PDA

View Full Version : Option to Cap F4

Jerad Gray
20th February 2009, 06:51 PM
I am not an alpha tester, so I do not know if this has already been done or not. However, if it has not, I think a new useful option would be the ability to set the maximum Vertical Interupts a second, so when you push F4 instead of being uncapped, you could have to set to be a max of 70, 80, or more. I think this would be extremely useful for games like Mario Cart, where the default speed has gotten boring but something faster would spice it up again. True, f4 does speed things up, but it does it in an unpredictably fast way (like on my computer, after pressing f4 it rockets up to something between 300 and 1000 +, which is a very useful fast forward, but really doesn’t make for a cool feature as far as increasing difficulty on a game). Now, if the feature was added I think it would be best if it DID NOT allow the game to be set below the games default Vertical Interupts (mostly because anything below normal makes the game look crappy and in turn makes project 64 look less awesome. But, also because people might play Mario cart at 10 Vertical Interupts and then brag about their extremely nice scores they have gotten. Which just would not be fair to people who have done it the correctly way, but really it would be up to you).

Thanks for taking the time to read my suggestion,
Jerad Gray

zilmar
20th February 2009, 08:00 PM
in the current beta you can press + or - to increase or decrease the game speed

Jerad Gray
21st February 2009, 07:04 AM
in the current beta you can press + or - to increase or decrease the game speed

And now I feel retarted, I must have missed it in the release notes, thanks for the tip.

HatCat
21st February 2009, 04:46 PM
I still need to figure these controls out...

After trying again recently I notice that pressing plus and minus on both sections of the keyboard with some mix do offset the speed limiter, but I still noticed that repeatedly--with or without wait--pressing minus doesn't decreate it. Same thing for plus just stays the same, but somehow it mixes. After I press them interchangebly some more it goes up from around 80 to 90.

Something's like not right. Why not just have a catalyst coefficient input method (maybe by percent speed) instead of a keyboard-controlled increment configuration?

Jerad Gray
21st February 2009, 07:36 PM
I still need to figure these controls out...

After trying again recently I notice that pressing plus and minus on both sections of the keyboard with some mix do offset the speed limiter, but I still noticed that repeatedly--with or without wait--pressing minus doesn't decreate it. Same thing for plus just stays the same, but somehow it mixes. After I press them interchangebly some more it goes up from around 80 to 90.

Something's like not right. Why not just have a catalyst coefficient input method (maybe by percent speed) instead of a keyboard-controlled increment configuration?

Yeah I need to figure out how it works, because I somehow got f4 to be stuck up at like 240 and then couldn't get it back down to 60, does it only change if you change it when its not being limited?

HatCat
21st February 2009, 07:43 PM
It only changes if I try tapping with them both while the speed limiter is on. Then the default would be 60, but if it's off even the primary speed limiter is in ineffect.