PDA

View Full Version : Project64 2.3

zilmar
13th August 2016, 03:39 AM
lots of changes, nearly 1000 commits since 2.2. We have the offical release of 2.3. Also have the first public beta of project64 for android, it is still a beta I am sure there is lots of things needed to make it better, but things are playable now.

Download 2.3 for PC:
http://www.pj64-emu.com/downloads/project64/binaries/

2.3 for android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=emu.project64&hl=en

Source/Issue tracking:
https://github.com/project64/project64

dsx_
13th August 2016, 05:47 AM
sickkkkkk!

Project64.N64
13th August 2016, 11:48 AM
Now i can run this Emulator. Blue screen issue is going to be solved for my PC.

Zera
13th August 2016, 11:51 PM
Is there a portable build anywhere? I really don't like installing emulators.

Frank74
14th August 2016, 02:41 AM
Is is possible to take screenshots in the Android beta?

retroben
14th August 2016, 08:44 PM
Savestates are saving and loading fine,but the savestate loading behaviour change is really bad,I can't use the memory viewer properly because it closes upon loading a savestate,please change this back for all events behaviours that worked in 1.7 versions.

I rely on loading savestates to make memory changes in my code hunts to make the effects work without needing to maticulously restart the whole game or having to use Interpreter that more likely freezes due to accurate emulation over compatibility.

Dammit,upon turning off zipped savestates,a breakpoint occurs when loading the non-zip one I just created for Donkey Kong 64 (U). (assuming Win10) Frig!

Break point found at
.\N64System\Mips\SystemTiming.cpp

I think this is the same condition from a much older 2.x version that also breakpoints when loading non-zip savestates on Windows 7,I think it said VirtualMemory or something along those lines.
Please continue the effort of trying to find a fix for this,and please bring back the old behaviour of memory viewer staying intact for savestates.
I can live with zip savestates if it avoids crashes,but can't live without the memory viewer persisting between savestates.

NES_player4LIFE
14th August 2016, 11:43 PM
Malware free also!!!

rgg
15th August 2016, 10:14 PM
hi, i've just installed the new build and when i click on .exe appears a dialog box that says:

exception caught
file:.\main.cpp
Line:99

and an accept button.

what's the problem???

Frank74
16th August 2016, 01:09 AM
You may need the Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86), which you can get here.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=29

OR,

You might not have DirectX9 runtimes installed, the latest DirectX9 from microsoft here.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=8109

foodadd
16th August 2016, 02:14 AM
I can run this Emulator smoothly.

rgg
16th August 2016, 07:45 AM
i've tried the 2 options and nothing happens. its very unusual. i don't know which is the problema. i have a clean installation of win10. thanks for all Frank74

Frank74
16th August 2016, 08:24 AM
i've tried the 2 options and nothing happens. its very unusual. i don't know which is the problema. i have a clean installation of win10. thanks for all Frank74

Windows 10...

Try updating your video drivers, try running in Windows 8 compatibility mode.
Some are using Windows 10 fine with 2.3, so it's got to be a driver problem.

Use Glide64 for PJ64 instead of Jabo D3D8.

rgg
16th August 2016, 10:30 AM
Windows 10...

Try updating your video drivers, try running in Windows 8 compatibility mode.
Some are using Windows 10 fine with 2.3, so it's got to be a driver problem.

Use Glide64 for PJ64 instead of Jabo D3D8.

i have the win10 anniversary update with all drivers updated.
the most strange thing is the main window of pj64 not appear.
the dialog box with this error is the only thing that i see.

rgg
16th August 2016, 10:40 AM
i have the win10 anniversary update with all drivers updated.
the most strange thing is the main window of pj64 not appear.
the dialog box with this error is the only thing that i see.

i just install the previous versión of pj64 and runs well. jajajajaj:mad:

updated: if i put the new versión over the previous one, ERROR. jajajja

updated 2: i've tried to install it on the laptop and the same dialog box appears.

Mooglux
16th August 2016, 11:10 AM
Zilmar you should really add a 5$ donation Option or something as kind of ingame purchase. I'd donate this way and i'm sure a lot of ppl will do so too...

mercurius
17th August 2016, 12:09 AM
Hello, Project64 team! Thank you so much for this new release! :)

I am not being able to load the hi-res textures using the provided Glide64 plugin (version 2.1.0.210). Is this the normal behavior?

I have my hi-res textures in Plugin/GFX/hires_texture/folder_with_the_name_of_the_game. For instance, Plugin/GFX/hires_texture/MARIOKART64

I have also enabled the "Rice format" option in the Texture enhancement tab from the Glide64 plugin.

Is all this right? Why aren't the textures loading?

Thank you so much in advance for any help! ;)

Frank74
17th August 2016, 02:01 AM
The folders for PJGlide and SM64 for example.

Dat file:
Project64/textures/cache/SUPER MARIO 64_HIRESTEXTURES.dat

Pack with folders:
Project64/textures/SUPER MARIO 64

So just put MARIOKART64 folder into textures folder. You should already have a textures folder next to Project64.exe.

mercurius
17th August 2016, 08:05 PM
The folders for PJGlide and SM64 for example.

Dat file:
Project64/textures/cache/SUPER MARIO 64_HIRESTEXTURES.dat

Pack with folders:
Project64/textures/SUPER MARIO 64

So just put MARIOKART64 folder into textures folder. You should already have a textures folder next to Project64.exe.
Thank's a lot for the help! That worked for me! :)

Is PJGlide64 version 2.1.0.210 the latest one? Has GLideN64 been updated lately?

Thank you again. ;)

Frank74
18th August 2016, 10:26 AM
Thank's a lot for the help! That worked for me! :)

Is PJGlide64 version 2.1.0.210 the latest one? Has GLideN64 been updated lately?

Thank you again. ;)

Yes, 2.1.0.210 is the latest PJGlide64.

Latest GLideN64 build is here: https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/885
Scroll to the bottom.

millansoft
18th August 2016, 11:19 PM
Hello,

I have a Windows 10 fresh install, Nvidia GTX750, I5, 8GB ram.
I installed lastest DirectX 9 and Visual C Runtime 2008, and get the following error as seen in the image, any ideas?

Thanks!

Frank74
19th August 2016, 02:10 AM
updated 2: i've tried to install it on the laptop and the same dialog box appears.

any ideas?

Shot in the dark, but, try installing it to your Users name directory. e.g.
C:\Users\YOURNAME\Project64

Wondering if there is a problem with permissions on Windows 10, not allowing Project64 to write/create the cfg files etc.

Does it change anything?

Edit:
@zilmar
I've just changed the installer script to use the Users directory. Had to go back one level, as the old version of inno used doesn't support Windows 10 path constants.

DefaultDirName={userdocs}\..\Project64 2.3

If the problem on Windows 10 is installing into Program Files, this should fix it...
It might be time to update to the latest inno setup. http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php
The new version will allow to specify which lines in the script run on specified versions of windows upto windows 10. So you could use program files for OS below windows 8, Users or users program files directory for above windows 8.

rgg
19th August 2016, 06:59 AM
Hello,

I have a Windows 10 fresh install, Nvidia GTX750, I5, 8GB ram.
I installed lastest DirectX 9 and Visual C Runtime 2008, and get the following error as seen in the image, any ideas?

Thanks!

i have the same problem. by the moment, no solution.

Frank74
19th August 2016, 11:58 AM
Try this answer here.
a-windows-10-fault-with-file-permissions (http://superuser.com/questions/954688/a-windows-10-fault-with-file-permissions)

And maybe do this as well.

I have this issue on at least three machines I upgraded to Windows 10, two Windows 8.1 Pro and one Windows 7 Ultimate.

Looking at the particular error folder for my latest problem I see these permissions:

Administrators: Full control
SYSTEM: Full control
HomeUsers: Read & Execute

The owner of the folder is my current Microsoft account signon.

What's got me puzzled is that the current signon on the machine is an administrator, so it would seem to me that the user should have full control of the folder, but that's not the case.

Use the following procedure to fix this as long as you don't reboot your machine:

1 Signon as an administrator on your machine.
2 Navigate to the folder where you're having the problem, in my case D:\users\myname\Documents. Right-click and select Properties from the pop-up menu.
3 Under Properties | Security tab, click the Advanced button, then click "Change" owner on the Advanced Security Settings dialog (if you are already the owner, do this step anyway!), and in the resulting dialog enter whatever you want the owner to be, in my case it's my Microsoft account).
4 Now a new check-box appears labeled "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects"; check it.
5 Also check the box at the bottom "Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object."
6 Make sure under the Permission entries grid that your current account has Full control (if not Edit or Add your account to be listed with foll control). Finally hit Apply. This may take a while.

If you don't follow the above Advanced procedure and just try to add permissions on the Security tab, you may get errors.

There are literally thousands of posts about this problem of permissions on Windows 10.

rgg
19th August 2016, 12:26 PM
finally Works!!!!! Frank74 thank you so much for your time. the last solution (install in user directory) is correct.

Frank74
19th August 2016, 12:41 PM
finally Works!!!!! Frank74 thank you so much for your time. the last solution (install in user directory) is correct.

Hooray!

So you didn't need to alter permissions or disable one drive? You just installed to the Users directory?

If so, I've fixed the installer to install to the Users directory.

I need to try and fix it so it installs to the Users directory for Windows 8, 8,1 and 10. And Program Files for Windows 7 and below. Then I'll do a PR so that zilmar can replace the official download.

My 333rd post!

rgg
19th August 2016, 12:51 PM
Hooray!

So you didn't need to alter permissions or disable one drive? You just installed to the Users directory?

If so, I've fixed the installer to install to the Users directory.

I need to try and fix it so it installs to the Users directory for Windows 8, 8,1 and 10. And Program Files for Windows 7 and below. Then I'll do a PR so that zilmar can replace the official download.

My 333rd post!

i've only installed in C:\users\Ruben\ and Works properly. i have not changed anything else. Thanksssss again

millansoft
19th August 2016, 07:50 PM
Hello,

I found the same problem in Windows 7 in another machine that I'm using with HyperSpin/RocketLauncher, is it possible to use the new version in another folder like any other emulator?

Thanks!

Frank74
19th August 2016, 07:59 PM
Hello,

I found the same problem in Windows 7 in another machine that I'm using with HyperSpin/RocketLauncher, is it possible to use the new version in another folder like any other emulator?

Thanks!

Yes, as long as you have full read/write permissions in the folder you run Project64 from.

Rotnam
20th August 2016, 01:57 AM
I tried to fight with the permissions no luck, as soon as I cut&paste the folder under my user it work right away. Not sure yet

millansoft
20th August 2016, 02:00 AM
I know that the emulator is wonderful and free, and one can't demand anything about it because would be selfish, I said this before to avoid a misunderstanding, but that a soft can't run in any folder, it's just wrong :(

Frank74
20th August 2016, 02:10 AM
Setup Project64 2.3.exe (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9498358/n64/Setup%20Project64%202.3.exe)

Anyone with problems like to test this installer? Uninstall your current 2.3 version first.

I fixed the permissions so it should work in Program Files (x86), or anywhere you care to install it. Added option for desktop icon.

I no longer get this error: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9498358/n64/permissionerror.png

It works here on Windows 8.1 64-bit.
It works on Windows 10.

rgg
20th August 2016, 07:30 AM
Setup Project64 2.3.exe (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9498358/n64/Setup%20Project64%202.3.exe)

Anyone with problems like to test this installer? Uninstall your current 2.3 version first.

I fixed the permissions so it should work in Program Files (x86), or anywhere you care to install it. Added option for desktop icon.

I no longer get this error: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9498358/n64/permissionerror.png

Does it work ok on Windows 10?
It works here on Windows 8.1 64-bit.

great!!!! amazing work!!!!

rgg
20th August 2016, 07:37 AM
great!!! amazing work frank74!!!!

millansoft
20th August 2016, 04:23 PM
Works perfect now, thanks a lot! :D

Yoster
21st August 2016, 05:58 AM
Great to see this emulator make it to Android, already can play a game the Muphen port I used struggles with, Donkey Kong. Only thing I would request is controller options since I use a physical controller, as do many others. Thanks for all your work!

iFerrer00
21st August 2016, 01:39 PM
I can't believe it! It's alive! YES! Insta-downloading!!

Rader052612
24th August 2016, 04:55 PM
I watched a video that showed I could make Project 64 stretch to fit my widescreen, but that was 1.6. Is there no aspect ratio change for 2.3?

Frank74
24th August 2016, 07:03 PM
I watched a video that showed I could make Project 64 stretch to fit my widescreen, but that was 1.6. Is there no aspect ratio change for 2.3?

Depends which gfx plugin you use.

In the included Jabo plugin, you can set Aspect display between Automatic, Stretch, Force 4:3, Force 16:9:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9498358/n64/Capture.PNG

Or you can still use 1.6 plugins, just copy them to the Plugins folder of 2.3.

chriztr
27th August 2016, 08:41 AM
Anybody got a changelog or something similar so we can see what changes that have been done to the 2.3 since the 2.2?

GlideN64 do have support for this.

juniel_katarn
3rd September 2016, 09:37 AM
Hi. I have also updated the ClickOnce installer to match the exact release version (built with latest Visual Studio compilers).

It can be downloaded at http://hyvart.com/download/project64/project64.application

For a continuously updated (not always stable) version:
http://hyvart.com/download/project64/project64dev.application

HatCat
5th September 2016, 02:05 PM
dc

New page.

ExtremeDude2
5th September 2016, 11:46 PM
wow, rude

HatCat
6th September 2016, 02:02 PM

I support this link to installing Project64. (no idea what it does tho)

Also the official one on the main site is good.

SmithJrBlaquaLuigi Inc.
15th September 2016, 08:51 PM
I was going to rip Mario Golf 64 textures but it seems like the texture are messed up. Can anyone fix this issue? If not, then no worries.

Thanks

Melchior
15th September 2016, 10:39 PM
I was going to rip Mario Golf 64 textures but it seems like the texture are messed up. Can anyone fix this issue? If not, then no worries.

Thanks

SmithJrBlaquaLuigi Inc., your post is off topic for this thread please start a new thread for your question.

ExtremeDude2
16th September 2016, 01:41 AM
SmithJrBlaquaLuigi Inc., your post is off topic for this thread please start a new thread for your question.

Ironically your post was even more off topic.

theboy181
16th September 2016, 02:38 AM
Lol!! 123456789

juniel_katarn
23rd September 2016, 11:22 AM

You can try my builds here:
http://hyvart.com/download/project64/

They include stand-alone ZIP archives.

zilmar
23rd September 2016, 01:01 PM

in the next version (current in git hub) there is an installer option to install as a portable version. If I get time to redesign the site I will look at adding a zip style download of the program.

HatCat
23rd September 2016, 02:17 PM

Either what zilmar said or you may also freely get alpha access to ZIP downloads by asking in PMs.

Also, inb4 new page.

Shacker118
12th October 2016, 01:22 AM
Hi ! I Have a Question ! How can I Load Textures with the Plugin (Glide64 For PJ64:2.1.0.210) I want to know how to Dump and Load Textures :) ...

Idk if I Post this in the wrong place ! but I need some help Please...

Frank74
12th October 2016, 06:24 PM
Hi ! I Have a Question ! How can I Load Textures with the Plugin (Glide64 For PJ64:2.1.0.210) I want to know how to Dump and Load Textures :) ...

Idk if I Post this in the wrong place ! but I need some help Please...

You cannot dump textures with the PJ64 Glide plugin. You need the Glide64 Final plugin to do that.

To load textures with the PJ64 Glide64 plugin, put the textures in a folder the same as the ROM info name, in Project64/Textures folder.

Shacker118
13th October 2016, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the info :)

masheen
20th October 2016, 06:23 PM
See below.

masheen
20th October 2016, 06:27 PM
Do you guys have any ideas on getting Mario Golf putt putt wall glitch) resolved?

Go to Imgur /a/RBD5j for the screenshot. I can't post url's yet :/.

I was hoping 2.3 was the solution :) Thanks for the amazing work you guys do.

Tasoulis
23rd October 2016, 01:39 AM
Do you guys have any ideas on getting Mario Golf putt putt wall glitch) resolved?

Go to Imgur /a/RBD5j for the screenshot. I can't post url's yet :/.

I was hoping 2.3 was the solution :) Thanks for the amazing work you guys do.
Have you tried GlideN64? Not the default glide plugin.

Legacy Yoshi
16th November 2016, 09:28 PM
Hey, thanks for a newer version, i guess i will try it out soon. :D

smeetsr
6th December 2016, 02:04 PM
Nice, I can do it as well!

masheen
22nd December 2016, 03:20 PM
Have you tried GlideN64? Not the default glide plugin.

No luck so far. I used the 1.2 release from Github. Were there some specific settings I should try? Thanks.

ssexx
25th December 2016, 07:56 AM
how many of you got a donation box while playing on pj64 2.3

Jake856
17th January 2017, 04:02 AM
I think it's really cool how you guys are still working on this. When I first found this program I saw it hadn't been worked on in years and I had thought N64 emulators had just been left in the dust but obviously with an update as recent as this not. Keep up the good work guys

Jake856
17th January 2017, 04:05 AM
I think it's really cool how you guys are still working on this. When I first found this program I saw it hadn't been worked on in years and I had thought N64 emulators had just been left in the dust but obviously with an update as recent as this not. Keep up the good work guys! This has always been my favorite emu next to dolphin.