PDA

View Full Version : Vista Audio Problems

Kold
15th February 2009, 04:24 AM
Recently i built a new computer and installed vista ultimate 32. Now i'm having trouble with audio on ALL of my games in project64. The audio works, but has pops and clicks. I've tried every plugin i can find,and all of them do it.
I've had similar problems with programs i've written that use directsound on windows vista. I wrote my own Xaudio2 plugin,but i dont know enough about the AI to fix it completely. I did get mario64 to work without any pops, zelda oot was a lot better,but still not perfect. I think i wasnt getting timing close enough to suit the game.
My question (to anyone), is there a Xaudio2 plugin for project64 that i just overlooked somewhere? And if not, would it be possible for you to port youre plugin to Xaudio2 Jabo? I'm sorry if this wasnt the place to ask that question.
So everyone knows, my computer:
intel dx38bt2
core2 quad 9550 2.83ghz
4gb ddr3 1333
diamond radeon 4850
soundblaster xfi (with the latest drivers)

To make sure, i took the soundblaster out,and went with my onboard audio,exact same problems. Before i installed vista on this computer,i tested it with windows xp pro, everything worked perfectly.

squall_leonhart
17th February 2009, 02:15 PM
use Zilmar Audio plugin

froggyman
17th February 2009, 11:14 PM
i think your first problem was just putting Vista on it by choice( i have it on my computer, unfortunatly), you should have put Xp on cuz thats way better!

Truth Unknown
20th February 2009, 05:17 AM
i think your first problem was just putting Vista on it by choice( i have it on my computer, unfortunatly), you should have put Xp on cuz thats way better!

Geee, what a helpful post.

Anyway, I see you have a X-FI card Kold, you could try using ALchemy with Project64. I do this myself with with my Audigy 4, but adjusting Duration to eliminate skips is kinda a pain until you find the right amount.