PDA

View Full Version : More LLE goodness

zilmar
7th May 2007, 12:31 AM
Ziggy on emutalk released a very experimental LLE graphics plugins for N64 that he started to develop about a month ago. He has called it Z64. It is originally based on the excellent work of Ville Linde in Mame/Mess, even though there isn't much of his own code left, it was the starting point of this project. This will run on project64 1.6. So if you want something new to play with and try LLE graphics emulation for your self give it a try.
You can get all the binaries and information from this emutalk thread (http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=40640).

ShadowFX
7th May 2007, 07:39 AM
It is still very experimental (may be unstable on 1.7), but it's definitely worth checking out! 8)

HatCat
7th May 2007, 01:05 PM
Quit rubbing it in, will you? :( :P

You might probably also want to emphasize that it requires full OpenGL 2.0 support, which is the main reason why I'm fucked.

mudlord
7th May 2007, 03:43 PM
You might probably also want to emphasize that it requires full OpenGL 2.0 support, which is the main reason why I'm f**ked.

Yeah, it needs a fully complaint OGL2.0 3D card ;D

Adding from EMu-LoRd's comments, it definately something to see for yourself, its extremely impressive considering the time in development :)

Brichs
8th May 2007, 05:18 AM
Could someone explain what the whole deal about LLE graphics is? Explain it to a n00b, please...

mudlord
8th May 2007, 01:46 PM
Sure thing.

The whole deal with LLE graphics emulation is that it is very accurate (and some people its the "proper" way to do emulation). LLE involves emulating the chips of the N64, unlike HLE, which emulates the driver software of games. This means, compatibility is theorectically a lot higher than with HLE plugins, since everything is emulated on a low level. Also, this means that plugin programmers don't also have to hack and decipher game microcode (which can be time consuming), to emulate in HLE. The downside is a large speed hit associated with this increased emulation.

Brichs
9th May 2007, 01:33 AM
Thanks a lot.

ShadowFX
9th May 2007, 11:02 AM
And that downside of LLE will probably fade in the future, be it with heavy optimizations or when faster hardware becomes available (in this case, the CPU).

Anonymous
10th May 2007, 05:24 AM
Where do ya Download PJ64 :) I wanna chek it out

mudlord
10th May 2007, 04:29 PM
The public downloads for 1.6 should be easy to find on here. However, for access to the 1.7 DL area, you need to be a member of this site and have a username and password for it.

Anonymous
11th May 2007, 08:59 PM
Im having trouble with my Project64. It keeps freezing wen i play my pokemon stadium for some reason. wat can i do to fix this?

Anonymous
11th May 2007, 09:00 PM
Im having trouble with Project 64. When i play Pokemon Stadium 2, it freezes at certain points in the game. What is wrong with it and what can i do to fix it? Thx

mudlord
14th May 2007, 07:05 PM
how do i download *excessive smilies*

To download it, you click on the link zilmar provided. Also, you need a fairly powerful system for the LLE graphics plugin to run right....

Anonymous
15th May 2007, 08:27 AM
im a bit bored comeing here lol nm Happening

Anonymous
17th May 2007, 01:07 PM
hear please... would have to include support to emulate the games that use dd64 pliz ;D

mudlord
23rd May 2007, 04:03 PM
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=40640.

There.

Anonymous
1st June 2007, 08:22 PM
Man i will be happy if the graphics looks good. I don't mind of switching video plugins for playing this classic games. I am nintendo follower.

Anonymous
7th June 2007, 09:09 AM
I have a problem with this, i can't configure the plug-in nor can i start any game =|

Anonymous
5th July 2007, 03:27 PM
LLE involves emulating the chips of the N64
Like how the north american ps3 emulates all ps2 games and the australian ps3 dosn't have this and has to use patches and still sucks?

Anonymous
21st July 2007, 08:15 PM
I tried it out, it works pretty darn good on Majora's Mask, could use some AA, and AF though, looks a bit grainy, but ran smooth as butter, and seemed to render shadows and such that had been missing under other plugins too, or maybe it was the lack of AA making them more noticeable, not sure.. Looks pretty good though, for the short amount of dev time its seen.. :D

I did experience one problem though, the HUD(zelda in-game hud to be clear) vanished for about 30 seconds, and my menu's got all screwy then it fixed itself and was fine...

All in all its looking pretty good so far, I am about to go test some other games out and see how it works with them... Can't wait to try out 007 Golden Eye, and Conkers Bad Fur Day..

Btw, on an unrelated note, you guys should release the beta 1.7 to the public, don't be stingy now.. ;)

(I mainly just want the cheat editor, the other stuff looks cool, but I love making new cool cheats for games, and can't find any plugin to do this for Pj64, I seen something about PCS, but the site was down, so, eh, seems i'm stuck till you release something..)

Peace

Anonymous
15th August 2007, 09:55 PM
is the anstriscopic and full screen anti-analising (or watever is called)
controlled by graphic card? and is the requirement for iqx2 and hqx2 and all those other filters strain the card more.
What filters will the defualt graphic plugin have? because the beta still only has super sal x2

Explain to a NOOB

Anonymous
28th September 2007, 08:55 AM
Maybe isn't the most wanted update, but i'd like to know if you could do some kind of 3D capture system in your video plugin, of course i've seen and tested those plugins, but most of them work on OpenGlide and most of them capture wrong the math physic, most of them doesn't export the textures and the ones who does it doesn't dump'em right, and with the one's which export maps,tiles or textures doesnt skin in the model right (not so much problem, 3DS Max can do everything) but it'll be nicer to export the scene,frame,screen as we see in the screen, and 4 good sake.. can it be dumped in a good format? VRML is cool but has a lot of errors and worst compatibility, even the .obj files are nice than those... huuu.... a'ight i really hoppe you'll read my post because is the only site i've found that keep the post working.

squall_leonhart
6th October 2007, 08:58 PM
Btw, on an unrelated note, you guys should release the beta 1.7 to the public, don't be stingy now.. smilies/wink.gif

at this point, a controlled beta is alot easier to manage then having 10,000 people with know idea how to report a bug doing so on the emutalk forums.

Anonymous
6th January 2008, 10:36 PM
Yeah, I feel ya on that one, I am a modder for several games, and you should see some of the bug reports I get.. ;)

Still, you should think about releasing the cheat plugin at the very least, something like what SNES9X uses would be fine with me, just so I can make simple cheats for games that have none..

But if not, its cool man, I guess I can wait till you release the real deal(1.7).. :)

Anyways, keep up the good work on this amazing N64 emu..

Peace

Anonymous
7th January 2008, 05:41 AM
how do i use it?

Anonymous
10th January 2008, 11:06 AM
could someone tell me why when i play the n64 the graphics won't show but the sound works please help me

Anonymous
10th January 2008, 11:10 AM
could someone tell me why when i play the n64 the graphics won't show but the sound works please help me ;D :( :o 8) :P :-\ :-* :'( :) ;)

Anonymous
10th January 2008, 11:14 AM
:'(could someone tell me why when i play the n64 the graphics won't show but the sound works please help me
write back :o

Anonymous
10th January 2008, 11:15 AM
:'(could someone tell me why when i play the n64 the graphics won't show but the sound works please help me
write back :o >:( :'( :-* :-\ 8) >:(

Anonymous
16th January 2008, 11:17 AM
Nevermind i fixed it but thanks everyone ;d

Anonymous
17th February 2008, 06:41 AM
does this fix the Kirby 64 problems?

Anonymous
17th February 2008, 08:54 AM
how do u donate things

Anonymous
17th February 2008, 08:55 AM
how do u download 1.7

Anonymous
15th March 2008, 02:11 PM
where do i get the games

Anonymous
22nd March 2008, 12:16 AM
u get games from limewire

Anonymous
17th April 2008, 03:07 PM
es super genial SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ea el numero 1 ;D ;D ;D