PDA

View Full Version : Direct X 10 Final!

Mdkcheatz
20th February 2009, 09:34 AM
I just wanted to point out the significance of Direct X 10 Final for Windows XP over the 9th version. I wonder if it has had any effect on Project 64... Please download (below) and test and post the results, I am going to reformat my PC soon so I am not installing Direct X 10 Quite yet, but rest assured, I will as soon as I have done so.

http://www.p30warez.com/uploads/posts/2008-01/1200569362_directx_9_vs_10.jpg

http://resources.vr-zone.com.sg/Shamino/r600launch/15.jpg

http://www.nofrag.com/images/002d67.jpg

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/PublishingImages/aboutGFW/DirectX10_screen.jpg

Below is the download link. How about testing with Gitech001 high resolution textures!!(?)

Mdkcheatz
20th February 2009, 09:35 AM
Click this link instead!

Direct X 9 for Windows XP

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp358/Mdkcheatz/DirectX10.png (http://rapidshare.com/files/27200497/DirectX9.zip)
(Don't ask where I got this link, just be happy I'm posting it for you ;))

Let me know how this works for you:cool:

Please Notify me if they link dies. I will re-upload the installer and change the link address.

Mikonokia
20th February 2009, 10:27 AM
Good i will download it and try

Slyverious
20th February 2009, 10:31 AM
Looks good dude! thanks! x3

Mdkcheatz
20th February 2009, 12:40 PM
Apparently this has been fixing some of peoples PJ64 issues....hmmm

the_randomizer
20th February 2009, 03:57 PM
Can I trust this version of DirectX? I mean, was this meant to run on XP in the first place? Just curious; I don't want to end up reinstalling XP....If it's safe, I'm all for it.

CA5
20th February 2009, 04:09 PM
Cheers for pointing this out, lynsk. When I get my PC back, I'll be sure to install it :)

Jerad Gray
20th February 2009, 06:19 PM
Poor Open GL (though I never liked it, I still felt bad when all those people talking about how 3 was going to be so great, and then it just basically ended up being a re-release of 2, with really none of the fixes that they were originally planning for), so as usual, its Direct X for the win!

Mdkcheatz
20th February 2009, 07:41 PM
Poor Open GL (though I never liked it, I still felt bad when all those people talking about how 3 was going to be so great, and then it just basically ended up being a re-release of 2, with really none of the fixes that they were originally planning for), so as usual, its Direct X for the win!

Way to slaughter Open GL, XD. Yea I'm gonna have to agree... even though quite honestly, I'm not a big fan of Microsoft these days... Neither with Apple either, but in all defense of Apple, Microsoft will code something 10 times and only the last will be good, Apple will code something 10 times and ALL 10 will be amazing. I just wish Steven Jobs hadn't f#@!ed up the first time round so he didn't have to be a nitwit about locking the damn thing down so developers couldn't have a go at it (on the other hand, Mac runs damn smoothly and it's probably because of software/firmware is coded near perfectly for optimum function-ability and usage) :rolleyes:

Mdkcheatz
20th February 2009, 07:47 PM
Can I trust this version of DirectX? I mean, was this meant to run on XP in the first place? Just curious; I don't want to end up reinstalling XP....If it's safe, I'm all for it.

We have had one confirmed successful installment and it solved a crashing issue whereby the computer was just completely crashing, and after installing it, these ran smoothly so far as I was told... This version of Direct X is not an official release by Microsoft instead is a hack of some talented folk of the dark arts... I am pretty sure it is safe, I mean Microsoft only discontinued the development for it under Windows XP because they wanted to sell off Vista. So their discontinuation of Direct X for XP had nothing to do with compatibility...;)

HatCat
20th February 2009, 11:21 PM
DirectX 10 has been unlinked to for a long time. It will not affect Project64 because Jabo's RDP uses Direct3D to emulate and not to create.
Direct3D 8 is said to be the maximal necessity for N64 emulation in terms of attachment. Individual installations of stable versions of DirectX are usually made to help external factors.

It does not solve computer crashes. He obviously assumed memory processing got involved in to this.

There is nothing necessary about this update; DirectX 10 is generally supplied for Windows Vista--which is quite bad for emulation. Obviously Mdkcheatz has linked to something unofficial for a reason.

Mdkcheatz
21st February 2009, 02:32 AM
Your damn straight Iconoclast! and YEA, guys, gals, and Radeonuser... DO NOT attempt to instal this package without understanding and accepting the RISKS attached with this and any other hack modified software. I hold NO responsibility for any issues which may be caused by this package... Other than that, feel free to download and report the link to me if it is dead, I will upload the installer.

If have an issue with DX 10, then try and download the official copy of DX 9 from the MS web site. Install the damn thing, it will not overwrite DX 10, but rather add some essential DX 9 files to the library. If it makes you feel better to do this: I'm guessing you can remove DX 10 for the add/remove programs, but you'll still have DX 10 in the registry (NO NOT ATTEMPT TO MOD OR REMOVE IT, THAT WILL DEFFINITELY SCREW UP YOUR PC). Have a nice day. :)

squall_leonhart
23rd February 2009, 05:49 AM
Delete this thread and remove the link.
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS DX10 FOR WINDOWS XP. THERE IS A FAKE LIBRARY WHICH MAPS DX> OPENGL, HOWEVER IT IS INCOMPLETE AND UNSTABLE.

Mdkcheatz
23rd February 2009, 05:50 AM
Delete this thread and remove the link.
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS DX10 FOR WINDOWS XP.

I did some research into this Direct X 10.... I'm going to remove the link..

Mdkcheatz
23rd February 2009, 05:55 AM
Switch DOwnload link to Direct X 9 instead...

HatCat
23rd February 2009, 10:56 PM
Just get DirectX 8. Nothing in this sense of emulation calls beyond.

The only reason to get more past that is because Direct64 uses Direct3D 9 to draw graphics on-screen--which calls to general improvements or possibly efficiency. But generally these additions are for special effects out of the Nintendo 64's range. It is just burdening in effect.

Thanks to Mikonokia for his co-operation in our findings; obviously this installation was the cause for more problems for him. We had him install DirectX 9.

Mdkcheatz
24th February 2009, 11:29 AM
Just get DirectX 8. Nothing in this sense of emulation calls beyond.

The only reason to get more past that is because Direct64 uses Direct3D 9 to draw graphics on-screen--which calls to general improvements or possibly efficiency. But generally these additions are for special effects out of the Nintendo 64's range. It is just burdening in effect.

Thanks to Mikonokia for his co-operation in our findings; obviously this installation was the cause for more problems for him. We had him install DirectX 9.

I have gotten good feedback from one other user, although after doing research on this modded Direct X 10 for Windows XP, I have removed the link seeing it more as a hinder than a help as I had hoped...

Direct X 9 and 10 operate independent of each other so it is possible to install both at the same time, this should correct the issues (if any, depending on you SPECs I would imagine)... My only concern is that this version is a hack and I'm not sure of it's stability and true intentions..

I wasn't sure how installing this version of Directx was going to effect PJ64 so it's good that Iconoclast and Mikonokia were able to catch this before it spread widely to other members, I do hold my hands up sry guys (and girls?).

I am tempted to create a full system and registry restore point using Norton Ghost as soon as I can find the installer disc. And running under this Direct X 10 myself just to see if I am getting the same problems... and to report the issues I am getting...

Someone mentioned, I think it was Iconoclast, about the issue with vista and how he was kind of hinting that some of the issues may be related to the Direct X 10 which comes standard with it... Seeing as Direct X 9 aslo runs, and they run independently of each other, I'm not sure how true this is in this case, but I am interested to know how this actually works:confused:

HatCat
25th February 2009, 12:32 AM
"I have gotten good feedback from one other user,"
That was in the other thread. He came back posting that he still had the issue....

"Direct X 9 and 10 operate independent of each other so it is possible to install both at the same time, this should correct the issues (if any, depending on you SPECs I would imagine)... My only concern is that this version is a hack and I'm not sure of it's stability and true intentions.."
Naw you think so? Maybe you're onto something. That's why I had Mikonokia re-install.

"Someone mentioned, I think it was Iconoclast, about the issue with vista and how he was kind of hinting that some of the issues may be related to the Direct X 10 which comes standard with it..."
I never said any such thing. DirectX 10 for Vista does nothing to emulation--only introduce more advanced FX support and possibly slow down if anything. You don't need past DirectX 8 for Project64; it is just safer that way. A modified DirectX 10 maldistributed and modified by anti-Microsoft groups is worse than pirating it straight from Vista.

Mikonokia
25th February 2009, 02:27 AM
Thanks for Iconoclast after i re-installed directx9c pj64 is back to normal and no more errors i have found.:D

Mdkcheatz
25th February 2009, 11:06 AM
"Jeff Dunham - Achmed the Dead Terrorist" Looks kind of like you mister Mikonokia;) OMG and talks like you too! JK JK:D

Mikonokia
25th February 2009, 01:16 PM
"Jeff Dunham - Achmed the Dead Terrorist" Looks kind of like you mister Mikonokia;) OMG and talks like you too! JK JK:D

Yes he has copied my speaks :D

Mdkcheatz
25th February 2009, 05:17 PM
lol..............

Mk2thG92
1st March 2009, 02:17 AM
i got a question, my computer's running on directx 10, and i try 2 run p64 but it aint workin cuz it says=

Direct3D failed to initialize
Error code: 8876086C
D3DERR_INVALIDCALL

and then another window says=

The default or selected video plugin is missing or invalid.
Check that you have at least one compatible plugin file in your folder.

then the settings come up and on the video plugin box it says Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6

what should i do? does this mean i cant ever use pj64? plz answer

Mdkcheatz
1st March 2009, 02:34 AM
i got a question, my computer's running on directx 10, and i try 2 run p64 but it aint workin cuz it says=

Direct3D failed to initialize
Error code: 8876086C
D3DERR_INVALIDCALL

and then another window says=

The default or selected video plugin is missing or invalid.
Check that you have at least one compatible plugin file in your folder.

then the settings come up and on the video plugin box it says Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6

what should i do? does this mean i cant ever use pj64? plz answer

Try installing Direct X 9, they run independently of each other as far as I understand. Can I ask you what operating system you are using? (Xp or Vista)

sunsetofterror
19th June 2009, 12:32 AM
ERROR!!

On project 64 when I open it it has 4 error messages that come up when I open it. Here they are in order:
"The default or selected video plugin is missing or invalid"
"The default or selected audio plugin is missing or invalid"
"The default or selected RSP plugin is missing or invalid"
"The default or selected input plugin is missing or invalid"
After that a box called "settings" pops up and has two tabs. One is plugin and the other is options. On plugin it has 3 little boxes: Video (graphics) plugin, Audio (sound) plugin, Input (CONTROLLER) plugin. I click on the arrows on the three little boxes but its blank. and when i exit that it brings me project 64. and so i try to play a rom but it reads "Cannot open a rom because plugins have not been successfully initialized"

sometimes when i have reinstalled p64 it works but as soon as u exit and try to bring it up it has the same error.

so, i was wondering if directx9 would fix this problem. plz tell me if there is another way.:(:(:(:(

squall_leonhart
19th June 2009, 09:19 AM
install the VS2005 and VS2008 runtime.