PDA

View Full Version : Someone help. Banjo Kazoiee constant freezing?

xythil
7th March 2009, 09:44 PM
Can someone help me fix this problem? Banjo Kaziooe keeps randomly freezing every couple of seconds. It is still playable, runs flawlessly, except for these random pasues every 20-30 seconds....

What could be causing this? Every other rom runs fine even conkers bad fur day

HatCat
8th March 2009, 12:36 AM
Make sure advanced settings are not hidden (Options : Settings...), and right-click the game in Project64's browser, "Edit Game Settings...", and try enabling TLB.

xythil
8th March 2009, 03:43 AM
its stll doing it

it just randomly pauses!!! Why would it just randomly pause every 30 seconds??

Banjo tooie does it as well

but no other game!

HatCat
8th March 2009, 04:35 AM
When the TL buffer is applied also try changing to the No Sound plug-in via (Options:Settings...).

Is the pausing automatically-restoring, or do you have to hit F2 to unpause it or something? Otherwise I recognize this issue, and I think it's fluctuations in the RSP cycles or something since this used to be recognized on my end on just older betas.

xythil
8th March 2009, 11:23 PM
When the TL buffer is applied also try changing to the No Sound plug-in via (Options:Settings...).

Is the pausing automatically-restoring, or do you have to hit F2 to unpause it or something? Otherwise I recognize this issue, and I think it's fluctuations in the RSP cycles or something since this used to be recognized on my end on just older betas.

The pausing is more like a hiccup. Its not literally pausing the gameplay, it is just sttutering every 30 seconds or so. Its so minimal, its completely playable, just HIGHLY annoying.

What can I do to fix this?

xythil
8th March 2009, 11:29 PM
I fixed it!! I THINK!!

All I did was go to Settings, Configure audio Plugin, Sync game to music

No more random hiccups!!!!!!

So far!

HatCat
9th March 2009, 02:51 AM
Hm...do you have more time to help me trace the intensity these two Banjo games have causing this problem when audio is not being synchronized?

I vaguely remember that setting doing the trick back with Virtual Chess ... just that under heavy analysis I had to not use audio synchronization to have no custom speed limit.

xythil
9th March 2009, 06:21 AM
Hm...do you have more time to help me trace the intensity these two Banjo games have causing this problem when audio is not being synchronized?

I vaguely remember that setting doing the trick back with Virtual Chess ... just that under heavy analysis I had to not use audio synchronization to have no custom speed limit.

what you want me to do?

HatCat
9th March 2009, 10:47 PM
Right-click again the game, and choose "Edit Game Settings...". Try messing around with the RSP Audio Signal and SP Hack options, but temporarily turn Sync Game to Audio (Options:Configure Audio Plugin...) off to be able to tell if these affect the issue as it was formally. (Make sure you test this seperately because there are also stability risks assosciated with both.)

If these both fail next try seeing if the Counter Factor modifier (extremeties 1 and 6) affects the frequency of the pausing, and then try setting the self-modifying code method from advanced memory check to "None".

Next given you still have time (Options:Configure RSP Plugin...). Try using setting "Interpreter".

If none of this fixes the issue of course just set back audio sync, and undo all of these settings changes. And thanks for co-operation.

I also should have asked before: You had noted Banjo-Tooie also had this issue? I just want to make sure since just Banjo-Kazooie has a unique audio-handling problem, but I won't presume it's related to this.

JordyCharlieBoz
28th October 2010, 11:45 AM
Just digging up this post as I too had this problem and this page was in the google results when I was trying to fix it.

Just wanted to say that the fix to the problem by going "Configure audio Plugin, Sync game to music" only masks the problem. It takes away the annoying factor of the 'hickup' by smoothing it out, but if you focus you can still tell that its happenin'.

Anyways good enough for me =)

HatCat
28th October 2010, 07:22 PM
Ummm don't ask me why I mentioned TLB back there cause I don't know, but as I remember it, the only emulators to fix the internal sound issue with Banjo-Kazooie are zilmar's No Sound, Jabo's DirectSound 1.7, and LaC's plug-in for Nemu64.