PDA

View Full Version : Cheat Help

SWFan
15th April 2009, 11:12 PM
Hello, i have a cheat problem with the game star wars shadows of the empire.

The cheat in perticular uses 2 sets of code, which i've found on GameShark Cheat Codes Site.

Here is the code :

881A5545 0003
881A5546 00E0

I've tried to enter it manually, based on similar codes which uses 2 sets. This is what my code looks like :

Cheat14="Level Cheats\Echo Base\Have All Weapons",801A7205 0003,801A7206 00E0

Can anyone help me out because when i press the GS Button i don't get all the weapons like i'm supposed to.

Thanks in advance for any useful replies.

HatCat
15th April 2009, 11:45 PM
There is an extended description given for those first codes.
"Cheat47="Level Cheats\Level 7 Xizor's Palace\GS Button For All Weapons",881A5545 0003, 881A5546 00E0"
Meaning this seems level-dependent as well

The second two codes don't really use the GS button. For some reason, certain sites (when searching those codes with Google) say they are, but because of the first two bits they definitively don't.

SWFan
16th April 2009, 07:04 PM
Eh? I don't quite get what your trying to tell me?

I wrote the following part of the code:

"Cheat47="Level Cheats\Level 7 Xizor's Palace\GS Button For All Weapons"

This is the actual codes :

881A5545 0003
881A5546 00E0

Now how can i make it work?

HatCat
17th April 2009, 12:19 AM
Huh, any relation to this resource?
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=31919

If the code doesn't work for you while you're in Xizor's Palace, you can always send me a save state. I can try to create my own cheat codes for this game; I know I managed to learn about the table structure in TWINE 007 to make a weapon modifier cheat there.

SWFan
17th April 2009, 12:52 AM
Yes! this is where i've found the codes, how did you know?

The "GS Button For All Weapons" codes doesn't work at all in any of the levels when not in space.

Here is a save in the begining of the last level, which is in space, thus you have all levels which needs the code.

Thank you so much for helping me out, its really appreciated.

Mdkcheatz
17th April 2009, 04:24 PM
Not too long ago I added many codes for this game and none of them worked... As for the reason and cause I was too lazy at the time to bother checking into this matter but when emucraze.com is finally mostly done I will go back and investigate this issue. For all I know it could be an issue with these codes needing a specific rom version or region sensitive like most n64 games.

HatCat
22nd April 2009, 02:50 AM
Alright I have been gaining some time recently, but in part I want to check if SWFan is still there.

Most games use a table format disabling generic codes through the formal debugging research I do. If this turns out to be nominally well, I may end up only being able to write (albeit guaranteed) cheat codes that are level-, difficulty-, and etc. dependent.

In case you have any specific wishes please state these. Thanks

--Yes regions and release build updates can offset some things.

SWFan
25th April 2009, 03:26 AM
Alright I have been gaining some time recently, but in part I want to check if SWFan is still there.

Most games use a table format disabling generic codes through the formal debugging research I do. If this turns out to be nominally well, I may end up only being able to write (albeit guaranteed) cheat codes that are level-, difficulty-, and etc. dependent.

In case you have any specific wishes please state these. Thanks

--Yes regions and release build updates can offset some things.
Yes i'm still here, been checking every 2 days, thanks.

I'm using Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire (U) (V1.0) [!].z64 with PJ64 v1.6
RDB v1.6.015

What i would love is all the weapons in all the non-space levels or if you prefer all the on-foot Levels, and to have the jetpack(all weapons aswell) in Level 3 Ord Mantell Junkyard.

Thanks alot for your time & efforts, its appreciated :)

SWFan
4th May 2009, 08:16 PM
Just to let you know i'm still here :)

HatCat
5th May 2009, 03:01 AM
Thanks so much for your patience...I don't know how to play this game.

I am still looking at the third level you specified. I have yet to figure out how to jump over the first obstacle really.

I am used to still environments where I can go between areas to pick up weapons. In this scenario I could only die, so I created an Infinite Health cheat that works just for this level.

8019258D 003F
801A71E9 00C8

Haven't tested on other versions yet. Tonight I am out on time. You deserve much more time from me than this, so I'll keep this thread in mind when I get back tomorrow afternoon.

Also, this research shows most codes I can make are going to be level-dependent, so feel free to specify which levels you want modifiers on. I will probably have fun creating codes for all of them actually.

SWFan
5th May 2009, 03:12 AM
Thanks so much for your patience...I don't know how to play this game.

I am still looking at the third level you specified. I have yet to figure out how to jump over the first obstacle really.

I am used to still environments where I can go between areas to pick up weapons. In this scenario I could only die, so I created an Infinite Health cheat that works just for this level.

8019258D 003F
801A71E9 00C8

Haven't tested on other versions yet. Tonight I am out on time. You deserve much more time from me than this, so I'll keep this thread in mind when I get back tomorrow afternoon.

Also, this research shows most codes I can make are going to be level-dependent, so feel free to specify which levels you want modifiers on. I will probably have fun creating codes for all of them actually.
Thanks Big Head(Yeah, i remember you), its appreciated. I'll try this code later and give you a feedback.

HatCat
8th May 2009, 02:40 AM
Take your time....

I did write that a little bit in BigHead's style, didn't I? It would seem my astrological placement is compatible with his of the Chinese stars...but enough about that.

SWFan
10th May 2009, 12:45 AM
Oh, sorry for the mistake.

I hope you'll be able to find codes for all ammo/weapons for the 3rd level, and i think its impossible to have the jetpack in that level, like you said as soon your off abit the player dies.

HatCat
10th May 2009, 04:08 PM
I don't know how to play though...how do I jump so that I don't die? :D
Well my invincibility code kinda disregards that so, off I go then. I'll let you know.

I can get you any weapon--for just that one single level--once I can switch between at least two weapons. Obviously I haven't made it far enough in the level to find another weapon.

However the infinite health cheat code I wrote proves almost that this weapon modifier code will be level-dependent.
That is fine though. If you want, once I can get this figured out, theoretically I could track down the addresses for all the other levels as well, and the values table remains constant.

SWFan
12th May 2009, 02:26 AM
I don't know how to play though...how do I jump so that I don't die? :D
Well my invincibility code kinda disregards that so, off I go then. I'll let you know.

I can get you any weapon--for just that one single level--once I can switch between at least two weapons. Obviously I haven't made it far enough in the level to find another weapon.

However the infinite health cheat code I wrote proves almost that this weapon modifier code will be level-dependent.
That is fine though. If you want, once I can get this figured out, theoretically I could track down the addresses for all the other levels as well, and the values table remains constant.Any weapon on that level... that would make me very happy :D For the other level its ok, i have them for all levels, except of course for the Level 3 Ord Mantell Junkyard and all its parts, cause all the Levels are in parts or should i say objectives.

Thanks alot! (I know i'm reapeting my self, bu your help is appreciated)

SWFan
24th May 2009, 03:42 PM
Just to let you know that i'm still here ;)

HatCat
27th May 2009, 12:08 AM
First I'm going to talk a bit about my method.
I don't do any of the disassembly and structure research. This more professional method leads generally to more power to create changes, but what I do can sometimes be more solid, precise, accurate, and less likely to intervene with other memory changes.

A few tools support this, but currently the beta here of Project64 lets you track conditions to single out memory addresses based on what they are set to, comparing them through time or if they have not changed since the last check, and sometimes other methods.
I'm not going to like write an essay or anything, but to preserve the correct target addresses I did a compare-based search. Change your weapon a lot, then kill and die with the same weapon and say memory unchanged (changing the level will definitely help, tons of other ways), but even then there can still be tens of possibilities. I have narrowed down the following change log.

After switching to Seeker:

Addr Old New
------ ---- ----
110750 00FC 0000
11075D 00D7 0018
11075F 00B9 0000
1A7161 0003 0000

After switching to Laser:

Addr Old New
------ ---- ----
110750 0000 00FC
11075D 0018 00D7
11075F 0000 00B9
1A7161 0000 0003

However since Level 3 was way too hard for me to find other weapons, gah it took me forever to realize B was for jumping, it's just some railway when you're in constant motion, so I guess there's no weapons? So I did all this in level 4.

So now the best thing for me to do is to test all four of these. I'm sure without a doubt some of them will load the GUI like they did for my research project for the TWINE 007 weapon modifiers. I'm just logging this here for now so I have a backup, and I'll have this post edited sometime soon.
---
ok summary
0x1A7161 is the address controlling your ammunition...with this written to the value is essentially the value of the weapon, based on the results from firing.
The other three...seem to do nothing conspicuous...I'd have thought they would control the actual geometry and display shown in the character's hand, but with only this address written to everything seems under control...or not since there seems to be an issue now with updating the text.

Why don't you give this cheat a shot?
801A7161 00??
Replace ?? with some kind of ID. Apparently 03 is used by the Seeker, and 00 is used by the Laser. 01 is some weapon called the Pulse, but I haven't researched how to give it ammo yet. Ammo is probably a whole new cheat code based on the individual weapon...so we'll see about that later.

Try plugging in different IDs there, since you can name these weapons better than I can. Try to make a table of modifier values.
Thanks once again for your patience.

Reminder: This cheat only works for level 4.