PDA

View Full Version : Sound Issues with V1.7

gxj5
27th February 2009, 10:26 AM
Hi All,

Wondered if anyone had come across this issue, as I've searched the forums and hit a blank.

With PJ64 V1.6 the sound in Snowboard Kids (as an example) works fine, However in V1.7 I get the sound of the boards moving and button press sounds in the options menu, but not the music and sound fx of certain actions.

It appears that I am getting the "channels" of 1 layer of sound but not others.

I am using the standard Jabo V1.7 plugins that came bundled with P64 1.7 and used the standard plugins prevously in 1.6 when the rom worked fine.

In terms of soundcard I am using an intergrated soundcard w/ 5.1 HD Audio (if required). Just to add to the frustration it is not all roms that has this sound issue as others work fine with full sound and gameplay.

I haven't tried other plugins yet, thought I'd just see if anyone had any similar issues first.

Hope someone can help out, thanks in advance.

HatCat
27th February 2009, 04:49 PM
This is one of those cases in which an emulation plug-in using the DirectX device may conflict with sound output. There is still little information behind this, but it can be manually fixed by changing plug-ins for the particular game.

First how fares Jabo's Direct3D8 1.7.0.55? Using this version of Jabo's plug-in I haven't managed to reproduce the problem, but using infamous third-party plug-ins I have. See if the 1.6 version of the plug-in works fine.

If this is the case if you have time it is very beneficial of you to us to try installing various beta updates for Jabo's 1.7 plug-in to track down the build in which this issue began. To find a list of these files filter the results after choosing Beta Downloads and View All Files.

From what is known changing to the 1.5.2 Jabo's Direct3D6 plug-in is a definitive fix.

gxj5
2nd March 2009, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the response,

I have tried the following video plug ins with results detailed.

Rice's Video Plugin 6.1.1 Beta 10 - sfx only - no music
Jabo's Direct 3D8 1.7.0.55 - sfx only - no music
Jabo's Direct 3D8 1.7.0.53 - sfx only - no music
Jabo's Direct 3D8 1.7.0.50 - sfx only - no music
Jabo's Direct 3D6 1.5.2 - full audio with music and sfx

all plugins were tested along with Audio Plugin - Jabos DirectSound 1.7.0.2

If you have any other suggestions, plugins or plug in combinations that you think may also work or wish to check, let me know and I will try it out.

Thanks so far.

HatCat
2nd March 2009, 09:12 PM
Hey I would try Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6 bundled with the current public version. Thanks so far!

I was fairly confident the 1.5.2 Direct3D6 plugin would do since this is a definite resort for many side effects introduced since.
As for using the beta plug-in there's an HLE plugin out there called Azimer's HLE Audio. Using this with Project64 won't exactly solve the issue source, but the music with a slight HLE mix will actually come back.

squall_leonhart
3rd March 2009, 08:58 PM
i never had a problem with snowboard kids, it seems sound card related.

Shaun_of_Light
4th March 2009, 02:29 PM
Direct3D8 1.6 works.

Jerad Gray
5th March 2009, 09:45 PM
gxj5 are you using vista/7?

If so go into your audio settings and see if your out put is set for DVD quality...