PDA

View Full Version : Analog stick sensitivity issues

trashfolder
1st April 2009, 08:13 PM
I just got a new gamepad and I'm having trouble getting it to register when I only push the stick part way in any direction. For example, in Ocarina of Time, it's very hard to get Link to walk. He always runs. I can make him walk only if I very slowly and cautiously move the analog stick. These "middle zones" are way too precise to play with. How can I fix this? Btw, my gamepad didn't come with any software that I can see.

HatCat
1st April 2009, 10:47 PM
Try changing to use N-Rage's DirectInput8 controller plug-in via "Settings..." under the "Options" menu.

Here are more configurations regarding modifiers, analog sensitivity, and else.

trashfolder
1st April 2009, 11:49 PM
I tried that, but I can't find any settings that really seem to help.

HatCat
2nd April 2009, 12:45 AM
Try the "Range" modifier for the analog stick, or try adding a custom modifier via the "Modifiers" sub-tab of the active controller for dynamic sensitivity support.

trashfolder
2nd April 2009, 11:05 PM
Well I don't have a great fix, but I got it working a little better. I first set the gamepad dead zone low (like 5%). Then I made a modifier that mods the X and Y movement to 77%. This works a little better for me, but still not great. I'd love to find a way to get my sensitivity working better for non-emulator stuff too...

jamieman
2nd November 2009, 03:11 AM
yeh well i have the same problem (reeally nice power wave xbox style controller) and ive check all the main forums about this subject (the answerers on this one answered more politely than others :P lol) and no-one has answered anything satisfactory for me. yeh ok,i can fine tune it *raply, but its not good enough to play wetrix or other games (even simpler games like mystic ninja you can have trouble walking tight surfaces. yeh ok its better than tryna play conquers bad fur day with a d-pad (lol) (and even with a nicely set stick some jumps can be painfully tricky and/or impossible, taking even up to 20-40mins to make the jump finally)

so anyways, please give a solution. unless you have it perfectly running, with 360* and tight sensitivity to slightness, please tell me all your config settings (incl. pc, version, even unrelated plugins used)

PLEASE HELP I WANNA PASS THE PRACTICE ON WETRIX! *its almost impossible*

jamieman
2nd November 2009, 03:16 AM
yeh ok i can play, but its not good enough. ive even seen many vids, with people with nice analog stick contorls, they know what they are doing, and playing games like perfect dark and they are rapidly jolting left and right (no smooth left right aim) even tho they are just trying to move slightly, btw, i have 2 joys, and 1 is set for joy, and other is set for c buttons (very cool setting for some c-button movement games)