PDA

View Full Version : Banjo Kazooie savegame needed

MelvinSmiley
7th April 2009, 04:13 PM
I need a savegame for Banjo Kazooie right after Gobi's Desert. PJ 64 corrupted my old save and I really want to finish this great game. Please help.

MelvinSmiley
7th April 2009, 09:51 PM
It does, because I collected almost all of them as far as I can remember. Just a couple of jigsaws between the worlds remained. Anyway, if you just got a savegame where more jigsaws have to be found than in my save i'd still be grateful if you could give me that. Beats playing the game from the start. Thx for your help.

MelvinSmiley
7th April 2009, 09:56 PM
by "all of them" i mean up to gobi's desert of course, haven't been in the last three worlds of the game in my save.

HatCat
8th April 2009, 12:15 AM
Were you using instant saving or any cheats?

MelvinSmiley
8th April 2009, 12:28 AM
I don't know exactly what you mean by instant saving, i used the pj64 save function (no save slot in special, pj64 does the slot mapping for each game). Also no cheats.

HatCat
8th April 2009, 12:53 AM
There is another save file in folder Project64\Save...shouldn't that also have your progress before the save state was corrupted?

The save function you used dealt with save state files (or zipped images of exact positions in games), and these can sometimes get corrupted. But this game still saves automatically in the battery file, so what happened to that copy?

MelvinSmiley
8th April 2009, 01:20 AM
I had to format my hard disk drive and before doing so I copied the /Project64/save folder to my external hd drive and after reinstalling the OS and Project 64 i just put the savegame folder in Project 64 dir. Worked fine with every game I had on Project 64, just the Banjo Kazooie save state got corrupted. PJ64 even recognizes that there is a Banjo Kazooie save state but refuses to load ("Could not load Banjo-Kazooie.pj) I really need a Banjo Kazooie save game for that reason.

MelvinSmiley
8th April 2009, 01:31 AM
hm, just took a close look at the copied save folder and there is just an .eep and .mpk file of Banjo Kazooie but no .zip file like other games in that folder have. I am quite sure to have copied the whole /Project64/save/folder though.

This whole "your savegames don't work anymore after you reinstalled your OS" mess is one of the reasons I'm about to turn my back on PC gaming and just play games on my modded Xbox/Xbox 360 further on.

HatCat
8th April 2009, 02:16 AM
The EEP file is the save. Have you tried loading that?
The ZIP file missing for whatever reason would be the save state you have looked for.

MelvinSmiley
8th April 2009, 04:58 AM
Yes i have. As i mentioned i copied this whole damn save folder, didn't work though. Am i right to assume that no one can provide savestates for any n64 games in this forum? Maybe someone has a link to a homepage that can? Would be really greatful for any kind of help 'cause i really want to finish this game but i won't play it from the start. If no one can give me a save state, this game will be dead to me.

HatCat
9th April 2009, 01:23 AM
And of course you didn't try loading the EEP file manually? It stores everything you would need; the save state is just a bit extra. Files like EEP extension are loaded automatically when the game starts. If your entire game profile is blank that means not only did the save state get deleted, but the battery save was wiped.

It's not that we can't provide you with a save state for given points; it's just that we don't necessarily have as much time as you do--seeing as you have played the game. I have beaten the whole game, myself, but that doesn't mean I know more than you do.

So if the backup you made was just as wiped again the idea is the same; you have more information than any of us can have. Provided you know what an EEP file is and didn't try to load that like a save state, I guess the only option is if you're willing to wait it's been a while since I've had some fun. I can re-play through the game myself and keep you updated.

MelvinSmiley
15th April 2009, 11:00 PM
Yeah well, by asking for a save state i didn't mean to make anybody play a game from the beginning that they have already completed. It would have been nice though if anybody had had a save state on the spot that could help me out. Since that's not the case this thing is finished for me which is a quite a pity given that Banjo Kazooie is a great game. I'll just try to save within the games from now on. Shame on you PJ64 for having corrupted my save game.

P.S Why do you think i have more time than you do? I don't, that's the reason I'm going to leave this game unfinished.

HatCat
15th April 2009, 11:47 PM
I'll just try to save within the games from now on.

This is done automatically.

You played the game; you had the time. You may certainly not have had as much time as I do--I'm not specifying myself--we're just not used to being asked for a save state of a partially completed game at an exact progress. There's an infinite number of those to collect, so at least I found it rather hard to expect.