PDA

View Full Version : Rumble Pack

fear the yellow
2nd March 2009, 04:36 PM
Hey, I recently started playing Star Fox 64 again (great game) and I don't know how to enable the rumble pack feature (for saving). can someone help?

Mdkcheatz
2nd March 2009, 05:01 PM
Hey, I recently started playing Star Fox 64 again (great game) and I don't know how to enable the rumble pack feature (for saving). can someone help?

It's not the rumble pak feature you need to enable, it's the memory pak. "Options > Configure Controller Plugin..."

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp358/Mdkcheatz/hkaiuheda.png

Alternatively you can save through the emulator at any point during gameplay through "System > Save or SaveAs"...

Does this solve your problem?:)

fear the yellow
2nd March 2009, 05:49 PM
It might. I'm at work right now, so I'll try it when I got home. I'll come back here if it doesn't.

Mdkcheatz
2nd March 2009, 05:53 PM
Coolio:)........

CA5
2nd March 2009, 08:56 PM

Correction, good sir: Legend game :D

petterengnes
24th October 2010, 06:32 PM
i cant play donkey kong 64.
the control isnt working

Experiment #150
24th October 2010, 06:40 PM
i cant play donkey kong 64.
the control isnt working

1. You suck.
2. Do you suck?
3. Yes. you suck.
4. Post this somewhere else, like in A NEW THREAD
5. Not enough info. It could be because you have the wrong plugin, or because you suck so much that you don't know how to plug in a controller.

Oh, and Fear the Yellow, you rock. Keep up the rocking. And switch to N-rage. It helps you rock more.

HatCat
24th October 2010, 09:56 PM
There are also controller issues with games like this and pkmn snap unless you use Project64, which supposedly implements a hack to get them working.

dsx_
24th October 2010, 11:38 PM
um my bike has a flat tire plz halp

HatCat
25th October 2010, 12:37 AM
my keyboard broke while playing DK64 please help
my keyboard controls DK64 but my N64 controller only controls my N64 please help

Experiment #150
25th October 2010, 02:51 AM
Yes when I try to lick the CD with PJ64 on it it doesn't taste like Zilmar plz h4lp

HatCat
25th October 2010, 02:53 AM
It's a doughnut, moron.

DOOOOOOIIII ok bouse :confused:

Introbulus
27th January 2011, 07:41 PM
I'm having this problem. I've checked to make sure the settings suggested for the controller are the ones I've got, and it still isn't working.

The game I'm trying to play is Chameleon Twist, and this is the error message I get when I try to start it up:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b244/Introbulus/ChameleonTwistErrorMessage.png

Can anyone offer some advice?

Natch
27th January 2011, 07:50 PM
Seriously, why do people bump all these old threads? Ah, whatever.

Switch to N-Rage bro.

Also, what controller are you using?

HatCat
27th January 2011, 08:29 PM
I know I got an error like that before in Chameleon Twist (which a couple ways to make go), but why the hell does it mention both an error with the rumble pak and the controller pak in that message? I mean, you can't have both applied to the same controller.

dsx_
28th January 2011, 09:17 AM
meh, at least his question is on%topic

HatCat
28th January 2011, 07:15 PM
Please don't encourage him. :D

Good point though, just the error looks stupid, I know I got an error *like that* in CT, that I fixed via a couple ways, but that message make no sense.

Alunalun
28th January 2011, 08:21 PM
Sometimes 'controller pak' is used to mean any pack that you put in the controller and 'memory pak' is used for the memory pack specifically. But yeah, I still couldn't guess what the error means...
Do use N-Rage. You could try changing the controller pack type (rumble/memory/transfer/none) and see what happens? Is the problem that you can't play the game with rumble, or you can't play it at all?

HatCat
29th January 2011, 12:16 AM
Oh that's right, got it.

I think that error screen can't be passed iirc, only prevented by turning on, was it rumble (which needs N-Rage's) or memory pak emulation (either N-Rage or Jabo's)? Well something like that prevented that screen from showing up, too lazy to check though.