PDA

View Full Version : Somehow messed up Cheats

FuturisticGamer
8th November 2015, 06:24 PM
So I somehow messed up the cheats on an SM64 rom, and now when I open it, it crashes. So I was wondering if there is a way to reset the cheats from the outside.

I've tried re-downloading the rom, reinstalling Project64, but I just can't get it to work.

ExtremeDude2
9th November 2015, 06:35 PM
Just disable them?

HatCat
9th November 2015, 06:44 PM
ROMs don't contain cheats; the CHT support file does.

Marcelo_20xx
10th November 2015, 02:28 AM
Though I remember back then when there wasn't the No-Intro crew, most roms did contains embedded cheats...

Back to your problem its best to replace your current CHT file with the one that came with the default package, thankfully since 1.6 PJ64 doesn't store the active cheats on the registry...

FuturisticGamer
11th November 2015, 12:57 PM
Deleting the CHT file did not work, the Rom still crashes on startup. Maybe I need to reset all of the settings, but I don't know how I would do that.

Marcelo_20xx
11th November 2015, 07:32 PM
What version are you using? Because if its 2.X or higher and with the defaults plugins you will reset the emulator by deleting the entire folder (excluding your roms and your saves folders though) and reinstalling, unzipping, unraring it or whatever you want to call it...

Also maybe, and just maybe you did add the cheat directly into the Project64.RDB? double check that too (But if you did the above, this file should be the default one too)...