PDA

View Full Version : Custom Resolution or Dual full screen

NegroCollegeFund
5th April 2009, 11:06 PM
Do to issues beyond my control I cannot enable horizontal span on this PC. I used to play perfect dark across both monitors, in 2 player multiplayer. If you split the screen horizontally, and used 2 monitors for the full screen image, each player got their own monitor at proper ratio. Twas badass. If i run a game, and float the window between both monitors, it does indeed show on both still. If I could change the size of the window, I'd be set. So what I would like to ask is how might I go about either:
1) Finding a simple solution to get a resolution of 3940 x 1200 windowed
2) Receiving a modified PJ64 capable of being resized with those little windows arrow things
3) Quick resolve

If your tech support is as badass as your program, I might be so inclined to donate. Thank you in advance.

HatCat
6th April 2009, 02:12 AM
In the beta version forcing pre-defined width-height ratios is supported, but custom resolutions for full screen display mode are not. There is always forcing the screen drawing resolution within Project64, but right now there is no way to force your desktop to support such unusual resolutions.

If you configure the graphics plugin (Options menu) you should see a list of full screen modes supported.

NegroCollegeFund
6th April 2009, 08:31 AM
I don't believe you follow me, I need that which is unsupported. If I had either a 3940 x 1200 (16:5 WS) in my options, or if PJ64 had the ability to recognize both of my monitors when it full screened I'd have no issue. Naturally it would look dumb cause of the odd ratio, however in a 2 player game where the screen is split horizontally, each player gets their own screen at the proper ratio. I used to do it before nvidia dropped the ball and fucked up Horizontal Span in their lame control panel. Despite months of forum posting and the google I had no luck getting back that mode. If I can resize this silly window however, my quandary ends. I beg of you please help me. I also don't know what you mean as far as "forcing screen drawing resolution." Thank you for your quick reply and I look forward to a resolution (no pun intended olol) on this.

HatCat
6th April 2009, 05:15 PM
"There is always forcing the screen drawing resolution within Project64,"
means you can do this.

Choose "Configure Graphics Plugin..." from the menu "Options".
If advanced settings were not hidden on initialization of these settings there is a tab "Rom Settings". Here are options forcing the main resolution used for a certain game.

Setting the width and height to 320x240 forces standard resolution, but if you double these to 640x480 resolution the screen drawing in Project64 shrinks.

But I know this is not what you meant because this doesn't force full screen resolutions, so disregarding this....

Given you have already checked these configuration settings and don't see the 3940x1200 resolution supported in the list of full screen drawing modes, if you donated for the 1.7 beta, it seems the closest fix for your problem would be the ability to force a 16:9 resolution instead. The drawing modes listed here check your graphics drivers and hardware for support, but if this resolution is supported by your other device by the operating system I don't have the right information for you. You can wait for one of the developers to reply, or there's a development team for another plug-in for Project64 that might have more for you.
http://www.emuxhaven.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16

NegroCollegeFund
6th April 2009, 08:43 PM
This is rather confusing I'm not too savvy with these types of things. I checked out that link there but couldn't quite determine if I'd accomplish my goals with that and I didn't want to go through all the steps as I figured I'd end up in the same position. I did donate but I think I've got an older version I'm slightly lazy when it comes to updating things other than my vid drivers. I've enclosed a screenshot to show a bit of detail. If this was an issue that would require a personal fix for my own means I'd be willing to contract the work for some additional donations. I've been trying to get this working for a really long time now, if you google Horizontal Span you'll see the misery involved. I was never really a PC gamer until I started messing with Perfect Dark on my old pc and then saw the need for upgrades. Now I have a sweet rig and due to an nvidia fail I'm begging someone to provide me with means to have either 3940 x 1200 (16:5 WS) windowed or the program to acknowledge both monitors when it fullscreens, via any means necessary. For all I know, I may have the ability and just not know how. Perhaps its just a line in an ini file or and additional line in a dll. But I really require this to live it was just so awesome when it worked :(

http://rbomb.epicbox.net/rtool/files/y8y5yx5oob_13.jpeg

Edit: ya'll need spoiler tags

HatCat
7th April 2009, 02:59 AM
Do you want this resolution when playing Project64 in windowed mode, full screen mode, or both for your two monitors?

I'm surprised the windowed resolutions read your card for a list like that, but if the full screen resolution of that specific setting doesn't show your card or video drivers obviously don't signal it to the plug-in.

I have some other things for us to try tomorrow.

NegroCollegeFund
7th April 2009, 08:33 AM
Do you want this resolution when playing Project64 in windowed mode, full screen mode, or both for your two monitors?

I know that pj64 will emulate on both screens so just having the ability to resize the window would be the simplest fix. This could be achieved by either having some custom sizes to choose from or a means of adding one myself. Again that would be to play it windowed across 2 screens.

I would prefer to play in full screen mode, however, that would probably be a much harder task for whomever to add dual monitor support rather than just forcing a windowed resolution in pj64.

So yes, either will do. The game plays across 2 monitors but just aint big enough. Also, why is pj64 not resizable? Like when you put your mouse on the edge of a window and it turns into the resize arrow <-->. if I could do that it would just be a matter of stretching the window to each edge.

HatCat
8th April 2009, 12:04 AM
Try installing Glide64.
http://glide64.emuxhaven.net/

In the downloaded archive file GLIDE3X.DLL goes in the same folder as Project64.exe, and the Glide64 files go in that emulator's Project64\Plugin folder.

To use this plug-in (Options:Settings...) in Project64 to change plug-ins.

Right now this third-party plug-in has more support for various resolutions and aspect ratios, but after things clear up for Jabo he might try to implement this flexibility you have pointed out for the windowed resolution.

NegroCollegeFund
8th April 2009, 08:29 PM
Installed it. Its very nice but did not help me achieve my goals. Are their any quicker means of a fix than waiting for said gentleman?

HatCat
9th April 2009, 01:58 AM
Although I am positive that the resolution support in this plug-in's configuration is wider, I did not think it to have what you had in mind for exact.

Remember that for customized resolutions in windowed mode, Jabo's Direct3D does have a resolution distortion modifier in the "Rom Settings" tab when you go to configure that plug-in.

And then in full screen is entirely up to your graphics hardware and drivers, and there is no bypassing that.

That's all I really have at this point, so I am afraid there is not much other option than if Jabo would return soon to give more information. Thanks for your co-operation.

NegroCollegeFund
10th April 2009, 06:41 PM
Any way one of these project 64 fellas could just code me something in exchange for a sizable predetermined donation? I really just wanna play perfect dark on my 2 monitors, no one knows why my horizontal span option doesnt work. Another option that I'm not even sure will work is some "triplehead2go" which costs 300$ and as I mentioned I'm am not even sure it will work. Please help

HatCat
11th April 2009, 02:54 AM
In this option you may have to wait for Jabo. He's the coder behind the graphics emulation engine.
http://forum.pj64-emu.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=5

If you do not want to wait, you will likely get more information from the Glide64 development team. Try to join EmuXHaven to post.
http://www.emuxhaven.net/forums/