PDA

View Full Version : Status messages in Full Screen

Jabo
24th June 2007, 02:16 PM
One of the things that bothers lots of people when they are full screen is that they don't know what's going on in the emulator when they use keyboard shortcuts for things like save states. A while ago zilmar and I added the capability to display messages to the user for this very purpose in full screen. In the last week or so I decided to make it a little bit nicer, I've also done this in another one of my emulators (hint, hint).
http://www.pj64-emu.com/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/blogimage.jpg
I think it looks rather cool actually, if it looks similar to media center, good, I intended to get it rather close. I will probably post a new build sometime into July 4th weekend that includes this update. Beta members will notice the time in the right hand side of the display, this is something quite a few people asked for I believe!

Breadwinka
OMG That looks also Im Looking Forward to the next build.

Anonymous
Well done!
Which other emu you are referring to?

Anonymous
24th June 2007, 02:17 PM
Yay! Jnes is still alive! 8) (Is it pronounced "Jay Ness"? [And yes, nes and ness have different sound meanings but that is going alittle off topic])

MikeSixer
24th June 2007, 02:17 PM
Good Job I was wondering how long it would take for another update

Anonymous
24th June 2007, 08:38 PM
Yes, it looks very nice! Keep up the work! The project is coming along very nicely.

Anonymous
25th June 2007, 02:19 AM
not bad nice work

ShadowFX
25th June 2007, 03:26 AM
Nice work, I'll be sure to try it on my HTPC :D
How's the emulation itself coming along?

Anonymous
25th June 2007, 07:38 AM
Awesome, the project is going well it seems.
I tried 1.7 at a friends house and i can just say that huge improvments have been made.

The games run muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch faster and everything is just better.

Hopefully 1.7 will be finished before christmasor early 2008.
Netplay is the only thing that i dont need since all i want is a emulator that emulates all games well. its impossible to emulate the n64 to 100%

Anonymous
26th June 2007, 01:46 AM
um i need to know how toget 1.7 will you ever put it up for download? ;)

mudlord
26th June 2007, 07:59 PM
um i need to know how toget 1.7 will you ever put it up for download?

You need to be a pj64-emu.com member to be able to download 1.7. And no, the betas will not be public.

Anonymous
28th June 2007, 04:10 AM
great news!!

thanks a lot ;)

Anonymous
29th June 2007, 01:54 AM
Hi!
I think it would be a great idea to play the multiplayer-games of N64 online!
For example we could play it with Kalliera. So we could have more fun to play the great N64 games!
Greetings,
Indy ;D

Anonymous
30th June 2007, 03:22 AM
hey have you guys fixed the netplay thing in version 1.7 yet, or are you saving that for later?

Anonymous
30th June 2007, 07:22 PM
Great I really think its good because sometimes I play fullscreen and sva the game fast with F5 and especially when I play in the dark its frustrating because sometimes I don`t know if I pushed the button hard enough and if the game is saved or not or if I even pushed the right one because I didn`t look on the screen for the short pause...Plus the clock,its excellent!! Might I recommend anothe addition? A built in updater,or at least a button to look for updates because the way we have to get it ourselves and innstall it ourselves is just too uncomfortable because you hope nothing special has been deleted or something...That`s all,see ya!

Anonymous
1st July 2007, 04:47 AM
How can I get 1.7? I'd donate but the donations are closed and have been for ages. Whats the point of teasing us with new features when you arent going to let us have them?

Anonymous
1st July 2007, 07:05 AM
How do i dl PJ 64? Cant see any links or anything...

Anonymous
2nd July 2007, 07:37 AM
its a great emulator. it runs games better than the previous version.

Anonymous
2nd July 2007, 07:47 AM
how do i get project 64

Anonymous
2nd July 2007, 11:36 AM
jabo i need help but i cant find you, im at emutalk. :(

Anonymous
2nd July 2007, 12:43 PM
Cool what am i doing

Anonymous
4th July 2007, 09:41 AM
Does anyone in the developing group know Josh Raper? (BTW that is his real name, im not trying to be funny

Anonymous
5th July 2007, 03:22 PM
Can i turn this new feature off, looks really annoying?
is there a link where i can see all the features of 1.7?
And is 1.7 going to emulate the whoomps properly in mario kart 64?, if so an option to stop this would be good.

Anonymous
6th July 2007, 10:02 AM
You get PJ64 by downloading 1.6 from the download page, or by contributing $20.00 USD and downloading 1.7 from the beta download page.

Also, to the person with the 1.5 problem, I'd update to 1.6 which can be downloaded here.

I also favor the "Check for update..." option as expressed above.

Anonymous
7th July 2007, 06:01 PM
ya ok i guess its good for like playing n64 on ur cpu but people use it the cheat which is dum >:( :P :-\ 8)

Anonymous
10th July 2007, 06:11 AM
just for me
ameliration on compatibility p64 1.7 to vista crash
thanks
thcusss

geniv
10th July 2007, 02:28 PM
I can't wait till a never version of 1.7 comes out. been using 1.7 for a while and it's awesome.

definitely worth the $20. besides since you people pirate all those game roms just get the pay the $20.

Anonymous
10th July 2007, 04:30 PM
i want project64 net play u have to code a new netplay :) never lags

Anonymous
10th July 2007, 04:37 PM
is bery good

Anonymous
12th July 2007, 02:31 PM
ill tell some bugs

in kirby the life bar is bad
in mario tennis (jap)you cannot see the ball effects
in resident evil 2 you can see yourself and zombies throug walls
in zelda majora when you have the cool effect when putting the masks the game runs slower in some pc's
1080 is still slow
fixing the matrix mode (and the pause) in conker bads fur day would be good
in zelda oot the start menu has some slow downs (when opening is still a bit small time before it opens and when changing the eqipment the clothes dont change faster)
pokemon snap still doesnt recognize pkmn signs (very important because you cant finish the game)
starcraft 64 still looks bad but it looks better than before

well another thing is working on the transfer pak in pkmn stadium for the jabo plugin(because you cant play the game boy game in the pkmn stadium game in the nrage plugin)

well im not telling you to do this only giving you some bugs to work for

hope this helps in improving the emulator
=) :) :)

Anonymous
14th July 2007, 12:25 AM
i cant w8 for project64 to come out ;D

Anonymous
14th July 2007, 05:41 AM
my net is Internet speed: 334 kilobits per second. and ping to hi for netplay i want new netplay bad.. i just cant play netplay public one :(
cos of ping

netplay ever be 100% never :(

Anonymous
16th July 2007, 08:07 AM
i need project1.7, with ky for "exit" key "escape" is possible Jabo?

Anonymous
17th July 2007, 04:40 AM
hey i have the old project 64 and it wont let me play it cause i dont have the plugins then i got the plugins then it still wouldent let me!! >:(

plz tell me how 2 do it

Anonymous
17th July 2007, 02:09 PM
Is the ultimate goal of PJ64 to emulate every good ROM 100% (or as near to 100%)? I mean in 50 years (if we get there) when N64's are ancient history, I'd like to still be able to play some Goldeneye :)

Anonymous
18th July 2007, 10:25 AM
perfect ;)

Anonymous
19th July 2007, 10:43 AM
Will you still be working on Pj64 Jabo are any of the team members of
pj64?

Because I'm getting worried with the long delay i know that emulating is time consuming but almost a month of no information that a bit over bored
look at this pj64 notice the one's can't donate or wondering what you are doing in Pj64 beta like in full detail what's happening with the beta oh and one more thing try to work on performance not always working hard on compatibleness.

Anonymous
19th July 2007, 10:46 AM
oops lot of grammar mistake's have to rewrite it. :D

Anonymous
20th July 2007, 02:54 AM
This web is great. :d

Anonymous
21st July 2007, 05:05 PM
Project 64 1.7 is out now? or release at end of 2007? Please let me know. thanks

Anonymous
25th July 2007, 06:58 PM
What the heck is wrong with you people

Anonymous
26th July 2007, 12:36 PM
Pessoal. Vamos acalmar! Antes de tudo sugiro q façam aulas de inglês, pois eu tenho apenas 13 anos e entendo tudo. Agora, se querem o pj64 mais novo, vã naquele botãozinho escrito downloads. Depois,vão em binnaries e lá peguem a versão 1.6 , pq a 1.7 eh soh pra os criadores do emu por enquanto. Pj64 group: I think I am the only one here who can speak portuguese and english. If you want my help´to translate the site, I'll be happy to help. The brazilians are asking a portuguese version of this site or simply a only page explaning how to download in portuguese. If you want my help e-mail me: maudfer@uol.com.br my father was a beta user in 1999 and he helped pj64-emu. he was shadowman. So I am Shadowboy. Please e-mail me. Jabo, I want your help in a project I am doing. There is a bug and I cant fix it. if you can, e-mail me.

Anonymous
26th July 2007, 01:58 PM
I tired to use PJ64 for the first time in ages today and yes i have the current version and the update, but it came up with "Memory allocation failed" on every ROM i tried to play (and i have quite a few)

Any one know whats wrong , and how my problem can be fixed (yes i have checked the FAQ and cant find anything of the sort there)

Anonymous
27th July 2007, 09:57 AM
it's great that you people continue working in this emulator, but unfortunely I can't use the last version (beta 1.7...) cause i don't have the money... it's a shame... i hope that in a near future you make a new public version.

bye

Anonymous
28th July 2007, 01:31 AM
The "Memory allocation failed" error was fixed for me once I restarted my computer. I hope it's that easy for the rest of you having the problem. 8)

Anonymous
28th July 2007, 10:59 AM
Hey, why the donations? My father was beta user of version 1.3 (the first) and he dont donated. he only was a helper, cause he is a programmer. With the donations, many programmer who could be a great help dont enter the project. why donations? can the human work without being paid? now I know because you are the only emu group that dont ends suddently the project: you have money...

Anonymous
28th July 2007, 11:02 AM
sorry, it wasnt the first, it was the first that works... hã, good...

Anonymous
28th July 2007, 10:45 PM
Many people must keep Windows XP, because Vista is not good for people. That waste our money because companies are fault make too many mistake and debugger on Vista. We suggest all people must keep Windows XP for a long time. Faster load Operating System than Vista. XP is top 1#! 8) We will stay on Windows XP with Project 1.7 and above. Windows Vista take too much memory and slow our computers. XP use 64 MB to 384 MB RAM, 2 MB Video Card, and 2 to 4 GB Hard Drive space. Vista take about 512 MB to 1 GB RAM, 64 MB video card, and take 15 GB Hard drive space. Vista take too much! wow! We need keep XP now and in the future. Good luck to you and all of people. :)

Anonymous
29th July 2007, 06:35 PM
Hi everybody. I am a Brazilian, and my english is horrible OK.
This emulator is very good. IS the best emulator
tanks USA

Te amo Estados Unidos (I love you United States) ;)

Anonymous
3rd August 2007, 05:25 PM
Where do you download Project64?

Anonymous
12th August 2007, 01:18 AM
Wow very good>

Anonymous
12th August 2007, 01:40 AM
how do u download pj64 iv been trying for a long time >:(

Anonymous
12th August 2007, 02:35 PM
http://www.pj64-emu.com/downloads/Download/Project64/Binaries/

Anonymous
12th August 2007, 11:24 PM
hurry up and get the donation back up !! hehe :P

Anonymous
13th August 2007, 01:50 PM
i've tried playing mystical ninja and the game runs very very slow with 1.7 maybe if you try and fix problems this game some other ones might work flawlessly after

Anonymous
14th August 2007, 11:49 AM
esta wea no sirve pa na acen puro perder el tiempo

Anonymous
15th August 2007, 04:20 PM
the book zonde table

Anonymous
16th August 2007, 12:36 PM
Hey all of that roms work on my computer with GREAT GREAT GREAT image (better than the original nint 64) and the issues and bugs is now exceptions. I use v. 1.6. Perhaps it is yours computers: I know that nvidia drivers fix a lot of ocarina of time, conkers, wave race, and mario kart (not the monitor :-\ ), but the driver only works with nvidea grphics card... My processor is AMD sempron 1.6 GHZ

Anonymous
16th August 2007, 12:38 PM
On my computer, wth v.1.6 the only known issue is the mario kart monitor. the other games and the rest of mario kart is PERFECT AND THE IMAGE IS TO GREAT BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL NINTENDO 64!!!!!! :o :o ;D ;D

Anonymous
16th August 2007, 01:20 PM
you should put something to record your gameplay and share, or to make a amv

Anonymous
16th August 2007, 07:03 PM
Hey shadowboy! Ever tried Paper Mario and Mario Tennis :P ?
Anyway:WHEN THE HELL WILL BE DONATIONS UP?????
I want to have 1.7 already!! I know you are all working hard on the whole thing (or not) but if you get the Donations page down it's like working for free. Because if you finish and throw 1.7 out free and bring the donations page up AFTER that,you will lose a lot of money! >_> Like for I aint sending you 20$ when it will come out. Maybe later when Betas of 1.8 come out.

Anonymous
17th August 2007, 03:04 PM
Yes I tired! paper mario is PERFECT wthout bugs, but mario tennis have some issues like replay bugs and ball missing. Please note that for each game I tried the best grphics configuration, that can be reached by: options, configure graphics plugin, advanced. First of all stop hiding advanced options! :P
And I think that 1.7 will need too an fast computer, with a good graphics card. :(

Anonymous
17th August 2007, 03:07 PM
I have a gforce 6200 graphics card with nvidea driver and an AMD sempron 1.6 GHZ
;)

Anonymous
17th August 2007, 04:07 PM
I want 1.7! I would dontate but its closed. I heard that in 1.7 the flickering in Paper Mario is fixed. Its so annoying and I would like to go to the town for once without having to worry about my eyes hurting!!

Anonymous
18th August 2007, 03:56 AM
can we ues pay pal wen it comes back i dont know ?

or ebay ///?? :S

Anonymous
18th August 2007, 04:29 AM
The flickering in paper mario is fixed on 1.6, but you need a good graphics card, and u need to configure the graphics plugin correctly!!! ;)

Anonymous
18th August 2007, 07:14 PM
I wish you guys would come out with a release soon.

Anonymous
19th August 2007, 11:33 AM
Hi guys! I think you will be sad with this information: the version 1.7 is great and fix bugs, but it needs an more faster computer than 1.6, and a fast processor. As I said previosly, its MUCH better and faster with nvidea graphics card and nvidea driver. 8)

Anonymous
19th August 2007, 11:43 AM
Ayway, its good to have v.1.7
as I suspected, it needs a faster computer than 1.6, but its without bugs! ;D

Anonymous
20th August 2007, 07:30 AM
I hope perfect emulation of Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Donkey Kong 64, Zelda and Pokémon Stadium 1 & 2. Please, turn it into a reality!

Anonymous
24th August 2007, 07:55 PM
mejoren los juegos, puedo jugar como a 2 juegos nomas de la lista, los demas se ven como las weas

Anonymous
26th August 2007, 12:11 PM
no mames no c como bajar unos putos juego jajzja

Anonymous
26th August 2007, 03:00 PM
como descargo el plugin de video

Anonymous
28th August 2007, 06:39 AM
I didn't get to lower :( I am of the brasil ;D

Anonymous
28th August 2007, 06:41 AM
help-me, my e-mail is
ronnystokobowh@yahoo.com.br I don't know if we will get if it communicates

Anonymous
29th August 2007, 09:33 AM
;D ;) >:( :o

Anonymous
30th August 2007, 10:49 PM
what about the viligant 1 and 2 they barly run and there good games, and mario tennis fixation would be nice

Anonymous
1st September 2007, 12:50 PM
eu sou mas eu

Anonymous
6th September 2007, 01:58 PM
quiero desgargar el juego zelda como ago intento descargarlo y no puedo :o ;D ;D

Anonymous
8th September 2007, 01:55 AM
Hey sounds lush!!!

:(but i'm a bit stuck with 1.6, when i try installing, it comes up with a looking for disk thing, do i need anything else to install 1.6?:o

still lush though!!! love project64 ;D ;D ;D

Anonymous
15th September 2007, 02:43 PM
I think being able to play multiplayer version of our favouruite games online will be awsome

its that 1 game Super Smash Bros where we pwnd our friends lol ;D ;D ;D

Anonymous
16th September 2007, 06:29 PM
I just wanted to say PJ64 has been the best emulator I've used accross all this time.. My son will grow up using PJ64 because it's simpliest the best!!.

It doesn't matter how much time it takes to be complete or with no glitches, the fact of allowing us to keep playing our N64 games for tradition is enough...
Thanks developers.

Charlton White

Anonymous
28th September 2007, 06:43 AM
http://www.pj64-emu.com/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/blogimage.jpg

squall_leonhart
5th October 2007, 04:46 AM
1. Addressing the slowness.
Pj64, is emulating the hardware of the console, using the hardware of a PC, this isn't an easy task and requires alot of processing power, the more accurate PJ64 gets, the slower its gunna be, this comes from emulating effects that weren't before, better timing issues.

some games actually slow down on the console, so any game that does, will do so on PJ64.

written by Shadowboy, July 28, 2007

Hey, why the donations? My father was beta user of version 1.3 (the first) and he dont donated. he only was a helper, cause he is a programmer. With the donations, many programmer who could be a great help dont enter the project. why donations? can the human work without being paid? now I know because you are the only emu group that dont ends suddently the project: you have money...

Times change, the last time the team went and tried to get help from outside sources, it ended up being a waste of time, the donations aren't just a source of payment, but also an indication that we are dedicated to PJ64, some people, with too much money to throw away, like to leak builds though, which isn't just bad for the image of the team, but also us as the beta testers, infact not to point out links, but a certain person has hacked a leaked version and is claiming it as his own work... surely he needs the crap kicked out of him... but i'll leave that to professionals.

in kirby the life bar is bad
not fixed, who knows if it will be... only jabo.

in zelda majora when you have the cool effect when putting the masks the game runs slower in some pc's

this can't be helped, the effects require a large amount of Vram bandwidth so the only fix is to upgrade or lower the graphic settings.

in zelda oot the start menu has some slow downs (when opening is still a bit small time before it opens and when changing the eqipment the clothes dont change faster)

disable advanced block linking and make sure you have the latest RDB and Cheat list.

pokemon snap still doesnt recognize pkmn signs (very important because you cant finish the game)
i've been looking into this myself in the memory debugger for changes that occur when you aim directly at a pokemon, but have so far found nothing.

well another thing is working on the transfer pak in pkmn stadium for the jabo plugin(because you cant play the game boy game in the pkmn stadium game in the nrage plugin)

GB Tower will never work as you are trying to emulate a GBA game via an already emulated N64 game, afaik, one or both of the carts enter a loop state and faily. Pokemon are transferrable to stadium via the nrage plugin.

you haven't really provided anything that wasn't already known unfortunately

Anonymous
18th October 2007, 01:40 PM
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

HatCat
19th October 2007, 02:07 PM
what about the viligant 1 and 2 they barly run and there good games, and mario tennis fixation would be nice

Jabo's plugin admittedly still is famous for being probably the only graphics plugin I've seen out of the bunch that has some sort of strange set of opacity issues with 2-D textures in certain games, I don't really know what the deal is, he's always have been said to worked out everything the hard way and do the work by himself and figure out a bunch of things, so his unique work in the plugin might have something to do with it, but,

Since you were patient to read through that :P, check Force Alpha Blending option. Options/Configure Graphics Plugin, should be an Advanced tab if you had "hide advanced options" unchecked before the dialoge opened.

For the Vigilante games, the Software Rendering option seems to be the biggest improvement, with the menus running at full speed and pixelated frame buffer effects, also at full speed, working successfully with all parts of the menus showing. The in-game hasn't improved by too much, there is a setting that fixes some of the issues, setting Direct3D Clear Mode to Always should help.

Anonymous
20th October 2007, 08:20 AM
put a botton were you can download project 64!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:'(

Anonymous
25th October 2007, 01:23 PM
fgdhfsdhfdghshfhg

Anonymous
26th October 2007, 09:23 AM
E muy bueno el juego 8)

Anonymous
4th November 2007, 09:32 AM
how do i download the games?

Anonymous
5th November 2007, 05:17 PM
1-Need support a Kaillera!! The Kaillera its a multy Player plugin!!!
2-Need input turbo buttom per buttom
3-Need trasnfer pokemon game of N64 to Game boy emulator Pokemon game,
4-Need Hack Rouble Pack support in Mario Kart, rsaa

Anonymous
12th November 2007, 10:31 PM
how to download p64 game >:(

Anonymous
23rd November 2007, 01:13 AM
search on google for roms.

Anonymous
23rd November 2007, 01:15 AM
go to romloader.de.vu

Anonymous
30th November 2007, 11:32 AM
quien eresjavascript:void(0);
Smiley

Anonymous
1st December 2007, 11:28 AM
i want 1.7 so badly! i want it for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
21st December 2007, 11:34 PM
I wish you still had a way to get this version...

Anonymous
10th January 2008, 07:33 AM
:) :) :) ;d ;d ;d 8) 8) 8) 8)

Anonymous
10th January 2008, 07:34 AM
hi leuts wie gehts

Anonymous
21st January 2008, 11:52 AM
I am currently using Project 64 1.6 but the audio plugins do not work...
Does anyone know how to fix it? What am I doing wrong? I can't play my games without sound because that sucks..please help..

Anonymous
21st January 2008, 03:01 PM
how do you fix direct sound errors?
because zilmar's and no sound audio plugins do not initialize..
the last time i ran pj 64 before all this happened was when my computer had low virtual memory..so it said requests for some applications may be denied. so i ran pj 64..ERROR!audio plugins didn't initialize!!HELP ME please..

Anonymous
8th February 2008, 10:23 PM
I am a junior high school student,
↑のEnglishはあっているかな?
英語はわからない・・・

日本人です。

Anonymous
8th February 2008, 10:23 PM
I am a junior high school student,
↑のEnglishはあっているかな?
英語はわからない・・・

日本人です。

Anonymous
18th March 2008, 12:28 AM
ja best n64 game ;) >)

Anonymous
26th March 2008, 11:16 AM
im being kidnapped and this is a computer i got hold of my name i stephen paul from boston and im think im somewhere by boston pl

Anonymous
2nd April 2008, 12:23 AM
hallo erstmal ich bin der achmet
ich spiele gerne mit ein schachbrett

Anonymous
18th May 2008, 02:46 AM
i am having technical difficaultyies i dont know hoe to download your games plz help!!!!!!

Anonymous
9th June 2008, 07:53 AM
no coments :D

Anonymous
28th June 2008, 01:11 AM
wie macht man das zum spielen

Anonymous
28th June 2008, 01:12 AM
und zum laden

Anonymous
8th July 2008, 12:14 PM
wher can iget a n64 emulator??

Anonymous
8th July 2008, 07:46 PM
So....
Does anyone know when 1.7 is going to be publicly released?
i would become a member, but the donation page is down :(

Anonymous
24th July 2008, 05:20 AM
keep doin what yall doin let nintendo64 live

Gaston27
21st January 2010, 01:25 AM
make this online spanish chat

squall_leonhart
21st January 2010, 03:38 AM
Wtf is this faggotry.

Breadwinka
21st January 2010, 08:28 PM