PDA

View Full Version : full screen on secondary display

emphyrio
21st March 2009, 06:59 PM
For some reason, I can't go full screen on my secondary screen. I use TV out (S-Video) to connect a Nvidia 7600GS videocard to a CRT television.

I just drag the PJ64 window to the TV, then press Esc or Alt-Enter (repeatedly). But all it does: it makes the window title bar and window borders disappear. The menu items are still there. And the window size doesn't change, it's exactly the same as it was.

I made the TV the primary Windows screen, but that doesn't make any difference. So I switched it back to secondary again.

Is there perhaps anything else I can try? I'd really appreciate it.

HatCat
22nd March 2009, 01:01 AM
Try changing some display settings via (Options:Configure Graphics Plugin...).

emphyrio
22nd March 2009, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. After a night of sleep and a reboot, I succeeded in making it work. For future generations, this is what I had to do:

Drag the PJ64 window to the television screen
Then press Esc twice to force a reinitialization of the video hardware
PJ64 has now (re)detected the available video settings for the television
Now choose the appropriate fullscreen resolution in Configure Graphics Plugin. The appropriate TV-resolution wasn't available when the PJ64 window was on the primary screen, but on the secondary screen it is available.
One more Esc and you should be full screen.

You need to have the PJ64 window on the secondary screen at the time you configure the resolution, or it won't go full screen. In my case that is.

DJTeeJay
1st January 2016, 12:13 PM
That has maybe worked in v1.6, but it doesn't in v2.2:
I tried out emphyrios todo-list on every available graphics-plugin, but the fullscreen mode works still only on the primary screen.

I could switch the primary to the TV, but there are some other programs which open on the TV then, and I don't want them to do that because I often want to watch TV while I'm working at the PC, and it's very annoying when I have to switch the TV to PC mode only for dragging the software window into the PC screen.

Somehow I got a solution in v1.6, but either I don't remember or it doesn't work in v2.2. Please tell me how I can make the full screen mode working on a non-primary screen. Thank you.