PDA

View Full Version : Glide64 black screen please help!

LolSheeps
5th April 2015, 12:56 AM
Everytime I switch to Glide64 plugin included with Project64 2.2 it turns the screen black although the game is running (I can hear the sounds and stuff). I was trying to fix Kirby 64's missing graphics issue and any game I switch to Glide64 turns the screen black.

Ambient_Malice
5th April 2015, 01:45 AM
Everytime I switch to Glide64 plugin included with Project64 2.2 it turns the screen black although the game is running (I can hear the sounds and stuff). I was trying to fix Kirby 64's missing graphics issue and any game I switch to Glide64 turns the screen black.

What are your system specs?

LolSheeps
5th April 2015, 03:44 AM
Honestly I don't know haha. It's a laptop but I would assume the gfx card isn't all that great. Every game runs at 60 fps though it's just this plug in turns the screen black. I've played multiplayer on several games. But if that plug in is that Dependant on my gfx card then crap.

RPGMaster
5th April 2015, 05:36 AM
Does it work for the 1st game you boot up? If so, then you probably have intel gfx. Glide64 is not the most stable plugin so it has issues on certain hardware.

LolSheeps
5th April 2015, 01:25 PM
It does not and yes I believe it is some kind of crappy Intel gfx dedicated doodoo. So am I out of luck? My favorite games all have gfx issues fixable with glide supposedly so this kind of bums me out.

RPGMaster
5th April 2015, 07:05 PM
It does not and yes I believe it is some kind of crappy Intel gfx dedicated doodoo. So am I out of luck? My favorite games all have gfx issues fixable with glide supposedly so this kind of bums me out.What games are you trying to play? You should be able to at least load the first game you run after starting PJ64. For me, I get a black screen when I switch games but the first game runs fine. Just sucks that I'd have to close PJ64 and re-run it anytime I want to switch games.

Imo, Glide64 should only be used for games that really need it. In quite a few games, there's hardly much of a difference between GLide and certain other plugins, so for those games, Glide isn't needed. Other games practically need it though.

Lol i just realized you're in 1.6's section. Can you try Glide on a different emulator? Project64 2.x handles Open GL initialization better.

LolSheeps
5th April 2015, 07:34 PM
I have pj64 2.2 is there like a section I should be posting in??

I'm trying to play Kirby 64 and Jet Force Gemini essentially they both have missing graphics. In Kirby the enemies are half there and in JFG the characters and most gfx for that matter aren't there so.

When I switch to glide it immediately goes black until I switch back.

RPGMaster
5th April 2015, 07:52 PM
I have pj64 2.2 is there like a section I should be posting in??

I'm trying to play Kirby 64 and Jet Force Gemini essentially they both have missing graphics. In Kirby the enemies are half there and in JFG the characters and most gfx for that matter aren't there so.

When I switch to glide it immediately goes black until I switch back.Just post in 2.x issues from now on, but it's fine to dicuss this particular issue here.

Can you post a screenshot or two? Sounds like your issues are worse than mine. Iirc, the road was missing in Kirby, I don't remember any problems with enemies. What video plugin are you using that has the gfx issues?? Also what version of Glide64 has a black screen?

Frank74
5th April 2015, 09:27 PM
I had this problem before with PJ64 Glide, until I rolled back my drivers (onboard ATI). The official final version worked fine though. You might want to try that.

https://code.google.com/p/glidehqplusglitch64/downloads/detail?name=Glide64_Final.zip

Make sure to put the glide3x.dll in the emulator root folder, the other dlls in the plugin folder.

V1del
7th April 2015, 03:06 PM
There's a slim chance that there are updated drivers for your graphics card. You can go check if there are updated video drivers on your manufacturer's website or go to the intel driver website and hope that the driver provided there is installable on your laptop (they are sometimes incompatible)

Aelvir
22nd April 2015, 11:48 PM
What do the other video plugins do for it?