PDA

View Full Version : eror with project46 1.7 !!!

kebord
21st March 2009, 07:10 PM
when i start playing for the first time ,,, i got that massege

a stupid vista massege !!!!!

click on the pic to see its real size

:mad::mad:

:confused:

help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HatCat
22nd March 2009, 12:56 AM
Beta development currently does not support Windows Vista.

squall_leonhart
22nd March 2009, 02:05 AM
where the fuck do you come up with that shit?

the Beta works fine in Vista, this is probably a case of a badly configured computer.

HatCat
22nd March 2009, 03:27 AM
If zilmar doesn't have access to all released updates of Windows Vista how is he going to debug these problems? I would imagine more likely a few of these updates probably made changes to libraries (some of which were removed in Vista but may have been re-added for compatibility approach).

We both probably tested one of these updates while this user is obviously using an older build of Vista. I can see this by looking at the error message in that screenshot; in my case there are extensions such as a link to see more information (like what binary the crash was traced to by cause). In fact no one said he even had compatible hardware; I've seen some third-party graphics plugins crash any emulator attempting to initialize them on an old Intel card.

That is more likely than a factory-deviated configuration "badly configured computer"--in that someone of or not of this user's grammar had the intelligence to wreck with those sorts of settings.

squall_leonhart
22nd March 2009, 06:59 AM
You're post makes no sense what so ever.

If you don't have a clue, don't fucking post.

HatCat
22nd March 2009, 04:01 PM
Now you're also being insecure.

this is probably a case of a badly configured computer.

I just explained why that is much less likely than the build of Vista he is using...for which I know this crash can happen in relation to the hardware, which he did not specify. I also explained why I can tell his build is older rather than the updates I have tested.

As long as you're trying to be serious, watch your assumptions.
Watch your place as well, because you currently by your specs are not sitting in front of Vista.

zilmar
23rd March 2009, 04:12 AM
when i start playing for the first time ,,, i got that massege

a stupid vista massege !!!!!

Ok the program crashed .. now lets work out what is wrong.

Does 1.6 work on your machine?
is it all games?
if 1.6 works, if you select the 1.6 plugins is it still broken
if it works with some plugins and not others, which plugin is causing it to crash

squall_leonhart
23rd March 2009, 04:53 AM
Its more likely a crap stacked installation of Vista, or as i said, poor configuration (Drivers, virus's, malware)

zilmar
23rd March 2009, 05:06 AM
Its more likely a crap stacked installation of Vista, or as i said, poor configuration (Drivers, virus's, malware)

It might be .. might be some incompatibility with the way pj64 works with something he has installed.

If something is different that is pj64, it might be something that needs to be fixed and nothing wrong with the set up.

Either way we should be trying to help work out what is wrong, not guessing. Since he has a problem.

squall_leonhart
23rd March 2009, 09:19 AM
I think his problem is he's using a unpatched copy of vista.

SP1 has more informative error messages.

kebord
23rd March 2009, 03:00 PM
Ok the program crashed .. now lets work out what is wrong.

is it all games?
if it works with some plugins and not others, which plugin is causing it to crash

yeah

is it all games?
yes

ummm.... sorry but i dont kno how to use 1.6 plugins

kebord
23rd March 2009, 03:41 PM
1.6 works perfect but i want to try 1.7 i tried it on my frind's computer in windows XP and it works perfect

squall_leonhart
23rd March 2009, 04:03 PM
As i thought.

Update to SP1. Vista vanilla causes several bugs when attempting to run quite a few emulators.

HatCat
23rd March 2009, 11:39 PM
Plugins can be changed through (Options:Settings...). See if other plugins for the 1.6 version cause that error message or if they all work, but also do this with the beta Project64 1.7 switching from the beta plugins to see if this dissolves the error.

"unpatched copy of Vista" ya that's essentially what I was trying to describe because of his error screenshot, out of which I could trace what module caused the crash to speed this kind of case up

kebord
24th March 2009, 12:30 PM
ill keep playing on 1.6 :rolleyes:

HatCat
24th March 2009, 10:30 PM
sounds good thx bye :S

Thunder
25th March 2009, 12:30 AM
Tell me the ram of your pc, processor and video card

fine?

HatCat
25th March 2009, 01:22 AM
Hm...or he could, like, not?

It's not like he cares or anything; let him rage. :)

Thunder
25th March 2009, 01:26 AM
Hm...or he could, like, not?

It's not like he cares or anything; let him rage. :)

well, but i have the same os and it can be ram problem