PDA

View Full Version : about the .10 package

Smiff_
9th April 2007, 07:08 AM
Dear members, you can see the latest builds have some big changes. b48 (and pack .10) was replaced within 24 hours by b49 (pack .10a), when you pointed out that many games didn't work on b48 (!)
there are 2 particular issues i want to bring to attention:

.10(a) package contains older 1.7 audio plugin. this is not a mistake. because many users have problems with hardware mixing and jabo has not yet updated the plugin to do both (hardware and software), we have reverted temporarily to the older one with software mixing. users who wish to try hardware mixing can still get the newer plugin by clicking "Files" in the download section. most people do not need to care about this, its mainly for hardware dolby decoders that there's a benefit of h/w mixing.
I am updating the RDB quite often at the moment, please get the latest file, its already got some fixes since the packaged one. the most common problem is that if you have the same version of a game as zilmar you're ok, otherwise your settings might be wrong! i'm matching the settings whenever i spot something different so everyone gets the same experience.

Just after posting new binaries is the most stressful time here. These core changes have some big effects on games and rom settings - but also people are finding old bugs that aren't related to any of the new changes, perhaps because you're all looking for things now, or you're using it more etc. this is good, but please stay calm and check the blog, sticky topics and bug tracker before posting! we do not do quick binary updates except in cases where there is a major regression. really rapid updates are not good for development flow, karma, feng shui etc.. - better to keep things slow and steady ;) anyway hope you're overall enjoying zilmar's new work :)

Breadwinka
9th April 2007, 07:55 AM
well its good that you guys got on top of things good job :) keep up the excellent work

Jabo
9th April 2007, 09:36 AM
Yes updates are bad for my feng shui ... I feel it :D

Smiff_
9th April 2007, 08:50 PM
but you haven't done any updates for these packs jabo :p
thanks for keeping the changelogs going for the alpha btw

Breadwinka
11th April 2007, 09:57 AM
LOL Smiff that was good

Philippi Christophe
15th April 2007, 12:15 AM
hi men, thanks for pj64 emu
but the last release jabo direct3d8 build54 crash my emu
i test pj with jabo b53 it's work...
why crash ? thanks for help..

my config: P4 3.06 and vista inside
but i test pj64 d3d b54 to xp too but crash too....

Chronogene
6th June 2009, 07:30 AM
http://www.joshuatopolsky.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/38197-spam.jpg