PDA

View Full Version : Cheats Help

wildgoosespeeder
2nd April 2009, 05:18 AM
I was hacking my Pokémon Stadium cartridge and found some awesome cheats. That's not the point. I found out that there are 8-bit and 16-bit codes using 80XXXXXX XXXX and 81XXXXXX XXXX respectively. Also there is the GS button to activate the code once. That code is 88XXXXXX XXXX for I believe just 8-bit codes. Is there a 16-bit GS button code? If so would it go something like this? 89XXXXXX XXXX

Mdkcheatz
4th April 2009, 03:28 AM
I was hacking my Pokémon Stadium cartridge and found some awesome cheats. That's not the point. I found out that there are 8-bit and 16-bit codes using 80XXXXXX XXXX and 81XXXXXX XXXX respectively. Also there is the GS button to activate the code once. That code is 88XXXXXX XXXX for I believe just 8-bit codes. Is there a 16-bit GS button code? If so would it go something like this? 89XXXXXX XXXX

Yes that should be correct!

Although you seem to be targeting the first 2 hex numbers. The internal command is actually based on the first 3 numbers. So it would be something like: 881XXX?? YYYY (881XXXXX XXXX) & 891XXX?? YYYY (891XXXXX XXXX)...

CCCXXX?? YYYY

Now you've noticed how I have divided the code into C,X,? and Y, that really means nothing in general, I just prefer to split the code up in order to understand it better. But each game will work in it's own accord. Generally the focus lies in the XXX?? whereby the CCC are the command :P .... YYYY tends to represent what I like to call Strength-Setting because more often than not, if this code is effected by a change in value, generally it effects the property of the code in such a way that the outcome is either enhanced or decreased in some shape...

CCC ------------------ Command
XXX ------------------ Locator
?? -------------------- Property
YYYY ---------------- Strength

Do you do a lot of hacking with cheat code development?

wildgoosespeeder
4th April 2009, 08:06 PM
I just do the usual stuff not mentioned in the .cht file: Infinite lives, infinite health, you know, the usual stuff. I did find some helpful codes for Pokémon Stadium like I mentioned before. I also found these videos helpful:

GameShark Pro Part 1 of 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ocr8iA4-fY)
GameShark Pro Part 2 of 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2EKwe9pUNY)
GameShark Pro Part 3 of 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTpXda5r8ao)

Mdkcheatz
4th April 2009, 09:34 PM
There are many games which lack these cheat codes most definitely should be investigated upon more frequently... I prefer to make codes for recreational purposes, like stupid ones that cause characters to grow large or extra tiny... or something that causes funny glitches or makes the game look "pretty" .... cheat codes that really don't help the game, but offer an entirely new experience is my field of training :P

wildgoosespeeder
5th April 2009, 12:59 AM
Here's what I found that isn't in the cheat database:

Paper Mario:
Press GS Button For 99 Star Points (great for leveling up quickly!)
8810F2A0 0063

Pokémon Stadium:
Following cheats, sometimes the attack turns "freeze" the game when this code is enabled. This is normal. The enemy Pokémon is slowly losing HP. Until HP is 0, the game continues normally.

One Hit KO Pika Cup (GS Button) - Use this cheat when you are able to select your next move.
890FCB2E 0000
89284DD8 0000

One Hit KO Poké Cup
81285B18 0000

One Hit KO Prime Cup
810FCB2E 0000
81286768 0000

One Hit KO Petit Cup
810FCB2E 0000
812873A8 0000

One Hit KO Brock's Castle
810FCB2E 0000
81287CB8 0000

Mdkcheatz
5th April 2009, 01:49 AM
K thanx Ill add them latter...:)

wildgoosespeeder
5th April 2009, 02:14 AM
Check back every now and again, I'll update when I find more useful codes!

Mdkcheatz
5th April 2009, 06:03 AM
aye lad thx a bunch! ^^

wildgoosespeeder
5th April 2009, 05:28 PM
CCC ------------------ Command
XXX ------------------ Locator
?? -------------------- Property
YYYY ---------------- Strength

Do you think you can expand on all the known GameShark commands?

Mdkcheatz
6th April 2009, 04:04 AM
Do you think you can expand on all the known GameShark commands?

Actually that's an area I'd like to learn more, as to exactly how they are used... I usually have just implemented common commands like 800, 801, 891, 881, etc, and test them to make sure they work... But it would be nice to find out how they work "specifically" for each one... I'm just too busy these days... but when I get time to explain it I will post...:)

rr97khl
9th April 2009, 07:31 AM
I don't know where to get cheats, and on the project, i don't know how to activate them either :confused:

wildgoosespeeder
9th April 2009, 08:41 PM
First run the N64 game. Then after it's done loading and you are not in full screen, select the menu option "System > Cheats...". Project64 comes preloaded with cheats. Some cheats could not be there. As Mdkcheatz said, you can search for them on the Internet. Just right-click the list and select "Add New Cheat...". Everything else should be self-explanatory. Make sure when you enter the code(s) for the cheat, they are in this format:

XXXXXXXX XXXX

Make sure the space is there. Either that or Project64 won't allow you to enter the cheat.

wildgoosespeeder
22nd April 2009, 07:36 PM
Actually that's an area I'd like to learn more, as to exactly how they are used... I usually have just implemented common commands like 800, 801, 891, 881, etc, and test them to make sure they work... But it would be nice to find out how they work "specifically" for each one... I'm just too busy these days... but when I get time to explain it I will post...:)

Actually after browsing around, I found this!

80 - Continuous 8-bit replacement (range 0-255)
81 - Continuous 16-bit replacement (0-65535)
88 - GS Button-activated 8-bit replacement
89 - GS Button-activated 16-bit replacement
A0 - 8-bit replacement only on startup
A1 - 16-bit replacement only on startup
D0 - 8-bit read (checks the address given for the specified value)
D1 - 16-bit read (checks the given address and the one after for the
specified value)

Mdkcheatz
24th April 2009, 01:57 AM
LOLm nice addition mate :P keep up the good work :)