PDA

View Full Version : Site problem: took me like 5 attempts to log in

msw
17th April 2009, 09:01 PM
And I didn't type my password incorrectly. I have all my passwords saved in firefox. When that didn't work, I tried internet explorer, and it worked.

squall_leonhart
18th April 2009, 04:48 PM
login to the forum first.

HatCat
20th April 2009, 10:38 PM
To see if I can relate to this, did you actually get an error message about a failure to log in (maybe unrecognized credentials) to follow up with this failure?

Mdkcheatz
20th April 2009, 10:50 PM
Actually I had an issue whereby pj64-emu.com appeared to not log me in, but logging in and when it still wants you to log in you just have to click the login button and suddenly it fixed, so essentially you just have to login once but click login after you login.... hm confusing but those who do this know what I mean!:)

HatCat
20th April 2009, 11:03 PM
Oh I see I'm not alone then, yeah for me differently enough I just had a refreshed page as if I had never logged in (same exact HTML) but need to re-enter my info again to actually log in.

CA5
21st April 2009, 08:14 PM
Well I gave it a try and I can login first attempt as per usual.

HatCat
22nd April 2009, 01:41 AM
Well I know using FireFox this isn't a problem then, but ever since before this forum section was created the old beta site subset had problems with cookies when I'd use IE7. There also used to be SQL error messages referencing my browser information.

msw
22nd April 2009, 02:27 AM
Well I gave it a try and I can login first attempt as per usual.

Oh it's worked fine since the day I wrote the original message. Sorry for not clearing that up sooner. It seems it was caused by a problem that only lasted a few hours...it happened on 2 different PC's though, so it wasn't just the PC.

HatCat
22nd April 2009, 02:39 AM
Tell if it happens again though 'cause this is random-occuring for me. / just consistently fixed when using FF

Mdkcheatz
22nd April 2009, 11:12 AM
Tell if it happens again though 'cause this is random-occuring for me.

Same here, but technically I only have to login once and just click the login buttin again and i'm in. Quite honestly, these extra 5 seconds I have to wait doesn't bother me one bit...:)

zilmar
23rd April 2009, 10:11 AM
Same here, but technically I only have to login once and just click the login buttin again and i'm in. Quite honestly, these extra 5 seconds I have to wait doesn't bother me one bit...:)

I think it has something to do with it expecting a cookie .. and since I do a lot of static caching on the main pages you do not get a cookie untill you do a post or something like that ..

tho I did look at it before and tried to remove it .. when I get some more time I will have a better look

Mdkcheatz
24th April 2009, 02:20 AM
I guess for now, loggin into the forums will have to be the temp solution..:)