PDA

View Full Version : Cheats Help Section

Gent
25th February 2007, 07:16 PM
I had to redo the cheat section because of cheats.pj64.net being wiped and that being the only source for the site i had, so it was re-done again for 1.6 Version .
I am also thinking of making a start on a 1.7 members only version maybe?
I would like to know members thoughts on if they would want it as old format (pics and text) or an interactive tutorial?
Please Add Comment to let me know your opinions.

Anonymous
27th February 2007, 02:41 AM
how i like to cheat games and so on but anyway how can i get in codes to the emulator?? you can send message at k0rvn1sse@hotmail.com ok cya :-*

Anonymous
27th February 2007, 05:47 AM
please do NOT a make a members-only version.

Anonymous
27th February 2007, 05:16 PM
Although I would like to donate to you guys, my parents won't let me... :(

HatCat
27th February 2007, 05:52 PM
Even if you do make a Members Only version of the Project64.cht file, it can easily be leaked by a site member to someone where trust in intentions is misplaced. And yet, I understand the concept, that those who paid to show their respect instead of just joining the large crowd and throwing annual comments to the Project64 team per release, deserve more of the cheats work. Still, there are those who cannot donate, like the above user. I don't think it's fair.

I think the current progress of the Project64 emulator is enough of a token of appreciation for donations. I don't think the attraction of donators should be based on the goodies you get, after all, so I don't think cheats should be added to this.

Gent
27th February 2007, 09:49 PM
You have all seemed to have got the wrong idea here :)

This is to do with Cheats PJ64 Website (http://cheats.pj64.net/) which was wiped recently of all content and i have had to do it all over again for 1.6.

The 1.7 version i refer to is a Guide like that on the site and in the users manual but specifically for the 1.7 version including all the newer features of it etc :)

And as for the Cheat file, there is one specific for 1.7 only that can not be used on any other emulator as the default codes are in Xplorer64 64 format and any codes added by the user will be in AR/GS standard format, So i seriously have no worries about any leekage :)

Anonymous
28th February 2007, 11:04 AM
hey can someone said me how to install this emulator

HatCat
28th February 2007, 11:22 AM
Unpredictable, their intentions....

That said, if I'm getting this correctly, I don't see a reason why not to. A guide like this seems, in fact, quite necessary.

Anonymous
1st March 2007, 06:12 PM
it be cool to send money to project64 then any one can do it!

cos not alot of ppl cant ues pay pal like me and more ppl cant :(

Anonymous
2nd March 2007, 08:38 AM
Even if you do make a Members Only version of the Project64.cht file, it can easily be leaked by a site member to someone where trust in intentions is misplaced.

That's LAME cheating!!!

Anonymous
3rd March 2007, 07:44 AM
:)My favorite game in Nintendo64_The Paper Mario###Buy Emulator.Bye friends!!!

Anonymous
3rd March 2007, 08:52 AM
asasasasa :)

Anonymous
25th March 2007, 04:29 AM
i dont know that my rom is coming

Anonymous
25th March 2007, 09:58 PM
All this time you have been giving out the Emulator for free, and seem to be getting enough money. Please how can people try the emulator if they have to pay? So keep it free and if people like it they will donate.

Anonymous
24th July 2007, 04:33 PM
The above is for cheat help, not the emulator itself the donation is for the beta version - not for the current release but the beta (which is still in development and the people that have 1.7 are effectivly only testers the beta does not reflect the full quality of the final project , its like a demo of a game for example the flaws and glitches in the demo wont exist in the final release)

Anonymous
4th December 2007, 08:23 AM
where can I get codes :)

Anonymous
4th December 2007, 08:24 AM
heyyyyyyyyyyy

Anonymous
6th January 2008, 10:55 AM
is there anyone i can email for profeccional cheat help? i really need it... :'(

Anonymous
12th January 2008, 01:28 AM
hey there , i get all my cheats from Supercheats .com :)

Anonymous
16th January 2008, 10:49 AM
How do you download the cheat database

Anonymous
18th March 2008, 08:50 AM
written by A, January 16, 2008

How do you download the cheat database
I would like to know it, too! I can't add my Cheats!

Anonymous
19th April 2008, 12:00 AM
>:( the cheats dont work. i tried mario 64 and activated all the cheats i had, but nothing happened. ):

Anonymous
17th June 2008, 06:44 AM
I have alot of cheats to SM64 :
1.disco world code 8133B424 4444

Mdkcheatz
14th November 2008, 09:14 AM
umm anyone who says cheats are LAME must be foolishly retarded. Cheat codes are highly mis-represented of cheat only codes, just because more often than not the codes are made with intentions of cheating. But for those who actually understand the basic principle, like me (and apparently Iconoclast), we use the codes to make the games harder or just to f*** around with the palette swap, clipping, character mods, prim mods, etc. Where some level of excitement is actually sparked out of no-where. I'm not trying to bust any "anonymous" balls here, but that's how I see it.

Umm Gent, are you saying that the beta cht file is defaulted as Xploder64 cheats?? if so that's amazing news!!! I mean, I understand how those codes work even more than AR and GS.... (that's what living in England four years does to your purchases)

Gent
14th November 2008, 04:39 PM
Umm Gent, are you saying that the beta cht file is defaulted as Xploder64 cheats?? if so that's amazing news!!! I mean, I understand how those codes work even more than AR and GS.... (that's what living in England four years does to your purchases)

Thats correct, a few slight variations here and there, but never the less it is still in principle XP64 format and should work accordanly

Mdkcheatz
14th November 2008, 04:43 PM
I actually found manipulating xplorer codes to be slightly easier than AR or GC. Same principle, perhaps, but the coding always (occasionally) worked in my favor. I had so much fun with it until one day for S*** and giggles i decided to make this over the top 100-in-1 cheat which then in turn blew out my xplorer 64 never to breathe again:confused:

Gent
14th November 2008, 04:47 PM
lmao, i can not tell you how many times i have killed my XP64, AR Pro and Equalizer's in the name of PJ over the years haha, you are bringing back some gem memories my friend!

I am just reading your other post over at the old forum, i will reply to it soon

Mdkcheatz
14th November 2008, 04:53 PM
lmao, i can not tell you how many times i have killed my XP64, AR Pro and Equalizer's in the name of PJ over the years haha, you are bringing back some gem memories my friend!

I am just reading your other post over at the old forum, i will replay to it soon

Gent those were the days!! i happen to have forgotten the long sleepless nights when I first caught on to the patterns in the code. I remember one time i turned the truck in the beggining into this giant polygon loaded with colors and when you walk into it you'd suddenly get launch straight up and no matter how igh you when the enemies alway still shot at you and hit, haha... I miss those days very much...

Dex Luther
28th November 2008, 02:09 PM
I'm playing through Majoras Mask, but I've run into a snag. There's an area that I just can't get to (Hookshot + keyboard = not a good combo). I would have liked to use the levitation code to get past this part, but when I activate it or any other of the built in codes nothing happens.

HatCat
28th November 2008, 06:01 PM
None of the cheats work? Make a save state first so you can restore before the risks of turning this on, but try the equipment upgrades cheat. Most of the cheats work after a point or are hard to notice or are modifiers. In the case of levitation you have to press L--which isn't necessarily the 'L' button on your keyboard.

In general I've played through the game at least three full times without cheats as usual--once in emulation. Where do you see the need to levitate?

Dex Luther
28th November 2008, 11:36 PM
None of the cheats work? Make a save state first so you can restore before the risks of turning this on, but try the equipment upgrades cheat. Most of the cheats work after a point or are hard to notice or are modifiers. In the case of levitation you have to press L--which isn't necessarily the 'L' button on your keyboard.

In general I've played through the game at least three full times without cheats as usual--once in emulation. Where do you see the need to levitate?

The cheats for bottles ended up working. Does the cheat mean "L" as in the button on my would-be controller?

The area I need to levitate is in Great Bay Temple. There's a room where you have to skip across the water using ice arrows to turn a green switch. Above that room there's a chest with a fairy in it. I have to use an ice arrow in a corner and then hookshot up. However, I either fall straight back down or the hookshot hits an invisible edge on the flooring. There's a specific spot I have to do it at I guess, but I can't get to it because I'm using a keyboard.

HatCat
28th November 2008, 11:54 PM
Options Configure Controller Plugin will show mapped keys and what on your keyboard emulates the L button on your would-be controller.

I remember exactly what you mean. In fact I now remember considering using the levitation cheat, but I wanted a pure save file. I did it on my N64, so I knew I could do it again. And I did; it just took desperate positioning of Link. The greatest difficulty lies in that you are using a keyboard, and moving the hookshot even slightly moves it like an inch worth of monitor light whereas the N64 control stick is more detailed. I guess you're better off using levitation, but keep in mind I was able to do it with enough fret.