PDA

View Full Version : Rice Video Plugin Errors

aagame
5th March 2009, 10:52 PM
Hey guys, first time post :)
I'm trying to get the Rice Video plugin working so I can play some hi res games, however I'm having a problem when I open the Settings options.

I've placed the "bmglib.dll" file in the core folder, and the "RiceVideo6.1.3DX9.dll" and "RiceVideo.dll" files in the Plugin folder. When I open up Settings, I receive the following errors:

1. This application has failed to start because MSVCP71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
2. Failed to load plugin: C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6/Plugin/RiceVideo.dll
3. This application has failed to start because d3dx9_34.dll was not found.
4. Failed to load plugin: c:\Program Files\Project64 1.6/Plugin/RiceVideo6.1.3DX9.dll

Phew. After I click through those, the normal Settings menu pops up with the Jabo plugins there. Can anyone help me with this? I'm not a big Windows user so I'm not too sure what those errors mean.

I've searched the forum and couldn't find someone asking this question already. Sorry if someone has. Many thanks in advance! :)

HatCat
5th March 2009, 11:14 PM
MSVCP71.DLL is one of the runtime binaries you can find a dump of through http://www.dll-host.com/. Download this file to where Project64 is stored.

The other library is only needed for the retexturing version that mudlord had improved but can be found through the same way.

aagame
5th March 2009, 11:30 PM
Thanks! Works perfectly now.

KefkaticFanatic
19th March 2009, 02:50 AM
Hi, I have the same issue, except that when I download this file to the system32 folder or project64 folder it still doesn't work and gives me the same error string. I have found that the d3dx9 file comes with the latest DirectX update, and I'm fairly sure that the other file comes from the C++ Runtime through Microsoft, but I'm not totally sure and am hoping I can use this without having to install it.

EDIT: Wait no, I'm just an idiot and downloaded MSVCP71 when it told me that I was missing MSVCR71.

D:

squall_leonhart
19th March 2009, 10:37 AM
the MSVC7 and 71 files are only included with .net 1.0 and 1.0 sp3

nispio
15th April 2010, 02:27 AM
the MSVC7 and 71 files are only included with .net 1.0 and 1.0 sp3

I just finished installing .net 1.0, and .net 1.0 sp3, and msvcp71.dll did not appear. Are you sure about this?

squall_leonhart
15th April 2010, 10:20 AM
oh sorry, 71 is with .net 1.1

lil_alex
18th September 2010, 12:31 AM
rswedlow can you help with my project 64 i download it and it says direct 3d failed to initialize
your HAL device make sure you have a properly configured 3d grafics card
compatable with direct3D 6.0!!
default or select video is missing or invalid!! i tried everything but nothing

Experiment #150
18th September 2010, 12:37 AM
The select video is invalid or missing, it's not a metaphor.

HatCat
18th September 2010, 12:54 AM
heh don't you mean it is a metaphor?

^^lil_alex can you say what your graphics card is? if not try Start Menu > Run > "dxdiag" if you can initialize that then it will tell you info about your graphics processing technology

Experiment #150
18th September 2010, 04:56 PM
Meh, it's been a while since I thought about those terms, when I write I just write man.

HatCat
18th September 2010, 08:49 PM
natnatertatertot is to writing(n.) as writing(v.) is to natnatertatertot.

fail analogy lol

I can actually remember how to spell your user name without pasting and such if I think [g]nat-nate-er-tater-tot.

Experiment #150
18th September 2010, 11:21 PM
It's nate as in Nathan, nater as in Vader, natnater is my nickname, and I loved tater tots as a kid, so my bros called me natnatertatertot.

HatCat
18th September 2010, 11:44 PM
Lol the Nathan part I'm pretty sure intuitively was in there somewhere, no idea about Vadar or any of that Star Wars crap though. Or was that Star Trek. Meh what's the difference.

I remember tater tots. :D Nice name.
Err, yours that is. Not "tater tots". The tater sounds like some old guy taking a crap.

SilentRhino
15th September 2011, 12:42 AM
ouch... cant you feel the operational end of the death star ever so slowly pointing towards you? my advice, grab the original 3 and take 9 hours out of your life, even if its just to say you did. =]

Natch
15th September 2011, 01:50 AM
heh heh what?

Oh gosh Experiment was such a dork XD

HatCat
19th September 2011, 02:16 AM
http://forum.pj64-emu.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=13694
lolwut, way to come back to posting on a forum just to jizz it up with penis threats

ouch... cant you feel the operational end of the death star ever so slowly pointing towards you? my advice, grab the original 3 and take 9 hours out of your life, even if its just to say you did. =]