PDA

View Full Version : F-Zero X Specular Lighting

Hubert
24th March 2009, 07:59 PM
I've just been looking at some Youtube videos of F-Zero X. Some of the videos show the vehicles having a very glossy look to them, and don't appear to LOD switch. How do I enable these in PJ64? I've tried a few plugins (9800GT card) but I still get basic gouraud shading on the vehicles (though the settings menu model has the specular effects).

Thanks

HatCat
24th March 2009, 10:33 PM
LOD in the current public version is still basic, but have you tried Glide64 just to experiment?
(glide64.emuxhaven.net)

Hubert
25th March 2009, 10:09 AM
Thanks. I did try Glide64 and evoodoo - they were mentioned on another thread about F Zero, but I couldn't find any settings that made any difference to the in-race vehicles

HatCat
25th March 2009, 11:23 PM
Most of the testing was done with Hacktarux's wrapper (default glide3x.dll supplied with Glide64). Major LOD configuration was given by the modifier in the plugin config (off/fast/detailed).

Hubert
26th March 2009, 03:13 PM
Ahh got where you're coming from. The LOD switching I mean is on the models themselves, not from texture mipmapping. At the start of the race, where the camera is panning round and in, you can see the transition from a low polygon model to high.
But... just been looking at some more youtube vids in higher resolution - it turns out that model LOD switching is there so I'm wrong about that completely.

However the specular lighting is in the videos

I can't play it anymore anyway as my wiimote decided to die...

legend
29th March 2009, 06:20 PM
Just make sure your using the latest stuff - G64 1.1: http://glide64.emuxhaven.net/index.php

Evoodoo is completely, utterly obsolete. :)