PDA

View Full Version : LIST OF ROMS THAT DONT WORK (anymore)

Vytaliti
22nd February 2009, 11:13 PM
I'm just going to make a list here of all the errors/ issues I catch on specific ROMs....
NOTE: My PC is kinda outdated. I think I got it in 2003-2004. I don't remember.

Hardware Specs:
Windows XP Pro 2002 SP3
Pentium (R) 4 CPU 3.00 GHz (not 64 bit)
512 MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (with latest drivers provided by NVIDIA, kinda old and obiously not HD)

I will try to go thru as many games as I can. Hopefully keep this organized and help some people.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ERRORS WITH FIXES:

Copy Protection Failure Error
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/6088/76155197.jpg
Fix: You must have "pif2.dat" in the installed directory

Exception Error (Line 326)
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/383/44077435.jpg
Fix: You must enable Protect Memory (which can slow down PJ64 so make sure your PC is fast).

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ROMs WITH ISSUES

Jet Force Gemini
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/5452/99084287.jpg
Symptoms: During any type of load or transition (such going into a different region) it will display this and exit PJ64.
It also does not let you jump (A Button) and when Fire is held (Z Trigger) it turbos is, AKA rapid fire, on a single shot weapon (pistol - ).

Note: Any ideas? Someone? This is my favorite game of all time!! Even Halo 3 comes 2nd after this.

Solution: Use 1.6?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Super Mario 64
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9144/98786605.png
Symptoms: "Dire Dire Docks: Pole Jumping For 8 Red Coins"....Hello!!!!! Where are my GOD DANG POLES!!! lol jk...umm the poles aren't present.

Note: I attached a save state for confirmation. It's not the ROM because it works fine on 1.6? I will however, go and get a new ROM - just in case.

Solution: Use 1.6?

==================================================
[I]QUICKFIX ROMs

Note: Protect Memory can significantly slow down PJ64, so have a fast PC.

Killer Instinct Gold - Enable "Protect Memory" and change the resolution to 640x480.
Excitebike 64 - Enable "Protect Memory".
PS Notes:

Thanks legend, it did work....just at 10% speed which made it unplayable... I guess I'll just have to play it on 1.6?
Thanks Iconoclast, Banjo Tooie now works fine (for now), and that did fix the JFG error that was present at load, but the second error remains and JFG is still unplayable.

legend
22nd February 2009, 11:19 PM
Excitebike works fine if you change it to "Protect Memory". And you didn't believe me Squall.:p

Please make note Smiff so the RDB can get changed!

HatCat
23rd February 2009, 12:43 AM
PIF2.DAT is bundled with the Project64 package. Please make sure this file is supplied with your copy. If its contents are not subject to reference Banjo-Tooie and Jet Force Gemini will not continue.

KI Gold needs "Protect Memory".

Options: Settings
Uncheck "Hide Advanced Settings".
Options: Configure Graphics Plugin...
Rom Settings
Set the resolution to 640x480 to fix the resolution issues. Unfortunately the in-game phase uses 320x240, so you may have to interchange.
Right-click the game in Project64's browser, and choose "Edit Game Settings" to enforce memory protection.

Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6 was stable with dynamic resolutions, but Jabo hasn't yet traced what he did to drop this in effect.
In the beta forum under the downloads page choose "View All Files". Search for builds of Jabo's Direct3D8 before 50 to retain dynamic support for resolutions for now.

Vytaliti
23rd February 2009, 02:29 AM
Ok thanks guys and I updated the post so if you guys got some errors to add the the list or something let me know; unless of course, there is already a thread out there, but when I looked on the main site's FAQ, under "errors", it wouldn't load, so perhaps, I though, it wasn't finished?

Edit: wait, so Jabo did something in his\her plugin and it somehow messed up?

HatCat
23rd February 2009, 03:42 AM
Wow that is weird...using the long jump it is possible to reach that red coin but not every one of them.
The expandable lists for the errors used to not work for us. We thought this was fixed...guess for you this still is not.

Jabo hasn't retraced the development at that point. It is not out of expectation to break things and fix them at the same time.

Vytaliti
23rd February 2009, 03:51 AM
Wow that is weird...using the long jump it is possible to reach that red coin but not every one of them.
The expandable lists for the errors used to not work for us. We thought this was fixed...guess for you this still is not.

Jabo hasn't retraced the development at that point. It is not out of expectation to break things and fix them at the same time.

Umm.... you might hear this often, I wouldn't know, and I don't say this a lot...but could you simplify your talk/text/replies. It's like it's written in a combo of higher-than-my-knowledge-English and computer-lingo which makes it kinda hard to understand...I mean I still get it, but it makes me wonder...

ps:soooooooo what should I do with SM 64? move on to the other stars or something? Or just play in 1.6? Well wait...is it the plugin's fault or what? Could I just use 1.6 GFX plugin?

fridgey
23rd February 2009, 10:51 AM
Yeah, I didn't feel like playing through it to test, but if I recall correctly that sub is in there until you beat the 2nd bowser. After that, the sub goes out a hole in the wall, and then the poles appear.

squall_leonhart
23rd February 2009, 03:10 PM
Umm.... you might hear this often, I wouldn't know, and I don't say this a lot...but could you simplify your talk/text/replies. It's like it's written in a combo of higher-than-my-knowledge-English and computer-lingo which makes it kinda hard to understand...I mean I still get it, but it makes me wonder...

ps:soooooooo what should I do with SM 64? move on to the other stars or something? Or just play in 1.6? Well wait...is it the plugin's fault or what? Could I just use 1.6 GFX plugin?

Sorry, his post was written so that "we" could understand it.

HatCat
23rd February 2009, 11:23 PM
fridgey that's right! After the first star on the sub is collected the painting depth draws back so you can enter the Bowser in the Fire Sea scene and get other stars in the Dire, Dire Docks level. If I remember right you don't have to beat Bowser first necessarily.

lol, looks like someone took "not out of expectation" on the harsh side. ;) What do you want me to do...use apostrophes like you fellow Americans? He's already gone anyway. :P

I really don't care about all this hostility I get on me trying to sound "intelligent" ... I just say it like it always is.