PDA

View Full Version : Paper Mario: Mario freezing

AmazeeDayzee
15th June 2015, 08:08 AM
Just wanted to know if this happened to anybody else with any other game or if it is just me.

I was in Jade Jungle and after I finished battling an enemy the game froze up. The music was playing and Sushie and other enemies were moving but I couldn't control Mario. The controls were completely unresponsive. When I reset it, at the title screen I could move again and start playing over again but I'm worried that the game might freeze Mario again. Everything but Mario could move. My controller wasn't responding at that save state.

Is this a problem for anybody else and can it happen with the latest PJ64 (which I am gonna use?)

AmazeeDayzee
15th June 2015, 06:12 PM
If it helps, I was using Windows 8.1 but I can't really find anymore information. The game aside from some flickering and flashing was fine up until that point. Mario froze but the game kept playing. Enemies moved and the music played but Mario couldn't move. Has this happened to anybody else or has it been known to happen in PM when using Project64 1.6?

ExtremeDude2
15th June 2015, 09:54 PM
y u no 2.2?

Frank74
15th June 2015, 10:39 PM
y u no 2.2?

He is using latest 2.2 built by me.

Problem is either with Azimers's dynamic audio sync (FAT=0), or (F5) save states.

In my build I enabled FAT=0 for all games that use default AI and VI values (1500 and 400).

Its probably F5 save states causing the bug though. Known problems with save states in 2.x versions. Most pertinent bugs are caused by F5 save states it seems.

AmazeeDayzee
16th June 2015, 12:36 AM
I'm using 2.2 now but in the past I was using 1.6 and I never bothered to update because I kept on putting it off. I'm a big procrastinator but I have it now. I hope that this one doesn't freeze though.

AmazeeDayzee
16th June 2015, 09:15 AM
Though I still am curious, did anybody else have any problems with a game, ANY game freezing with the music and the enemies still moving around but the controls completely unresponsive?

BTW, 2.2 doesn't let me have one save file. It still saves across all 4.

DaMan69
16th June 2015, 09:55 AM
Other than the saveproblem and some GLiden64 gfx bugs games been 100% stable for me.