PDA

View Full Version : N64 on the PSP

zilmar
7th April 2007, 07:55 AM
I got a comment today on the site saying we should do a N64 emulator for the PSP. We are not interested in doing it, but I have to say strmnnrmn has been doing a fabulous job trying to get this working nice. He has just released version 10 of his emulator which is great, you can find out more here (http://strmnnrmn.blogspot.com/)

GaveUpTomorrow
I'm a long time PSP user, and I've been following daedalus from its first release, and it is coming out nicely. I've seen many people make the comments that you should work on a PSP version, but I never thought that you should, so I feel you're making the right decision. The PC version is much more important to me anyways. Keep up the good work. :D

Anonymous
aaaaaa i wana to download it, no sayng comentes...¬¬ >:(

Anonymous
9th April 2007, 04:22 PM
You fellas should create a 64 emulator for mac! i use both windows and mac but i use mac more! please!

Anonymous
9th April 2007, 06:31 PM
If you make any port, it should be a Gamecube port, so people could run it on Wii.

Anonymous
12th April 2007, 11:20 AM
how do you download project 64 :-\ i don't know how to :'(

Anonymous
13th April 2007, 12:04 PM
just v1.7 would be awesome!

Anonymous
16th April 2007, 01:45 PM
written by GaveUpTomorrow, April 07, 2007

I'm a long time PSP user, and I've been following daedalus from its first release, and it is coming out nicely. I've seen many people make the comments that you should work on a PSP version, but I never thought that you should, so I feel you're making the right decision. The PC version is much more important to me anyways. Keep up the good work. smilies/cheesy.gif

written by Pedro, April 07, 2007

aaaaaa i wana to download it, no sayng comentes...¬¬ smilies/angry.gif

written by NEY, April 07, 2007

OWWWWWWW

written by David, April 10, 2007

You fellas should create a 64 emulator for mac! i use both windows and mac but i use mac more! please!

written by CoinCollector, April 10, 2007

If you make any port, it should be a Gamecube port, so people could run it on Wii.

written by anystomus, April 12, 2007

how do you download project 64 smilies/undecided.gif i don't know how to smilies/cry.gif

written by paul, April 13, 2007

just v1.7 would be awesome!

written by jp, April 14, 2007

smilies/wink.gif smilies/grin.gif

written by shit, April 16, 2007

this is f**k your self you homos smilies/angry.gif smilies/angry.gif smilies/angry.gif

Anonymous
27th April 2007, 02:53 AM
There's no reason to make one for psp(if you don't want to). Daedlus is really doing good so makeing one for psp would not be worth doing to us, but you could by own intersest

Anonymous
16th May 2007, 04:11 PM
but maybe you can give to strmnnrmn a little help to finnish it.

Anonymous
19th July 2007, 08:43 AM
I wish you would reconsider making PJ64 available for the PSP. Although I appreciate STRMNNRMN's efforts, his PC version of Daedalus is far from running as good as PJ64 does already (Daedalus has many garphical glitches and most games do not run on Deadalus correctly or at all, even for PC, yet PJ64 is amazing and runs almost perfectly with hardly any graphical glitches and most games run on it very well!), so I beg of you, please make PJ64 available for the PSP, or at the very least help STRMNNRMN perfect his emulator to PJ64 standards so that we may have a playable emulator on PSP. It is taking too long it seems and to be honest I am not sure if he is going about creating it for the PSP correctly (many other emulators use a CACHE feature to combat memory and slow down issues which is not implemented in Deadalus which I think should be since some of the roms for N64 are quite large and may need the cache feature to run correctly)

Anonymous
19th July 2007, 08:48 AM
I wish you would reconsider making PJ64 available for the PSP. Although I appreciate STRMNNRMN's efforts, his PC version of Daedalus is far from running as perfectly as PJ64 does already (Daedalus has many graphical glitches and most games do not run on Deadalus correctly or at all, even on the PC version, yet PJ64 is amazing and runs almost perfectly with hardly any graphical glitches and most games run on it extremely well!), so I beg of you, please reconsider and make PJ64 available for the PSP, or at the very least help STRMNNRMN perfect his emulator to PJ64 standards so that we may have a playable emulator on PSP. Even though STRMNNRMN is doing his best and I would not be able to create the emultor for the psp myself, It is taking way too long to get a playable emulator for the n64 it seems and to be honest I am not sure if he is going about creating it for the PSP the right way just for some constructive criticism (many other emulators for the PSP use a CACHE feature to combat memory and slow down issues which is not implemented in Deadalus which I think should be since some of the roms for N64 are quite large and may need the cache feature to run correctly)

Anonymous
27th July 2007, 03:35 AM
il y a quelqu'un qui parle françai

Anonymous
31st July 2007, 03:21 PM
you should do it .it willllll make the psp more awsomely fun and so do it or we'll kill u jk jk jk ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8)

houbou
5th August 2007, 11:49 AM
If PJ64 went on a PSP or even better, on a Nintendo DS, I would definitely want it!

Anonymous
11th August 2007, 01:19 PM
Lol! this is is freaked up by spammers!

MAC SUCKS!!!!!!

Anonymous
3rd September 2007, 04:39 AM
hey look, PSP doesnt need an emulator on it, the games on PSP are fine, and if you want an emulator on your psp go download the daedalus, it works fine on PSP, or downgrade your psp so you can put windows XP on it, and then install PJ64 on it then you can do i t as much as you like ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Anonymous
7th September 2007, 09:14 AM
:Dcool mate

Anonymous
14th November 2007, 12:09 PM
What up dudes,
hey i just to want to let everyone know from the gecco im rarely new at this, i gotta say though when i first bought the psp i was really disappointed there is no mario games at all for the system and how do i get those and where? If someone would hit me up with solutions it would be sweet. Again thankyou very much.
~peace~

Anonymous
30th January 2008, 06:40 PM
;d >:( :) :-* :'(

Anonymous
4th May 2008, 01:26 AM
Daedalus is a really good project but in strrnmmnns absence there's nothing. Please tell me you guys are working on one?

Anonymous
8th July 2008, 03:16 PM
;d ;d :) ;) :d ;d :'( >:(

Anonymous
8th July 2008, 03:18 PM
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :o

Anonymous
8th July 2008, 03:21 PM
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :o :( :'(

Anonymous
8th July 2008, 09:54 PM
it would be cool to have pj64 on PSP but dont hassle the guys,
if they want to do it they will and if they dont, accept it

Mikonokia
17th October 2008, 10:20 AM
i think that the project 64 team dont want us to play n64 on the psp.i have daedalus r14 and i dont like it because zelda OoT dont run 100% can you guys do an emulator that runs zelda OoT,and majoras 100%

Mikonokia
17th October 2008, 10:22 AM
im trying to create an n64 emulator but i dont know how to turn it into EBOOT.PBP but if you guys want to help me i apreciate it:D

Mdkcheatz
14th November 2008, 04:04 PM
I dont think strmnnrmn needs any help.... i mean it isnt finishing as fast as pj64 but all the same, I own a custom firmware psp and i must say i no longer have too much interest in n64 games because they work tons better on pc, and there are enough of other emulators to last a lifetime.... anyway i think after pj64 is going to be pjgc or project gamecube, only becuase i believe it was zilmar (correct me if im wrong) who had mentioned in the beta forum that e had an interest in gc emulation. I wud hav loved to so some ds emulation but that seem last than likely because there are already some pretty halfway decent ds emulation in goos progress already XD. i would very much enjoy gmaecube emulation which has been proven possible...

Mdkcheatz
14th November 2008, 04:08 PM
im trying to create an n64 emulator but i dont know how to turn it into EBOOT.PBP but if you guys want to help me i apreciate it:D

you cannot just turn an executable file into an eboot. It will crash the psp and possibly but not likely brick it. You need to rebuild and recompile the whole emulator through its source which you only have access to pj64 source code 1.4 (pretty useless to just convert as is if you ask me)....

Simple answer... You cannot convert to eboot files, the end.

Mikonokia
14th November 2008, 06:50 PM
the pj64 team if you can do a pj64 for pc you do for the psp just one for all users from the pj64 to run mario64 goldeneye and the legend of zelda ocarina of time........I installed pj64 for pc into the psp and it run but it stops when it is loading the game

Just one emulator for psp that can these games please:)

Mdkcheatz
14th November 2008, 08:38 PM
the pj64 team if you can do a pj64 for pc you do for the psp just one for all users from the pj64 to run mario64 goldeneye and the legend of zelda ocarina of time........I installed pj64 for pc into the psp and it run but it stops when it is loading the game

Just one emulator for psp that can these games please:)

I recommend the R14 or above, it launches SM64 and Mario Kart pretty well, Goldeneye may also work, never tested it. you cannot just create an emulator for just a select few ROMs, you get what you get but the goal is to add code support for all. Zilmar won't ever make a psp n64 emulator because the team lacks time as it is.

Zilmar has mentioned before that he will not support psp n64 emulation, purely because the time and effect that will go into it while there is very little demand in comparison to #1 completing PJ64 and 2# the possibility of GameCube emulation for pc. No matter how much begging you do zilmar will not approve such actions, until you so happened to pull 1 million USD out of nowhere and donate it, but I see that you look like you are struggling with even 20...!...?:rolleyes:

Smiff_
14th November 2008, 09:07 PM
that is true if someone donated a huge amount of money so zilmar could give up his day job, then i think he'd be happy to work on any PsP or other platform.. realistically though, no ports are going to happen for the forseeable future.

Mdkcheatz
14th November 2008, 09:29 PM
that is true if someone donated a huge amount of money so zilmar could give up his day job, then i think he'd be happy to work on any PsP or other platformre..

haha Smiff_ I think you filthy wallet is craving more doe, but then again it isnt just you i think we all in the same boat.:D:D:D

Mikonokia
15th November 2008, 12:35 PM
But i tried R14 on my psp and Zelda OoT inst very good on R14 i also tried Daedalus shifty and is not good either...i have pj64 on PC and playing Zelda in the PC is fantastic thanks...but i would also be happy playing zelda correctly on PC im only 14 years old and i dont now how much work you guys have to build an emulator.It exist one emulator that runs mario64 Zelda and goldeneye at full speed but i dont now witch is...Sorry if im being stupid but playing zelda correctly on psp would be fantastic:D:D

Mdkcheatz
15th November 2008, 06:18 PM
The author's have been working on PJ64 for just about ten years now, so hopefully that explains how much coding is involved. Keep in mind that just by changing or adding one bit of code may fix any given part, but it also and pretty often I would imagine, offset the functionality of the whole emulator due to an imbalance somewhere.

I know you really desire to play LZ on your psp, but at this stage asking Zilmar to begin such a project is almost like asking an Italian to make French food. Hence, I think you should be bugging the creator of Daedalus to add support for LZ. :rolleyes:

HatCat
15th November 2008, 07:38 PM
Except zilmar's the chef :O, and he supplied language reference files with it.

Mdkcheatz
15th November 2008, 08:25 PM
Except zilmar's the chef :O, and he supplied language reference files with it.

ROFL Iconoclast:D:D:D:D

Mikonokia
15th November 2008, 10:30 PM
yes i know it is difficult a step hours playing Zelda ocarina of time on ~PC and i would like to play it on psp too but daedalus is not a good emulator to play

Mdkcheatz
17th November 2008, 01:54 AM
My only greatest recommendation would be to focus more on GBA emaulation for the PSP... I mean there's months of pure gaming right there no worries... At least until support for LZ comes out:cool:

Mikonokia
17th November 2008, 05:28 PM
Yes GBA is a good emulator for psp it runs all most all games and master boy (GBC emulator) i tis good too to play zelda oracle of ages or seasons...When a good emulator for psp that runs LZ OoT i would feel wonderful

Mdkcheatz
17th November 2008, 05:32 PM
I wouldn't feel crappy just because lz doesn't have great support.... just be thankful that pj64 offers great support! I mean there's only so much that can be done in such little time.. so why worry right?

Mikonokia
17th November 2008, 05:42 PM
yes project 64 for me is the only emulator that runs lz correctly and thats why i spend hours on it...........But waiting for an emulator for psp that runs almost all games is like impossible

Mdkcheatz
17th November 2008, 05:48 PM
yes project 64 for me is the only emulator that runs lz correctly and thats why i spend hours on it...........But waiting for an emulator for psp that runs almost all games is like impossible

If that's the case then perhaps assuming that one weren't EVER being made might help ease the tension?

Mikonokia
17th November 2008, 05:51 PM
yes i think so...:confused:

Mdkcheatz
17th November 2008, 05:54 PM
If i were you i would try and knock out as many NES games as possible, that'll keep you awake for years.... I can even give you suggestions on best games tooo if you like

Mikonokia
17th November 2008, 07:26 PM
OK NEs games are good can you tell me??:rolleyes::cool:

Mdkcheatz
17th November 2008, 08:10 PM
contra
super mario 3 (my personal fave)
super mario 2
super mario (original)
Adventures of LoLo (2 ans 3 as well)
Darkwing Duck
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (can be challenging)
Megaman (any but 2 or 3 is good)
Adventure in the magic kingdom (if you like mini games)
1942 (personally i love this game *********)
The Hunt for Red October
zelda
final fantasy

try some of those

Mikonokia
17th November 2008, 08:20 PM
What are the requirements to run theme:confused:

Mdkcheatz
17th November 2008, 08:21 PM
what do you mean by theme? are you speaking of the psp?

Mikonokia
17th November 2008, 08:22 PM
no.i am refering to PC i have 112MB RAM

Mikonokia
17th November 2008, 08:27 PM
I read your new thread is the KID ME??

Mdkcheatz
17th November 2008, 08:27 PM
personally i dont know how your doing ANYTHING with only 112MB or RAM. but all the same I think you should be fine, i would test it out as long as you have any version of windows.

alternatively strictly use your psp, that works wonders for me personally while playing NES roms

Mdkcheatz
17th November 2008, 08:28 PM

which thread??? please link

Mikonokia
17th November 2008, 08:29 PM
_OK Thanks.....I will try both my sister will receive a new computer created in portugal named magalhaes and it has 1GB RAM that will be good to play any emulator

Mikonokia
17th November 2008, 08:31 PM
http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?p=3548#post3548
This one

Mikonokia
17th November 2008, 08:32 PM
With only 112MB RAM i cant do nothing.....PJ64 is very slowy but the only emulator that runs perfecly is the visualboy advance but it slows a little

Mdkcheatz
17th November 2008, 08:39 PM

no no nooo, don't worry i was talking about someone else:

http://forum.pj64-emu.com/member.php?u=3

ummm i think you should be perfectly fine if VBA works okay:)

Mikonokia
17th November 2008, 08:41 PM
OK sorry....
can you give me a good nes emulator for psp and pc please?

Mdkcheatz
17th November 2008, 08:47 PM
for the pc:

Jnes - http://jabosoft.com/downloads/jnes_1_0_1.exe

by far the best NES window emulator made by Mr. Jabo himself!!!

for psp try:

NesterJ - http://rukapsp.hp.infoseek.co.jp/PSPSoftware/archive/NesterJ_v1_11.zip

I think that is the one i have. not sire though, if not then search google or if you have trouble let me kno

Mikonokia
17th November 2008, 08:51 PM
Does NesterJ works on 5.00m33-3?:confused:

Mdkcheatz
17th November 2008, 09:08 PM
Does NesterJ works on 5.00m33-3?:confused:

i have version 3.70M33-3 so i cant say, try it anyway good luck, also read my post above...

Mikonokia
17th November 2008, 09:10 PM
OK i already put the emulator on the psp know i am searching for the games that you gave me anyway thanks

Mdkcheatz
17th November 2008, 09:30 PM
let me know how it goes

Mikonokia
17th November 2008, 10:09 PM
it goes really well thanks

Mdkcheatz
19th November 2008, 01:18 AM
that's great to hear!! Let me know if you need more help...

Mikonokia
21st November 2008, 06:16 PM
well i have downloaded a lot of emulators and roms to see if any of those emulators have been seying if they are or bad

Mdkcheatz
21st November 2008, 08:00 PM
well i have downloaded a lot of emulators and roms to see if any of those emulators have been seying if they are or bad

haha i wudn't worry so much about that, for N64 there is something called the Good Rom Set which has a list (and they are actually downloadable through torrent as a single package) which shows all the tested good roms... Kind of the same goes for NES and SNES where you can get archives of like almost everone and they seem to work fine with me...

N64 and above are more likely to have emulation issues than lower consoles becuase the lower consoles like NES and SNES and Genesis etc have been figured out to a "T" for the most part (This information holds true for Windows PC)

Mikonokia
21st November 2008, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the tips
:D

Mdkcheatz
21st November 2008, 09:45 PM
anytime my friend

kazuokiriyama
13th May 2009, 08:10 AM
i think that psp needs a fully functional N64 emulator i have tons of ps1, sega genesis, and super nintendo roms on my psp but i really want to play the games i loved on the 64 not on my pc because i dont even use it much a lot of people could agree with me on this we want awesome games like goldeneye, duke nukem, killer instinct gold, and many more Daedalus is good for some games but it's extremely horrible when it comes to playing the games i mentioned

5uperMario
17th May 2009, 12:49 AM
i think that psp needs a fully functional N64 emulator i have tons of ps1, sega genesis, and super nintendo roms on my psp but i really want to play the games i loved on the 64 not on my pc because i dont even use it much a lot of people could agree with me on this we want awesome games like goldeneye, duke nukem, killer instinct gold, and many more Daedalus is good for some games but it's extremely horrible when it comes to playing the games i mentioned

hmm.
Super Mario 64 hardly runs on the PSP, didn't know there were other games that run. Banjo Kazooie runs at 3FPS
Super Smash Bros Freezes
Road Rash 64 Freezes
Be glad the PSP can even run emulators :P
its not like the psp is a pc that can handle all the stuff thats required to play at full speed.
hell, N64 emulation on pc isnt that great either. and then comes PS2 emulation heh heh heh

so thinks its a long time before the psp can run n64 at full speed
its still cool to play sm64 on psp and have ppl go "wow how you get that on there? can i play?"

Coldstone
9th August 2009, 02:37 AM
ok well i havent seen anything on strmmnrmm lately but one of his fellows keeps updating it on sourceforge the last one was yesterday the 5th or something like that. im not bugging you saying you should or shouldnt thats your choice and i respect that buuuuuuttttt ...... i will say it might be an idea i have been so angry with daedalus lately i cant even run legend of zelda ocarina of time and i cant register on strmmnrmms site to get some help but quite a few games dont work or freeze up like shadowgate 64 freezes if buttons arent pushed and graphix glitch if you use sound. but i think pj64 would be better cuz u guys actually got the 2 games i want to play (LoZ: OoT:cool: and LoZ: MM:cool: stupid i know but there the only reason i hacked my psp and got an emulator) to work the best i had seen on pc so if you were that good on the pc version why not try psp? as i said its your decision and im not pushing you to do one and ill respect any choice you guys make but just think of what i said :cool:

P.S I'm sorry if i have said something maybe i shouldnt im just wondering is there like a specific reason you dont want to do one for the psp? do you guys hate sony or something cuz i know i do :D i dont even know why i wasted like 1.2 thousand on 3 psps that just have the screens crack in under 3 months thx hope i havent offended you or said something i shouldnt have. reat work on the pc version when i get my comp back its the first thing im getting.

zercath
13th October 2009, 03:47 PM
nice (http://www.oldirt.com/) great site , very interesting