PDA

View Full Version : Yoshi's Story: load error

SilentRhino
7th March 2009, 12:08 AM
anyone else have trouble when trying to start yoshis story?
just curious whether its just my rom..=]

HatCat
7th March 2009, 12:12 AM
This may depend...half have reported problems with just loading this game.

What exactly is the load error message text?
What are some details about your copy of this game? If (Options > Settings...:Hide Advanced Settings) is unchecked right-click the game, and choose "Rom Information" for important details.

SilentRhino
7th March 2009, 12:29 AM
heres the rom info.

rom name: YOSHI STORY
file name: yoshi_ story.v64
rom size: 128.0 MBit
cartridge id: YS
manufacturer: Nintendo
CRC1: 0xE2CBFE36
CRC2: 0x388EBC75
CIC chip: CIC-NUS-6102

Error message: "Unhandled R4300i OpCode at: 802800EC
teq r0, a0
Stopping Emulation!"

is it possibly plugins? i recently downloaded them but havent gotten around to putting them in yet.

HatCat
7th March 2009, 01:49 AM
Hm...my data is similar except my two CRCs are:
(0x2337D8E8, 0x6B8E7CEC)
I am also using the USA version; the only thing different between us are the filenames we used.

Operation codes in this context are in main memory emulation by default: Thus plug-ins supposedly are not the source of error here. It is noted to revert to Jabo's older Direct3D processor for better graphics all-around, but this could be the issue so many have described.

Try right-clicking the game and choosing "Edit Game Settings...". Set the core style to "Interpreter", and see if the game works.

Mdkcheatz
7th March 2009, 03:00 AM
I remember when I was having this problem back in the day;) lol

SilentRhino
7th March 2009, 04:07 AM
now i get no error, but the window stays dark and the frame rate quickly drops to about 14.6-14.8.
ill just tinker with it a lttle. possible bad rom. i got it back in the day off limewire [i know, i know... shoulda known...]
ill try a couple new ones and check back.

squall_leonhart
7th March 2009, 05:27 PM
Update your RDB.

I personally have never had a problem with Yoshi Story (U) (M2)

HatCat
7th March 2009, 07:17 PM
Let's know if you have any trouble related to that. Obviously if we're using the same regional version when the CRCs don't match a copy can be outdated at best. The fact that the interpreter stabilizes your attempt justifies the idea of maybe a hacked copy.

SilentRhino
7th March 2009, 11:37 PM
i downloaded the version that lionheart has, and it works fine. its also .z64 not.v64 on this one. i apologize if i wasted your time, but thank you for helping me find the answer. =]