PDA

View Full Version : Pj64 works!!!!!!!fps problems!

abdul12
7th March 2009, 10:40 PM
When i got pj64 to work my fps where 10! Diddy kong Racing 64 went slow!How do i make it go faster!?

SilentRhino
7th March 2009, 11:07 PM
what are your computer specs?

Jerad Gray
8th March 2009, 06:27 AM
FPS or Vertical Interrupts?

If its 10 FPS, try closing down other programs, if that doesn't work its probably time for a new computer.

If its Vertical Interrupts make sure your running the correct type of rom, as I suppose that could cause the game to run slower than normal...

HatCat
8th March 2009, 07:06 AM
VI/s is emulated rate at which all signals are processed. FPS is namely geometry; they are both speed. If speed is low either way it is likely due to old video hardware, low RAM, or other components of lower-end systems.

FPS display is particular to the video plug-in; for this to be displayed would have to be through Jabo's program. In fact the only plug-in I am aware of that actually prints the FPS is Glide64.

There is also no right or wrong type of image as long as Project64 supports it; some are just in byte orders that load faster than the others. It can also depend, but after loaded it has no effect on the emulation.

abdul12
8th March 2009, 12:35 PM
i do close all my things when i play dkr. sys spes
224 ram(lol)
2.4ghz
intel celeron (d)
32mb graphis card
windows xp
any thing else i need to show yoU?

HatCat
8th March 2009, 05:56 PM
If you go (Options:Configure Graphics Plugin...) look for your video card label at the top-left in blue text, or get more information from dxdiag (Start:Run...:"dxdiag").

So far this is looking grim.

Jerad Gray
11th March 2009, 05:47 AM
i do close all my things when i play dkr. sys spes
224 ram(lol)
2.4ghz
intel celeron (d)
32mb graphis card
windows xp
any thing else i need to show yoU?

Are the two things I'm looking at, especially the ram... If you have a fast enough harddrive you mgiht be able to increase your paging file size and see if that helps, otherwise that graphics card might need some updating... (I have seen p64 run on cpus with half of that so the cpu should be fine).

Thunder
13th March 2009, 11:08 PM
See your hard disk space and video drivers, or change to the d3d6 video plugin(if you have it).
Also you can close other process of your system