PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time; Any safe way to use this cheat?

Yoshermon
11th April 2009, 02:13 AM
Ok, so on Legend of Zelda OoT there is a cheat that lets you change from child Link to adult Link (and via seversa) by holding R when going through a door. However, it is very sensitive and if you don't have very good timing, simply pressing the R button will crash the game.

So does anyone know if there is any way to make this cheat safer? At the very least, is there any way to make it so the game won't crash if I don't use it perfectly? Or is there some kind of trick to using the cheat right?

PS: This is my first post here so I'm sorry if this has been posted before.

HatCat
11th April 2009, 03:01 AM
Cheats are always risky, but you can try configuring the game settings to use the interpreter.

Yoshermon
11th April 2009, 03:33 AM
What does that do?

Mdkcheatz
11th April 2009, 04:01 AM
Actually I have the perfect solution mate! Simply making the cheat safer is too much effort if even possible. What I suggest you do, is to save your state before using the cheat code. that way if it crashes you will be safe. ^^

Yoshermon
11th April 2009, 04:11 AM
Well I know that, it doesn't do serious damage to the game or emulator or anything but it does crash the program. There have been a few moments where I got lucky and the cheat worked without crashing, however each time was after several attempts (May I never see that cutscene where Ganondorf tries to bring down the castle again! Thank god for the ability to remove the fps limit.) and several crashings of Project 64.

The safest way I can use the cheat is if I do it at the main menu, holding R while choosing a game file. While it's nice, it would be nicer if I didn't have to restart the game over and over again to switch between old and young Link (going to the Temple of Time is too much work; I accidentally screwed up the warp song locations and I can't warp there anymore. Not to mention the fact that I have to go through the stupid forest temple to get from old Link to young Link. Uggg.).
It would be nice if someone could find out any possible cheat to switch between old and young link automatically when you go through a door, however I feel like that isn't going to happen anytime soon......

GarryMan
24th May 2009, 02:52 AM
Well I know that, it doesn't do serious damage to the game or emulator or anything but it does crash the program. There have been a few moments where I got lucky and the cheat worked without crashing, however each time was after several attempts (May I never see that cutscene where Ganondorf tries to bring down the castle again! Thank god for the ability to remove the fps limit.) and several crashings of Project 64.

The safest way I can use the cheat is if I do it at the main menu, holding R while choosing a game file. While it's nice, it would be nicer if I didn't have to restart the game over and over again to switch between old and young Link (going to the Temple of Time is too much work; I accidentally screwed up the warp song locations and I can't warp there anymore. Not to mention the fact that I have to go through the stupid forest temple to get from old Link to young Link. Uggg.).
It would be nice if someone could find out any possible cheat to switch between old and young link automatically when you go through a door, however I feel like that isn't going to happen anytime soon......

Whtf, the cheat doesn't even work for me. When do I even press R?

furret
1st January 2010, 07:08 AM
Hmm...or maybe because you haven't obtained your master sword yet...