM
Can you give a screenshot so I can understand "conveyer belt"?

Mdkcheatz
11th February 2009, 09:06 AM
Unfortunately I don't believe there are conveyor belts (conˇveyˇor also onˇveyˇer (kn-vr) n. One that conveys, especially a mechanical apparatus that transports materials, packages, or items being assembled from one place to another.) in the level Lethal Lava Land. Perhaps you were referring to another level? Or were you mistaking the arrowed ramps to be conveyor belts?:rolleyes:

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp358/Mdkcheatz/stillramp.png

CA5
11th February 2009, 10:41 PM
You don't mean that Bowser puzzle for the eight red coins do you?

Just a thought.

HatCat
11th February 2009, 11:18 PM
The only platforms that should move in course 7 are the cage surfaces for lava crossing, tilting land points, the volcano's circumscription, the red coins challenge switches, and the two elevators inside the volcano. Apparently this report is a mistake.

samscud
14th February 2009, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Mdkcheatz understood correctly... These aren't called anything in the manuals, so I just called them "conveyor belts". On the original game, standing still on them will make Mario slide in the direction of the arrow.

This is'nt working in Project64 with the dump I have. There is no effect on Mario whatsoever, making the game easier to play than the actual console.

fridgey
15th February 2009, 02:15 AM
Yeah, they don't move on the actual console either :/

samscud
15th February 2009, 02:53 AM
They don't move, but they push Mario in the direction of the arrows. (At least here in Brazil - Our hardware is NTSC compatible). That's the difference between the grey "rock" ramps and the arrowed ramps.

I'll try and record some video from the actual console, but I don't think I'll have it ready before Tuesday.

samscud
19th February 2009, 03:02 PM
I set up my 64, but I couldn't find my original brazilian cart, so I bought another one (a US cart)... It was working exactly like the emulator, and not pushing Mario... I could have sworn it worked as I mentioned...

It's possible the cart released here in Brazil was a different version (maybe the rumble pack version), so I tracked down a Brazilian cart and I'll test it again as soon as it arrives (two weeks tops), but for the time being, I guess I was mistaken. I apologize to everyone.