PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion/wish - save VRAM/RAM or display lists

sourcerer
14th February 2009, 06:18 PM
Hi,
I would love to see a version of the gfx plugin I guess) where you could write out VRAM or display lists - either the N64 ones or the D3D ones. Format doesn't matter, I'd work from there to write a model viewer, and of course I'd make it public.

Or do save games contain the VRAM state perhaps? In that case, is it possible to get a description of the format? Or is it a plain memory dump...in that case I could work from the N64 specs. If not, would it be possible to just dump out the full memory contents?

Ah....questions.

:o)

HatCat
14th February 2009, 08:27 PM
If you want to dump memory use N64GFX or the CFB plug-in.
If you want to dump from texture memory Jabo's plugin can now do this in the beta version. Options Configure Graphics Plugin to reach a setup page for dumping textures to files. This will dump bitmaps that either are or are not wrapped around solid faces.

If you want to export models the geometry with the textures wrapped around them this has for the fair part been considered risky and threatening to the game graphics designers and potential infringement laws, but for now a couple plug-ins I know do this.

sourcerer
15th February 2009, 04:17 AM
Ah thanks, it was indeed to fetch model/level data, and I kinda figured that was the issue (copyright) as it would have been in long time ago (surely the developers kinda needed such functionality).

Ah well, other venues to explore :)