PDA

View Full Version : Drag ROM to executable to launch !

Burnout
13th April 2009, 04:00 PM
Hi !

Is there any way to make it able to drag a ROM file to the Project64 exe to start the ROM ?

Cause if you try now it just says "Attempt to open file failed".

It would be very nice if there where a fix or something for this, because its a problem if you want to launch Roms in Project64 through XBMC and skip the "gray menu" in PJ64 !

Thanks in Advance !

tgp1994
13th April 2009, 10:25 PM
Hmm... one possible reason it could be saying that is because the ROM file is corrupted. I'm not sure if my way will be any different, but you could have P64 associate with all known ROM file types, (in the options menu), then you could try launching that specific rom by double clicking on it.

HatCat
14th April 2009, 12:12 AM
Change the settings for the shell integration feature.

Choose "Settings..." from the menu "Options".
Advanced settings must not have been hidden on configuration start. See if the checkbox for hiding these settings is marked ("Options" tab of this configuration dialoge).
There is a tab "Shell Integration". Extensions marked here will be analyzed when opening files in the manner you mentioned (e.g. drag-and-drop).

tgp1994
14th April 2009, 12:21 AM

Advanced settings must not have been hidden on configuration start. See if the checkbox for hiding these settings is marked ("Options" tab of this configuration dialoge).
There is a tab "Shell Integration". Extensions marked here will be analyzed when opening files in the manner you mentioned (e.g. drag-and-drop).

Exactly what I was looking for :)

Burnout
18th April 2009, 09:31 PM

Thanks !

It wasn't exactly what i looked for but it turned out useful anyways and i at last got the problem solved.

CA5
21st April 2009, 08:27 PM
Nice one, RJ. That's quite cool :)

mw90
23rd June 2009, 09:57 PM

This did not work for me im trying to get the roms to launch when i double click them but i get Attempt to open file failed, any ideas?

HatCat
25th June 2009, 11:55 PM
Refresh the list. F5 is the keyboard shortcut.