PDA

View Full Version : goldeneye aiming thing

egrll
5th March 2009, 10:08 AM
I set the controls perfect with movement, aiming and shooting as if it were a computer game but one thing I don't know how to do is how to get the stupid aimer to stay still when aiming. Any ideas?

Mdkcheatz
5th March 2009, 07:19 PM
I set the controls perfect with movement, aiming and shooting as if it were a computer game but one thing I don't know how to do is how to get the stupid aimer to stay still when aiming. Any ideas?

The targeting reticule moves slightly in order to imitate natural body movement. If you use a weapon like the Sniper Rifle and scope a victim from zoomed in range, that movement becomes more prominent for more realism. So essentially, you will never get the targeting reticule to fully freeze in one position without altering the game's code.

Is that what you are talking about? (otherwise you must explain your situation in more detail, thx) :rolleyes:

egrll
6th March 2009, 02:14 AM
The targeting reticule moves slightly in order to imitate natural body movement. If you use a weapon like the Sniper Rifle and scope a victim from zoomed in range, that movement becomes more prominent for more realism. So essentially, you will never get the targeting reticule to fully freeze in one position without altering the game's code.

Is that what you are talking about? (otherwise you must explain your situation in more detail, thx) :rolleyes:

I think it's what I'm talking about but I don't know exactly what you just said. What I'm talking about is when you aim on goldeneye, when you see the red aimer thing and on a controller you could just hold the red aimer still and fire or wait for the emeny to walk into the aimers view, but on the pc I can't get the red aimer to stay still. I press and hold the button to aim, but when I move the mouse to move the red aimer, I can't get it to just stay where I'd like it to. I can move it a little to where I'd like it to go, but then it goes back to the center as if there's not enough strength to hold it to where I'd like it to be. I don't know anything about adjusting whatever to whatever code. Techtalk isn't my thing. Could you put it in simple words and instructions for me. How can this game get played without using the aimer. Just using autoaim all the time? Doesn't sound good to me :(

HatCat
6th March 2009, 03:50 AM
Options > Configure Controller Plugin...

Since you are using a mouse to control this feature it seems you are using N-Rage's DirectInput8 plugin.

Go to the Devices tab under the active controller's tab. Here are options controlling mouse sensitivity.

egrll
6th March 2009, 04:05 AM
Options > Configure Controller Plugin...

Since you are using a mouse to control this feature it seems you are using N-Rage's DirectInput8 plugin.

Go to the Devices tab under the active controller's tab. Here are options controlling mouse sensitivity.

It's on 100%. How much more or little do I add in percentage to get it the way I explained above?

SilentRhino
6th March 2009, 04:39 AM
you might just have to play around with the in-game options menu.
i remember having that problem a while back but i never really looked into it.
ill check again.

egrll
6th March 2009, 04:43 AM
you might just have to play around with the in-game options menu.
i remember having that problem a while back but i never really looked into it.
ill check again.

I'll be waiting.

Mdkcheatz
6th March 2009, 05:06 AM
I'm a little confused, are you using a mouse, a joypad (etc), or keys to navigate the targeting reticule?

Which plugin are you using? (N-rage, Default)

How is this configured? (did you just start the game from default settings?)

SilentRhino
6th March 2009, 05:22 AM
when in game, hit start. hit left twice and you should see a menu with a "music" and an "FX" bar.
under should be two options:
auto-aim
aim control

switch auto aim off [this fixes your auto-aim problem]
aim control [you wont need to hold the aiming button]

unfourtunetly, the red crosshairs will always move back to center. thats how the game was created, n64 and all. with one joystick i can imagine it was difficult to create an fps, and they thought that in some way or another it would make it easier. it doesnt.

your mosue sensitivity being one hundred is a good thing. lower or higher would make it move with tenfold power however directed.

dont know if this is the answer you're looking for, good shootin'!

p.s. may i suggest perfect dark as an alternative?

egrll
6th March 2009, 05:45 AM
To Mdkcheatz
I'm using Project 64, Verison 1.6, N-Rages Direct-Input 8 V2 180a.
I'm trying to get the red crosshair not to move back to the center on Goldeneye but the red crosshair keeps moving back to the center. I'm trying to get the red crosshair to stay where I aim as if I were using a Nintendo 64 controller. I use the mouse to move the red crosshair, but when I move the red crosshair with the mouse it keeps moving back to the center, as if there's not enough strength to keep it where I'd like it to be.

To SilentRhino
I turned auto-aim off. I also turn toggle on. I still get this dumbass red crosshair moving back to the center. Lol. Why I'm laughing I don't know. It's annoying me.
Are you telling me it's impossible to get this red crosshair to stay where I'd like it to stay?
Isn't Perfect Dark exactly the same as Goldeneye? I mean the whole setting up the buttons.
This's annoying me and I'm laughing about it. How can anyone play this game :mad: Someone help me. Lol.
I'd like to play this game like a PC shooting game.

l33trurouni
21st March 2009, 05:26 PM
To Mdkcheatz
I'm using Project 64, Verison 1.6, N-Rages Direct-Input 8 V2 180a.
I'm trying to get the red crosshair not to move back to the center on Goldeneye but the red crosshair keeps moving back to the center. I'm trying to get the red crosshair to stay where I aim as if I were using a Nintendo 64 controller. I use the mouse to move the red crosshair, but when I move the red crosshair with the mouse it keeps moving back to the center, as if there's not enough strength to keep it where I'd like it to be.

To SilentRhino
I turned auto-aim off. I also turn toggle on. I still get this dumbass red crosshair moving back to the center. Lol. Why I'm laughing I don't know. It's annoying me.
Are you telling me it's impossible to get this red crosshair to stay where I'd like it to stay?
Isn't Perfect Dark exactly the same as Goldeneye? I mean the whole setting up the buttons.
This's annoying me and I'm laughing about it. How can anyone play this game :mad: Someone help me. Lol.
I'd like to play this game like a PC shooting game.

Sorry, you can't...the game is designed so that the red crosshair always goes back to the center, in the n64 version you could hold in there while shooting with the joystick but it never stopped moving. I suggest playing a different game:p seeing as this frustrates you so much.

khazmodius
23rd March 2009, 06:23 PM
Download the DarkMan DInput plugin. It has a preset for Goldeneye which should do exactly what you want. I don't play much Goldeneye, but I've beaten Perfect Dark several times over using this plugin with the mouse and keyboard, and the two games have nearly identical controls.

egrll
8th June 2009, 07:39 AM
I'm not digging up old threads. I just wanted to say thanks to Leetrurouni and khazmodius.

To Leetrurouni.
Lol.

To khazmodius.
I'll try that plugin one day and see how it goes. If you beat Perfect Dark, it must work the way I wanted it to. =D

egrll
8th June 2009, 09:41 AM
Download the DarkMan DInput plugin. It has a preset for Goldeneye which should do exactly what you want. I don't play much Goldeneye, but I've beaten Perfect Dark several times over using this plugin with the mouse and keyboard, and the two games have nearly identical controls.

Can somebody please point me out to this "DarkMan DInput plugin" please? I didn't see it in the Downloads section.

HatCat
9th June 2009, 11:29 AM
There's an archive over at EmuTalk if you want it.

egrll
9th June 2009, 12:23 PM
There's an archive over at EmuTalk if you want it.

Thanks. I'll take a look at it later and see how I go. =]

mraics67
19th January 2011, 10:24 AM
hello can enybody helpas: so I installed project64_1.6 version in my
laptop so have a (hp pavilion: the windows 7 ultimate 32bit intel core
2duo cpu T7300 @ 2.00GHz) so I wos playing rom Perfect Dark and the problem is mouse is useless can this fixed ???
enyone ?? help??

dsx_
19th January 2011, 10:26 AM
if you keep posting, i'm going to murder you.

Natch
19th January 2011, 03:56 PM
C'mon Dsx, I wanna turn :rolleyes:

No really. I'll help hide the evidence.

IT'S SAMLAPTOP'S YOUNGER BROTHER!!!

Alunalun
19th January 2011, 05:48 PM
To fix the problem this thread describes just tick/untick 'Absolute x' and 'Absolute y' on the 'devices' tab on N-rage.
Lucky you dug it up really, didn't seem like anyone found the answer.

khazmodius
20th January 2011, 09:34 PM
Are you saying that the mouse does nothing, or just that mouse control sucks? If your problem is that it's just not very good, download the DarkMan DInput controller plugin. It's made for playing FPS games with a mouse.

But really, you should be playing the Xbox Live Arcade version of Perfect Dark - it's the original game, but with improved graphics. The controls aren't any better than on the N64, so if you really want to use a mouse to play it you still have to use a PC, just thought I'd let you know it exists.

Natch
20th January 2011, 09:53 PM
I think everyone from the original conversation has left, never to return :rolleyes:

HatCat
21st January 2011, 04:27 AM
the guy must have been collectively writing down the thread IDs of threads to revive in Jan 2011, damn schemer

To fix the problem this thread describes just tick/untick 'Absolute x' and 'Absolute y' on the 'devices' tab on N-rage.
Lucky you dug it up really, didn't seem like anyone found the answer.

After re-reading the original post I suddenly don't understand the inquiry anymore. I can't tell if he means disable the auto-target, disable the movement of the cursor when it's shown on the screen (um, it's like, don't move it then?), etc..

But that's a good observation.

mraics67
22nd January 2011, 12:40 PM
hello :I want to buy a pc controller a(wire) so which type fit my computer and what files requires ??

Alunalun
22nd January 2011, 03:53 PM
There's no way to know what sort of wire will fit your computer, because we don't know what your computer is. Probably a USB wire though?
The PC controller will come with the files required. It will come with a CD which you put in your computer, and the CD will run a program to install the files so that the controller will work.
If in doubt, ask in the shop where you buy the controller.
Any USB controller should work fine with project 64.

HatCat
22nd January 2011, 07:16 PM
You can't use the wiring in your PC for your controller.

heh sorry

Natch
22nd January 2011, 08:08 PM
Any wire works if you strip off the end and shove it in hard enough.

HatCat
22nd January 2011, 10:21 PM
If somebody doesn't ban McFaggot67 he's going to force you and me to flood even more non-OD threads with conversation, unless RadeonUser agrees to more honestly improve his understanding of the situation so that I'll be happy to stop posting. Still although I am mass-conversing against ignorance, this isn't what I had in mind.

This problem was already solved dammit.

Natch
22nd January 2011, 10:33 PM
I agree, mcwhatchamacallit67 here needs to get teh banz

HatCat
22nd January 2011, 10:57 PM

In TWINE 007 on Agent difficulty it auto-focuses, but in GoldenEye I didn't really notice the issue with a keyboard. Some good config suggestions offered here anyway.

Rolthavic
12th March 2011, 12:28 AM
oh i know what you mean i had the same issue for Turok 2 you aim but it doesn't stay, to have the clear perfect shot. Check on the options of the game see if you find "look spring" if you see that turn it off. that's how i solved my problem, now it aims where i want it to and stays.

HatCat
12th March 2011, 01:26 AM
"Look Spring"...must have been too long since I last played the game being that I don't remember where in the game that option is.

dsx_
12th March 2011, 01:32 AM
i think he means autoaim

HatCat
12th March 2011, 01:58 AM
Probably one of the options from when the game is paused on Bond's watch I guess.

dsx_
12th March 2011, 11:55 AM
yeppers

lol k.

HatCat
12th March 2011, 09:36 PM
So all along, this entire thread, was about an issue controlled by an in-game config option?

After all that talk about ways these third-party plugins can help, Bond's watch already has the answer?

Well that is nice to know. :cool:

About Darkman's input, bah, I forgot if I ever got that working. I really wanted to be able to use Orkin's input to have profiles set up like this on a per-game basis, but now that squall's 2.2 beta N-Rage uses local INI storage of keys I suppose that's the next best thing.

WhateverBro
2nd March 2013, 10:21 AM
This is really annoying.

Can some please make a proper emulator for PC? What is this garbage? You need to download other files, in order to get the mouse to work??
Why even bother making an emulator for PC, without even putting in the control system?
What were they thinking? Everyone loves using shitty controllers?
It seems as though they skipped common sense & just pissed out some emulator & then ask for donations.

How about... Someone making it work the 1st time, without these crappy plugins which use .cbf files, which arn't even .jsf files, which work with the emulator? The files don't even show up.

Derpville.

squall_leonhart
2nd March 2013, 12:49 PM
This is really annoying.

Can some please make a proper emulator for PC? What is this garbage? You need to download other files, in order to get the mouse to work??
Why even bother making an emulator for PC, without even putting in the control system?
What were they thinking? Everyone loves using shitty controllers?
It seems as though they skipped common sense & just pissed out some emulator & then ask for donations.

How about... Someone making it work the 1st time, without these crappy plugins which use .cbf files, which arn't even .jsf files, which work with the emulator? The files don't even show up.

Derpville.

what the fuck asshat.

The game never supported a mouse in the first place, so of course you would be expected to obtain the more advanced plugins to pull it off.

Natch
2nd March 2013, 07:09 PM
And yeah, let's just keep the entire emulator in closed beta, for only close friends, until it works perfectly. Let's not enlist the help of the internet.

mudlord_
3rd March 2013, 04:15 AM
What the hell do you think I am doing with my OpenGL Glide64 port? ;)

No one on the internet deserves good shit when the "community" pisses on developers.

ExtremeDude2
4th March 2013, 03:31 PM
What the hell do you think I am doing with my OpenGL Glide64 port? ;)

Wiat wut

Quick call the cops he's gone insane :eek: