PDA

View Full Version : help with rumble pack

srike
5th April 2009, 11:24 AM
when i try to play chameleon twist 1 it says that the rumble pack is malfunctioning and i checked the by game FaQ but its not there please help me with this problem

HatCat
5th April 2009, 07:55 PM
Choose setting "Configure Controller Plugin..." from the menu "Options", and try to enable controller pak emulation. There should be a drop-down box for setting "Memory Pak".

srike
6th April 2009, 10:47 AM
tried that it goes to the title screen and then it goes back agin

HatCat
6th April 2009, 05:21 PM
Actually it should be set to "Rumble Pak" if you did not try that.

If the device isn't emulated, you won't find your way past that error message. Apply this setting, and reset emulation. And there is no "going back" in terms of time from a boot observation, so I have no idea what that means. Describe carefully if it happens again.

srike
9th April 2009, 12:10 PM
ok i triedd what u said about the rumble pack thing and it foze and now it says that it cant read the file?????

HatCat
10th April 2009, 12:56 AM
Which file? What's the error message say exactly?
Did it happen immediately after changing the setting, or did the error respond to something later?

srike
11th April 2009, 04:17 AM
what happend is that i was playing the game it worked and then it foze so i reset it and then it said it chouldent find the file of the rom

HatCat
11th April 2009, 07:19 PM
So now the game doesn't start?

File not found usually means a path or other change somehow happened. In Project64 try hitting Ctrl+O and browse for where the game is supposed to be installed.

srike
15th April 2009, 03:49 AM
i tried that all and i even dowloaded a new rom of it and still nothing

HatCat
15th April 2009, 08:46 PM
You need to know where the file is once you download it.

Once you download it, pinpoint Project64 to it after Ctrl+O.
If you can't find it you can't start the game.

gunslingerned
18th September 2011, 12:34 AM
I would suggest creating a seperate game folder and typing in the path in the Project 64 settings. Also use doperoms.com because some of the other sites will spam you.

Natch
18th September 2011, 06:23 AM
gunslinger, did you not read the posting rules? Please edit out the name of the rom sites, as we do not want to get into any legal issues by affiliating ourselves with romsites.

Thank you.

HatCat
19th September 2011, 03:13 AM
dope sux

Also, not to mention if there even were posting rules for him to read, they'd have to include bumping old threads XD.