PDA

View Full Version : WWF No Mercy crashing

norris2k2
19th February 2009, 04:07 PM
I've recently installed the Project 64 emulator (v1.6), and I'm trying to run the above menioned game. Everything running nice and smoothly up until the point I do a move with a KO property. This somehow causes the game to crash, and I need to re-start the rom.

Currently using a laptop (the emulator is installed on the home PC), so I'll get a screnshoot for you later on today.

Not sure if this error has been reported before (tried searching the whole forum for another thread similar to this), but if anyone can help, that would be great.

Edit: Just tried the rom again, and the problem doesn't seem to be presenting itself for the time being. All I remember is the error menioning something about a value at "0000000 FF".

CA5
19th February 2009, 08:06 PM
I'm pretty sure that on 1.6 this is one of the 'low compatibility' roms. It doesn't run very well full stop.

Don't quote me on that, though.

HatCat
20th February 2009, 01:31 AM
Issues are rather in graphics processing. The crash in memory may have been random or from the RSP by a small chance.

If it happens again take careful note of it, and a save state before it happens will give much info.

CA5
20th February 2009, 04:21 PM
Issues are rather in graphics processing. The crash in memory may have been random or from the RSP by a small chance.

If it happens again take careful note of it, and a save state before it happens will give much info.

Knew it was something like that xD

Solid Spartan
5th January 2010, 03:17 AM
I get the same error so I took screens from the save right before the crash and so far I have only seen it happen with moves that cause KO. Below is the error message. Oh, and the rom does is listed as full compatible, and not low. I am running XP PRO SP3 with 1.5G of ram and a GeForce 7600 GS. Please help.

Unhandled R4300i OpCode at: 800EFFFF
Unknown 49 10 23 D4

Stoping Emulation !

HatCat
5th January 2010, 03:21 AM
Alright thanks so if it's consistent, can you upload a save state with instructions on what to do to get the crash?

If you hit F5 in Project64 it makes a full save of the exact part of the game you're in. Upload the pj.zip file from $Project64\SAVE to somewhere like filesend.net or the attachments system on this forum.

Solid Spartan
6th January 2010, 12:14 PM
This save is about 3 seconds before the crash in the replay... note that the replay has no affect on it crashing or not. The move being used is Special. Kicking combination 02. I had another save that was in a better spot but I saved over it. but I will put up a better one

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=51f583a90d029205e8bcebee0ba097b6

Solid Spartan
6th January 2010, 12:28 PM
sorry for the complication

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=51f583a90d029205e8bcebee0ba097b6

Solid Spartan
6th January 2010, 12:42 PM
Okay I have got another save... the character, THQ man is about to perform a strong grapple all you have to do is use the special which is Kick combination 2 and the error will occur. most of the moves THQ has are KO so even if you dont use the special just KO Al snow and the error will occur.

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=10c70c0125b0c31fbcb7e6d7ba884a29

HatCat
6th January 2010, 07:42 PM
It would seem as though this thread was last updated by Solid Spartan, yet I don't see an answer. :P

Oh well, I guess I'd better double post to test.

Solid Spartan
6th January 2010, 10:06 PM
Sorry I am getting bad lag

HatCat
6th January 2010, 11:33 PM
Thanks, it looks like your first save state was enough to single a cause.

Try the following steps.

Choose "Settings..." from the "Options" menu in Project64, and from the "Options" tab, disable the "Hide Advanced Settings" option. Save settings.
In Project64's browser where the games are listed, right-click the entry for WWF No Mercy, and choose "Edit Game Settings".
Just change "Self-modifying code Method" from "Change Memory & Cache" to "Check Memory Advance". Save settings.

After that let me know how stable the game is.

Solid Spartan
8th January 2010, 05:54 AM
hmm it seems I get the same error anytime I try to KO

HatCat
8th January 2010, 06:20 PM
Well what's "Self-modifying code Method" set to again?

Solid Spartan
9th January 2010, 01:18 AM
Check Memory Advance, I changed it from Check Memory & Cache and it still crashed :(

HatCat
9th January 2010, 07:40 AM
I'm not really familiar with the game, but there might be points in it I wasn't able to reach.

If setting it to "Protect Memory" doesn't help, then set "CPU core style" from "Recompiler" to "Interpreter" to see if that affects the crashing issue.

Solid Spartan
9th January 2010, 08:56 AM
so I changed the CPU core style to interpreter and Default and recompiler it still crashed... except for interpreter which dropped the game play from 60 frames to 33 frames then crashed :confused:

HatCat
9th January 2010, 10:58 PM
Crash with interpreter is a known issue.

Can you send one more save state with a crash that the "Interpreter" setting doesn't prevent?

Solid Spartan
12th January 2010, 04:31 AM
It's the same crash when it is set at interpreter, as well as the game runs at 33-40 frames which is horrendous

Unhandled R4300i OpCode at: 800EFFFF
Unknown 49 10 23 D4

Stoping Emulation !

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=VGlkWWV2cGtTSUJMWEE9PQ