PDA

View Full Version : GameShark Pro v3.3

wildgoosespeeder
6th March 2009, 03:36 AM
Today I got a GameShark Pro v3.3 for N64. I was lucky enough to find a complete set: instruction manual and cartridge. As a bonus I got a cheat book. I did some reading in the GameShark Pro manual and I came across a program that you could download called "SharkLink". I already know that InterAct was bought out by MadCatz or something and I already tried searching on the GameShark (http://www.gameshark.com/) website for this program. Does anybody here have any information on where else to download this program?

Mdkcheatz
6th March 2009, 05:59 AM
Did some investigating, no luck what so ever. But I found some information because I wasn't sure how much you know about this piece of software which apparently you must buy.... because it's so old I doubt you will able to find a download for it...

:cool:More info:cool: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Laa-h8KZ8gw)

wildgoosespeeder
6th March 2009, 09:53 PM
According to my manual, it just says that on their site at the time that SharkLink was a special download. Maybe you do have to pay a fee to get the program.

By the way, your link was for a YouTube partaining to the Playstation GameShark Pro...

squall_leonhart
6th March 2009, 10:18 PM
Sharklink, going by the name sounds like a code updater for the gameshark itself.

Mdkcheatz
6th March 2009, 10:26 PM
Sharklink, going by the name sounds like a code updater for the gameshark itself.

That's what I thought, but it appears as though it is software designed to actually make codes as well. You have to buy it as a CD and link cable. There wasn't much about the use of it for N64, but I found info pointing to the PSone....

Mdkcheatz
6th March 2009, 10:43 PM
By the way, your link was for a YouTube partaining to the Playstation GameShark Pro...

Yea I know, I couldn't find anything regarding the N64, it was all PSone junk, I figured that they must been pretty much the same thing though, no?

wildgoosespeeder
6th March 2009, 11:29 PM
I couldn't find anything regarding the N64, it was all PSone junk, I figured that they must been pretty much the same thing though, no?

No, there are some differences. From what I saw in the video, the cable for the Playstation connects to the back of the console itself and into the computer. The GameShark Pro for N64 has a built-in 25-pin serial port. You plug the cable into the computer and the cheating device, not the N64 console.

As for the software, I'm not entirely sure if it has both Playstation and N64 GameShark Pro support.

Mdkcheatz
6th March 2009, 11:36 PM
As for the software, I'm not entirely sure if it has both Playstation and N64 GameShark Pro support.

That is very well a more likely case I would imagine :/. although PSone and N64 work off of two different HEX systems, so there would have to be some sort of toggle switch between them...

degenerationx69
11th March 2009, 10:18 PM
Well it is your lucky day if your V3.3 has an LED countdown else it will not work even if you are able to d/l the software for it.

Sharklink Software (http://www.geocities.com/xx_degenerationx69_xx/n64gameshark_pro_v3_3.zip)

wildgoosespeeder
14th March 2009, 05:35 PM
Sorry for the late response. Thanks for the download link degenerationx69! All I need to get is a cable to be able to connect my GameShark Pro to the computer and then I'll be able to test it out.

By the way, my GameShark Pro doesn't have that LED countdown thing but does have that 25-pin port on the back. I also have GameShark v2.0 and it had just the LED countdown. I found it funny why that was on there. It doesn't serve any purpose. The only thing I noticed that it counted was the time remaining until it went from the GameShark logo screen to the main menu. Why? It's pointless. Should have stayed hidden.

wildgoosespeeder
14th March 2009, 11:04 PM
Uh, I think you can't download hardware, unless you have Star Trek equipment. :rolleyes:

Also the instructon manual says this cable can be bought seperately at most computer hardware stores, back in the day of course. The software described in the manual is a download.

I'm guessing this was bad marketing.

degenerationx69
16th March 2009, 11:28 PM
- Sharklink Cable for the n64 to my knowledge has never existed. When I bought my chord from what I remembered it was a simple printer chord however I could be mistaken.

Anyways getting back to the LED countdown thing. If your GS 3.3 doesn't have one it has been said that the port although present where never activated on the board. If you have a gs 3.2 it will work or gs 3.3 with led it will work. 3.0 is a maybe but 2.0 will not.

wildgoosespeeder
21st April 2009, 11:40 PM
Sorry for yet another late response! A month! :rolleyes:

Anyways, I finally got the cable I was looking for! I got the GameShark all hooked-up to the computer. Now the next problem arises! I keep getting errors! The program crashes when I try to detect the GameShark. Any suggestions on how to get this to work? Note the GameShark is running on the Nintendo 64 while trying to detect.

EDIT:
I just thought of something! Windows XP has compatibility modes for previous OS's. I switched to Windows 95 compatibility and the program stops crashing when I try detecting! I read somewhere that SharkLink works best in the Windows 95/98 OS's. The remaining problem is it can't detect the GameShark running! The cables are connected in the right ports but no detection. What am I doing wrong?

dentman42
15th June 2009, 01:21 PM
Sorry for yet another late response! A month! :rolleyes:

Anyways, I finally got the cable I was looking for! I got the GameShark all hooked-up to the computer. Now the next problem arises! I keep getting errors! The program crashes when I try to detect the GameShark. Any suggestions on how to get this to work? Note the GameShark is running on the Nintendo 64 while trying to detect.

EDIT:
I just thought of something! Windows XP has compatibility modes for previous OS's. I switched to Windows 95 compatibility and the program stops crashing when I try detecting! I read somewhere that SharkLink works best in the Windows 95/98 OS's. The remaining problem is it can't detect the GameShark running! The cables are connected in the right ports but no detection. What am I doing wrong?
Are you sure you have it connected to the right port on the PC? The manual I found says it connects to the parallel port, not serial:

"If you are a real hard core gamer and have a desire to take Code Creation to more advanced levels, then the GameShark Pro can be connected to a PC simply by using a standard printer lead connected to the parallel port of any PC. The correct printer lead will have 25 Pin Male to 25 Pin Female Connectors and are available from wherever you buy your computer accessories.

Simply connect one end to the printer port of your PC and the other to the Comms port of your GameShark Pro, then download the special SharkLink Software that you will find on our GameShark website: www.gameshark.com. You now have the power to generate codes using your PC."

I just got my GSPRO N64 last Friday (no LED). It works on the N64 but I haven't had a chance to test the link yet.

Thanks to degenerationx69 for the SharkLink software.

wildgoosespeeder
15th June 2009, 10:02 PM
I have a 25-pin port on my computer. I have the cable connected to both the computer and the GameShark Pro. The N64 is turned on with GameShark Pro inserted with game on top. I have the SharkLink running and it cannot detect anything. Do I need the GameShark Pro to be in a certain mode for this to work?

StarHawk
12th August 2009, 09:52 PM
Are you sure you have it connected to the right port on the PC? The manual I found says it connects to the parallel port, not serial:

"If you are a real hard core gamer and have a desire to take Code Creation to more advanced levels, then the GameShark Pro can be connected to a PC simply by using a standard printer lead connected to the parallel port of any PC. The correct printer lead will have 25 Pin Male to 25 Pin Female Connectors and are available from wherever you buy your computer accessories.

So I just bought 25 pin Female to Usb cord, and no luck. I then found this thread. I'm trying to reset my gameshark, I chose the wrong keycode and don't remember what game I chose. BTW, mine doesn't have the countdown led.

loupph
10th March 2011, 08:52 PM
Sorry to post 2 years after the last post, but I search for 2 hours to find Sharklink and this is the only place I got. The old link doesn't work and I really need to reset my GameShark Pro V3.2. Can someone post the software please?
Thank you!

HatCat
11th March 2011, 01:10 AM
No backup of the file he linked to either...though if you search the file name of what he linked to that might have a mirror somewhere.

http://www.google.com/#q="n64gameshark_pro_v3_3.zip"

loupph
11th March 2011, 01:38 AM
Awesome idea! I found I was looking for. Thank you!:D

HatCat
11th March 2011, 04:53 AM
Well I am glad that worked. Yeah when Google isn't enough though then something like reviving this thread would be the kind of desperate call needed heh. Good to know it's not too hard to find though.

SSCVIHOST.exe
23rd March 2011, 07:22 AM
3,623 views? What the...?

HatCat
23rd March 2011, 07:26 PM
old thread