PDA

View Full Version : majora's mask not opening

john 44
17th February 2009, 06:42 PM
it says emulition started but nothing happens it used to work in v1.6 but not in v1.7

HatCat
17th February 2009, 11:10 PM
To give the most basic information about your setup can you take a screenshot of Project64 after emulation of this game starts?

john 44
18th February 2009, 03:46 AM
here it is thats all it happens

HatCat
18th February 2009, 03:50 AM
Press F4 to disable the speed limiter. Watch the FPS counter if it is extremist or consistent.

Also take a screenshot of the dialoge summoned as follows:
Before emulation starts in Project64 right-click this game in the browser interface, and choose "Edit Game Settings...".

Isaiah7300
22nd April 2009, 09:53 PM
Ive had this same problem... ive tried to do what you said, get a couple diffrent roms from differemt sourses, and still it just dosent start...

Like it seems like it tries, but after about 5 secs, it just goes to a constant framerate (between 59.8ish, and 60) and nothing happens

Thanks for any help you can give me...#8^D

I dont have v1.7, but i do have this issue on v1.6.
Sorry i didnt realize this was the v1.7 issues...section (i just did a search for this subject, and diddnt read it all the way thorough.)

HatCat
24th April 2009, 12:33 AM
Hit F4 before checking if the speed changes. (Otherwise if speed limiting is still on of course you will see about 60 or less.)

This is just to trace if the game had an early crash or not.

Isaiah7300
25th April 2009, 12:46 AM
:D I figured it out... I had tried it on a different computer, and tried some diffrent things, and figured out that it works when the advanced settings were hidden...:eek: ... Thanks for your help.

So, as long as the advanced settings are "hidden" (options>settings{Ctl+t}>Options) it seems to load up and start just fine (i havnt checked any actual gameplay yet) Do you have any idea why this happens?:confused:

HatCat
25th April 2009, 03:07 AM
heh No
There is no documentation claiming this setting to also modify advanced settings yet while hiding them.

Will you disable this option to hide the advanced settings one more time to check again if this happens just to make more sure? As you could expect there's not much else I can really say.

Isaiah7300
26th April 2009, 01:34 AM
Okay, yes when the advanced settings hidden, it works... when they're "shown" it doesnt work, nothing happens (no sound, no video, just black...).

Just for fun, i tried starting the game with the advanced settings hidden, then showing them, and it still seems to run fine!

I guess the final "virdict" for lack of a better word, is that the game will not START if the advanced settings are shown, but if you "show" them while the game is running, it SEEMS to work fine...

Again, im going to say this was on v1.6, because when i origionally searched for a post with the same problem i had, i didnt realize it was on a v1.7 forum :o...

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP (if you actually gave me any...:confused:)... but anyways, THANKS :D

squall_leonhart
12th May 2009, 08:28 AM
updating the rdb should fix it