PDA

View Full Version : A Very Blonde Question

Irukapooka
21st February 2009, 02:37 AM
Hey guys, I'm Irukapooka. You may have remembered that I am that one dork that posted here earlier this month cause I asked a no no question. My thread got closed. Dumb blonde stupidity...:( I'm very sorry about that.

So, I'd like to first introduce myself to the forum if you haven't already met me! So, hello! :D I really like the PJ64 emulator. It's amazing! The N64 is my favorite system. So thank you for making that! :) I've really enjoyed it.

But, I am not at all computer savvy. I am technologically inept. But once something is explained to me then I get it down and it's kept in my little blonde head forever. Hehe.

So, here is my question...

I would really like to buy a game controller that I can hook up to my computer to play PJ64. What I would like to know is what is the best one and easiest to use? And if you could, please post the price of the controller as well.

Thank you so much and nice to meet everyone! :)

Mdkcheatz
21st February 2009, 03:52 AM
Hey BREE!!

Act a simple dual analogue controller should suffice. Other people may have different opinions, that's just mine. $20-25 range is good. Can get it from many computer shops:)...

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp358/Mdkcheatz/ControllerProfiles1.png

Gleasonator
22nd February 2009, 05:05 AM
http://www.raphnetshop.com/products/gc_n64_usb_adapters/index.php

If you wanna play with a real controller, get that, but then you'll also have to buy a real controller. You can find them used and new on Amazon. This is what I use and I love it.

Vytaliti
22nd February 2009, 08:14 AM
uhh noobie here...but lolz thats the controller i use (in the picture).. its a logitech rumble pad 2 dual shock...the have a wireless version but mine is wired.... and this controller is quite nice for this emulator....but im switching to a 360 controller.... they're $50 at any store that has an electonics section pretty much...1 theyr comfy and 2 u can get used 2 the 360 feel if ur a hardcore gamer like me... but somtimes i like to play the classics...
so id get somthing thats worth keeping...a 360 controller...u will also need a wireless receiver if u buy the wireless 360 ...seperate the reciever is 20 and the controller is 50 but together as a package its 60???? at bestbuy...gl

Mdkcheatz
23rd February 2009, 03:05 AM
uhh noobie here...but lolz thats the controller i use (in the picture).. its a logitech rumble pad 2 dual shock...the have a wireless version but mine is wired.... and this controller is quite nice for this emulator....but im switching to a 360 controller.... they're $50 at any store that has an electonics section pretty much...1 theyr comfy and 2 u can get used 2 the 360 feel if ur a hardcore gamer like me... but somtimes i like to play the classics...
so id get somthing thats worth keeping...a 360 controller...u will also need a wireless receiver if u buy the wireless 360 ...seperate the reciever is 20 and the controller is 50 but together as a package its 60???? at bestbuy...gl

Indeed you are correct, although I posted the instructions to demonstrate how you don't need an advanced controller to set up a good profile XD. also, if your as clumsy as me, you'll go through controllers every couple of years, I'd rather pay $25 everytime than $50 if that makes any sense...

Also, it depends on what you would rather, but I personally refrain from wireless devices because they are always needing recharging and batteries eventually need replacing. wired devices have less issues and I don't have the time or patience to deal with them...:rolleyes: